• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worst interchange in Singapore

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
"This is the worst interchange in Singapore!"

Just look at the long queues which are formed at this bus interchange in Yio Chu Kang.

And STOMPer Snow Beauty is frustrated with the lack of a proper shelter there, as well as the long waiting times.

In an e-mail dated 23 July, Snow Beauty says:

"The government has encouraged Singaporeans to take public transport, but if transport operators are not going to improve it services, it is difficult to convince Singaporeans to switch public transport.

"Can the authorities do something to improve Yio Chu Kang MRT Station? I guess this is the worst Bus Interchange in Singapore I have ever seen.

"There is no proper shelter for those who are waiting for the bus. The only shelter for the bus stops are under the MRT railway".

She says that commuters have to experience long waiting times in these crowded and unsheltered queues under all sorts of weather.

This not only inconveniences those waiting to board buses, it is also a hassle to train commuters because the queues often extend into the MRT station as well.

"When it rains, the place is really wet and slippery. It not only inconveniences commuters but also those who work nearby the Industrial Park.

"The queue can stretch from the waiting point to the end of the MRT station.

"Each time it rains, the walkway is always blocked by people who are waiting in line for bus number 72.

"I hope the authorities can do something to improve the area".

STOMP is contacting LTA for a statement.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not oni interchange... Bus/MRT are jam pack these days and the frequency had actually gone frm bad 2 worst 4 some bus svcs. ERP does nothing but suck blood out of us... Folks are flocking bk to non expressway n it jam like shit. 1 2 suck our blood then b honest with it. Dun say until the bloody ERP system fly sky drill earth ease traffic congestion problem. WTF!!!!! :mad::rolleyes::biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
MS.. DNAT also very dulan
mad.gif
... he ask u to jio that transport minister out for lunch.
he will settle the rest.. dont worry.. maybe he will give Blowjob to him???:biggrin: :biggrin:

ERP..(EVERY ROAD PAY)
ERP..(EVERY ROAD PAY)
ERP..(EVERY ROAD PAY)

NDun say until the bloody ERP system fly sky drill earth ease traffic congestion problem. WTF!!!!! :mad::rolleyes::biggrin:

zai_si

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ai make a lot of money but refuse to spend of increasing the frequency. Each 1/4 of the yr, they would announce how much profit they had made out of the ppl's pockets. But what kind of improvement had they done so far? Each time they say they want to help the ppl, on the other hand must make sure make profit or else sure kenna butter gao gao by the top mgmt and that happen to be who? who else?... pay & pay lor... that what sg are gd at... grumble now but later also kwai kwai pay....

zai_si

Alfrescian
Loyal
soon or later, you will pay once u start ur engine via satelite. Each time u enter the highway, it will charge u from the time u enter and at which entrance till u exit.. u will be charge accordingly. but u will still heard good news... saying that the govn is going to waive off the road taxes.. what goes out from their left pocket will eventually return to their right pocket.... ERP = Engwan Remeber to Pay....

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Dun say until the bloody ERP system fly sky drill earth ease traffic congestion problem ...
tink u heard it wrongly ... wat me heard was dat ...

... say until ze bloody erp system makes u wanna fly sky drill earth ... :biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
MS.. DNAT also very dulan
mad.gif
... he ask u to jio that transport minister out for lunch.
he will settle the rest.. dont worry.. maybe he will give Blowjob to him???:biggrin: :biggrin:

Huh?? Jio out 4 wat?? Then nxt day Natnat go clinic rpt sick say bantak pain... screw by some impt man izit?? :biggrin::biggrin:

tink u heard it wrongly ... wat me heard was dat ...

