• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

14 year old Singaporean vows to leave Singapore if PAP is not voted out by the next g

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
14 year old Singaporean vows to leave Singapore if PAP is not voted out by the next general election

Dear TR,

After reading mails from Ms Melissa Quek, Mr Devoran, Ms T.Rajendran and Ms Judy Eng, I’ve decided to stop idling behind the computer screen waiting for change to happen. I’m writing in hopes that I can reach out to people whom may read and perhaps relate to what I have been experiencing as of late.

First off, I’m a 14-year-old Secondary School student. My family aren’t rich, but we are staying in a 4-room HDB flat. Even though I’m 14, I understand the things that are happening.

A little about my current family position. My mother has cancer and she has to go for check-ups regularly.

Early last month, about 8 hours after my mother had left for a checkup at Singapore General Hospital, I went with my father. It was 11pm then, and we both were worried about her. There was no reason for a checkup to be this long. So we went, but we didn’t know which block she was at. I called her by phone.

Turns out that she was at the emergency block, Block 1.

A little of a back-story. A doctor who removed the tumor in her right lung claimed there was no need for chemotherapy. However, she still complained of pain in her right chest. It turned out that the cancer cells had already infected her lymph nodes and it wasn’t detected then. Now it’s too late though. The cancer cells are slowly eating her life away.

Now that when I recall this incident, I feel disgust and hate towards this medical standard. Is this acceptable? Why should a check-up, in the EMERGENCY block, end up being 8 hours long?! How on earth did that doctor think that chemotherapy was not necessary? I had no idea what happened. By the time my mother had received the report and we reached home, it was almost 2am. I missed school the next day as I was too fatigued.

What is the government doing? Did they even CHECK? Where’s our money going?!

Obviously that greedy geezer and the famiLEE.

This really angers me. My mother also has very little money left in her bank. She cannot go to work, and now I’m also trying to save as much as I can so she doesn’t have to give me too much allowance everyday. GIRO doesn’t help much either. Luckily, my now married sister and brother, who have their own families, are helping. But that doesn’t even amount to much. It’s still a hard road to walk, but walk it we must.

Other than this beyond disappointing medical incident, I also have a school life. It’s not very enjoyable either.

MRT, public buses. I’m sure everyone knows that it’s crowded as heck, and my gigantic monster of a school bag doesn’t help either. Going my car isn’t any better. The road is congested as hell in the morning. In the afternoon, it’s better. But I occasionally have a couple of PRs sitting in the seat before me, talking loudly non-stop. Even the earpieces blasting my ears to deaf doesn’t help.

In school, sometimes we have CME or PG lessons and the teacher gives the class a worksheet which sings praises about what PAP has done for the people. One I recall from memory, was roughly,

“Every time I see old folks gathering recyclables from a garbage can on the street, my heart laments for them. The people these days are lacking filial piety…” …. “…I am glad that the government is helping the needy with assistance schemes. The government is doing a good job.”

Obviously there is something very wrong there. I thought to myself, ‘if the government is doing a good job, then why are these old folks gathering and selling recyclables?’ I asked the teacher so, but he just shrugged and replied that he doesn’t know why.

He’s probably another brainwashed PAP dog, that’s why.

Also, 4 china students transfered into my class during the past month. They are always getting the praises and 1st place for tests/exams. They are leeching the motivation out of everyone. No one really mixes with them. The whole class might as well be a class for PRs instead! I cannot really express myself too well with words, but every time I see them, I can’t help but hate their attitude. I know not all of them are bad, but with all these incidents like then acting all big and mighty, or talking loud and sometimes insulting us behind our back loudly, really left this impression on me.

The government loves them too. They bring money with them. They are also cheaper, faster, better. The way I see it, they are cheaters, liars, asses. Again, I know not all of them are bad. I am referring to the ones that really gives the impression. I have seen it too many times. It’s easy to tell.

I also sometimes worry about my future if I were to continue to stay in Singapore. No doubt the population density would get really dense, and at some point, buying a house would blow a million dollars. Everything sucks you dry. So therefore I arrived with this conclusion. If nothing is done right to change is broken system, then I’m moving to another country. Living here is as good as being in a lifetime debt to the government, and that is the same as being on a leash.
I feel so much rage for this greedy government. Leeching our money, which they then throw them in a well praying a genie would come out. I vow, if PAP is still not voted out after the next election, then goodbye, Singapore, I’m moving onto another country once I am able to stand on my own.

By the by, there’s more mind control worksheets I’ve done.

“Do you feel proud to be a Singaporean? If so, why?”
No. The government is ignorant and greedy, that’s why.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I feel better getting these off my chest. You
may do whatever you wish with this.may do whatever you wish with this.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 14 year old Singaporean vows to leave Singapore if PAP is not voted out by the ne

Sounds like an old man rambling. Really 14 year old wrote this? He's wise beyond his age. Not that anything he claims is wrong; they are all clear and present problems for all SGreans.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 14 year old Singaporean vows to leave Singapore if PAP is not voted out by the ne

A little of a back-story. A doctor who removed the tumor in her right lung claimed there was no need for chemotherapy. However, she still complained of pain in her right chest. It turned out that the cancer cells had already infected her lymph nodes and it wasn’t detected then. Now it’s too late though. The cancer cells are slowly eating her life away.
Now that when I recall this incident, I feel disgust and hate towards this medical standard. Is this acceptable? Why should a check-up, in the EMERGENCY block, end up being 8 hours long?! How on earth did that doctor think that chemotherapy was not necessary? I had no idea what happened. By the time my mother had received the report and we reached home, it was almost 2am. I missed school the next day as I was too fatigued.

What is the government doing? Did they even CHECK? Where’s our money going?!

Well sometimes the doctor will analyse the situation .
Like your background and bank account. Sometimes it's better to close the case up fast and let your mom be on the way .
Suggesting treatment is not always good for his career knowing your mom's situation and bank account .

The best solution to your mom is going home untreated since she got limited savings . Only the ones with savings and affluent will be recommended treatment .

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sounds like an old man rambling. Really 14 year old wrote this? He's wise beyond his age. Not that anything he claims is wrong; they are all clear and present problems for all SGreans.

An old man will definitely know by now the workings of the system !

Why are patients rejected and why some are introduced into the treatment ?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you are reading SBF . I will like find you .
You can start writing your daily activities .
I will like to give you hope and strength by paying for your articles .
But you must prove that you are eighteen and your story is true .