• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans getting dumber by the day

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such simple things, Singaporeans don't understand. The bigger question is whether STOMP is producing more and more dumb Singaporeans like Bram.

Cash buy? Simple reasoning will tell you that the person wants/is willing to buy in cash.

What does this business mean by 'cash buy'?

STOMPer Bram sent in this picture of a puzzling yet amusing sign found outside his school and can't decide if they are in the business of buying or selling.

In an email dated 26 July, Bram says:

"This photograph was taken outside my school.

"I can't get what the billboard is trying to say.

"What are they trying to say by 'We Cash Buy'?

"Do they mean 'We are selling'?"

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to write 3.57cents without confusing/misleading the public.

Rates on parking sign at T3 very misleading

A STOMPer was very amused by the seemingly 'exorbitant' parking rates for cars at Changi Airport Terminal 3's basement carpark, according to this sign displayed.

However on closer inspection he realised the sign read 3.57 cents, not dollars, per minute, which totals about $2.14 per hour.

Says the STOMPer:

"My son and I were at the airport to send my wife off.

"When I went to top up my cashcard, we were surprised to see this sign beside the top-up machine.

"It really looks like $3.57 per minute. We thought that parking would cost $35.70 for ten minutes!

"However we realised that it is actually 3.57 cents per minute.

"It is very, very misleading to phrase the rate in this way. When drivers glance through the sign they will not notice it as 3.57 cents, instead of dollars, per minute.

"The older folks who see the sign may not read it accurately as well. It makes the parking appear so expensive.

"I feel they should rephrase the parking rates so that it is less misleading and also easier to calculate the cost".

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stompers are a bunch of busy bodies - with the exception of a few genuine people. The rest are just to stump people.

simone

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to write 3.57cents without confusing/misleading the public.

Rates on parking sign at T3 very misleading

A STOMPer was very amused by the seemingly 'exorbitant' parking rates for cars at Changi Airport Terminal 3's basement carpark, according to this sign displayed.

However on closer inspection he realised the sign read 3.57 cents, not dollars, per minute, which totals about $2.14 per hour.

Says the STOMPer:

"My son and I were at the airport to send my wife off.

"When I went to top up my cashcard, we were surprised to see this sign beside the top-up machine.

"It really looks like $3.57 per minute. We thought that parking would cost $35.70 for ten minutes!

"However we realised that it is actually 3.57 cents per minute.

"It is very, very misleading to phrase the rate in this way. When drivers glance through the sign they will not notice it as 3.57 cents, instead of dollars, per minute.

"The older folks who see the sign may not read it accurately as well. It makes the parking appear so expensive.

"I feel they should rephrase the parking rates so that it is less misleading and also easier to calculate the cost".

they are not misleading u my bro... SO u prefer to park ur "whatever" for 5 mins and pay for the parking by HOURLY rate???? if parking is gonna cost $35.57 for ten minutes, might as well wait outside the bank with knifes when it opens (dun need to worry abt parking too)... so who's being dumb?