• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Food courts and coffee shops food more and more fcuked up !

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food courts and coffee shops food more and more fcuked up !

Quality and helping is terrible .

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What to expect? Those people manning the foodcourt stalls are only employees on fixed low wages. They have no incentive to cook well.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can find sugar and ajinomoto in most of the food in restaurants, food courts, coffee shops and hawker centres. sinkkies' taste is unique.

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont think I forgot your first threat to me in the FT column. If you got guts to threaten someone first, make sure you follow through.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the food in most foodcourt is now sub-standard dished out by poorly trained FTs - anyhow do and anyhow cook! you die your business from local laksa to western steak! you look at their faces and you look at the prices,you already puke before you taste your food..

food is really bad....sub-standard indeed and the price is painful too.

i don't eat at foodcourts now...i return to the old stalls in coffee shops...but the price is also up. at least the standard is still maintained.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
the food in most foodcourt is now sub-standard dished out by poorly trained FTs - anyhow do and anyhow cook! you die your business from local laksa to western steak! you look at their faces and you look at the prices,you already puke before you taste your food..

food is really bad....sub-standard indeed and the price is painful too.

i don't eat at foodcourts now...i return to the old stalls in coffee shops...but the price is also up. at least the standard is still maintained.

yeah man terrible experience . Getting worst ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
boycott all foodcorts! ...

eat @ hawker centres n nayborhood kopitiams ...

lucky my downstairs kopitiam still got goot local hawker fare ...

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only idiots eat at foodcourts with their high rental... the food and service is lousy because the bulk of costs go to pap rental collection... the only costs which go into the food is very low compare to the price idiots paid...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
these swee swee foodcourts are really swee swee monopolies...the food is horrendous and the people who serve you are really horrendous too...bochap!!!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The S11s , KopiTiam, Banquet all 'Food Court' Oligarchies responsible for high bids & reckless profiteering .... as long as employ somebody to produce something similar to what is claimed ..... gone are the old-timers who know their stuff & take pride in their culinary craft ....

Just witness all the tasteless plain soup that goes with all kinds of dishes - whether yong tau foo, fishball soup, wanton mee .... MSG, miserly green 'chang' & custom pre-fried 'yew-chang', no more yellow-bean/ikan billis soup stock ...

endorse what has been said : stop patronizing food courts & visit good old hawker stalls ...

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many years ago, local pubs in the UK faced problems similar to the ones faced by our hawkers a few years back, i.e. rising costs and homogenization resulting from buyouts by big breweries.

The people reacted by starting CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) and quite successfully preserved the unique flavours of individual pubs and districts. Maybe we should revive the old hawker fare with CAMRHAF, to save our foods from Sheng Shiong and NTUC Food Fare.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
patronise genuine "local ethnic" hawker stalls - fast vanishing too.

the foodcocks food really sucks!!!