... say until ze bloody erp system makes u wanna fly sky drill earth ... :biggrin:

Think bery soon hor... we will hab mktg for foldable car leow... u noe... those can fold n hand carry inside MRT or bus 1? Mafun is mafun by still a whole lot cheaper then kena diap by the bloody ERP... :biggrin::biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
i also dont know what dnat want to do... but he say he is a hitman..:biggrin:
i lidat say will dnat kenna invite to drink kopi or not huh??:biggrin::biggrin: maybe i should he is a sissy hitman who is good at giving BJ.. lidat better?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Huh?? Jio out 4 wat?? Then nxt day Natnat go clinic rpt sick say bantak pain... screw by some impt man izit?? :biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i also dont know what dnat want to do... but he say he is a hitman..:biggrin:
i lidat say will dnat kenna invite to drink kopi or not huh??:biggrin::biggrin: maybe i should he is a sissy hitman who is good at giving BJ.. lidat better?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

I can confirm DNAT is not Hitman... Coz both oso i got kopi with them b4...:biggrin::p

Psst... i still keep in touch with Hitman once a while...:biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ERP and fare revisions are not linked

We refer to Ms Kwok Shwu Ching's letter 'Why subject buses to ERP?' (my paper, July 18), which suggested that Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) be waived for public buses.

The writer said that ERP charges compel public-transport operators to pass on this cost to commuters in the form of fare revisions.

We would like to clarify that ERP and public-transport fare revisions are not linked.

The objective of ERP is to provide for smooth-flowing roads by managing traffic congestion. It is an equitable system that charges vehicles according to how much they add to congestion, based on the amount of road space they occupy.
Public buses are subject to ERP because, like all other road users, they occupy road space and contribute to traffic congestion.

Public-transport fares, on the other hand, are capped by a formula based on macro-economic factors, such as national inflation and wage increases, rather than operators' specific costs, such as ERP.

Operators would have to manage their costs more efficiently, and cannot simply pass on their costs to commuters.

The Government's pro-public transport approach exempts public buses from Certificate-of-Entitlement payments.

The road tax for public buses was also reduced substantially by between $3,500 and $3,900 per bus when ERP was introduced in 1998.

With effect from July 1, 2008, the annual road tax for public buses has been further reduced by 15 per cent.

Fark lah tcss again! Lidat y mus we pay road tax? Since u like 2 suck blood on 1 hand n tok like saint on the other i teach u lah. Jus charge another 7% GST on existing ERP fees lah. :rolleyes::biggrin:

simone

Alfrescian
Loyal
ms.. Dnat also very dulan
mad.gif
... He ask u to jio that transport minister out for lunch.
He will settle the rest.. Dont worry.. maybe he will give blowjob to him???:d :d

erp..(every road pay)
erp..(every road pay)
erp..(every road pay)

erp = extra revenue proposal

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really tcss ... :rolleyes:

... Public-transport fares, on the other hand, are capped by a formula based on macro-economic factors, such as national inflation and wage increases, rather than operators' specific costs, such as ERP.

Operators would have to manage their costs more efficiently, and cannot simply pass on their costs to commuters.
so, if oil price go up, dey wil manage their cost efficiently n wun increase ze fare wor ... very nice of dem ...

The road tax for public buses was also reduced substantially by between $3,500 and $3,900 per bus when ERP was introduced in 1998.

With effect from July 1, 2008, the annual road tax for public buses has been further reduced by 15 per cent.
den, how cum no fare revision 2 make bus fare cheaper? ...

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The objective of ERP is to provide for smooth-flowing roads by managing traffic congestion.

Ms Kwok Shwu Ching may be right. Buses serve to provide for smooth-flowing roads by reducing cars on the road which otherwise be on the road and thus managing traffic congestion.

Imagine the 100 plus commuters switching from buses to cars. So buses reduces traffic congestion and should not be subjected to ERP.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so, if oil price go up, dey wil manage their cost efficiently n wun increase ze fare wor ... very nice of dem ...

den, how cum no fare revision 2 make bus fare cheaper? ...

Lower price? U wait long long oso dun hab...:(:biggrin:

Ms Kwok Shwu Ching may be right. Buses serve to provide for smooth-flowing roads by reducing cars on the road which otherwise be on the road and thus managing traffic congestion.

Imagine the 100 plus commuters switching from buses to cars. So buses reduces traffic congestion and should not be subjected to ERP.

"Public buses are subject to ERP because, like all other road users, they occupy road space and contribute to traffic congestion."

Road users... Alamak pedestrian oso road users... nxt time we cross road oso mus pay ERP cos traffic had 2 stop for us when crossing traffic light and zebra crossing...:(:biggrin:

omega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just look at the long queues which are formed at this bus interchange in Yio Chu Kang.

The long queues are not uncommon during rush hour but the lack of shelter is a big problem.