• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All S'poreans MUST Read: OPEN MOUTH WRONGLY Kenna Fuck Until Jialat

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages/?msg=30340.1

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead" valign="top"><td class="msgF" width="1%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">kojakbt_89 <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" width="30%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">3:50 am </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">ALL <nobr></nobr></td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (1 of 14) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">30340.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt"> Mar 20, 2010

Immigrant children 'will be like us'

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
a39-2.jpg
DPM Wong's China-born parents first came to Singapore in the 1930s to seek a better life. They returned briefly to China after the war but came back in 1949, and became Singapore citizens in 1957. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND WEE

<!-- story content : start --> WHEN Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng's parents first came to Singapore to look for a better life in the 1930s, they sold sundry provisions.
But business was not good after <leo_highlight style="border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(255, 255, 150); background-color: transparent; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0% 50%; -moz-background-size: auto auto; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_0" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_0')" leohighlights_keywords="world%20war%20ii" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_1/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dworld%2520war%2520ii%26domain%3Dforums.delphiforums.com" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_1/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dworld%2520war%2520ii%26domain%3Dforums.delphiforums.com" leohighlights_underline="true">World War II</leo_highlight>, so they returned to their village in Zhongshan prefecture in Guangdong, China, taking their young daughter and son who were born here with them.
After six months, they returned here in 1949. Mr Wong was three years old.
'I don't think the conditions in China were favourable,' Mr Wong, 63, tells Insight.
'Having been in Singapore for some years, my parents thought Singapore was a better place to make a living.'
What led them to move here is no different from why many of today's migrants decided to come here.
Back in their village, his parents and others lived off the soil as farmers.
When they came here for the second time, they became hawkers in what is today Farrer Park, selling noodles at a coffee shop at the corner of Race Course Road and Owen Road.
Life was tough, for they had to move from one rented room to another in the area - including a converted garage - each time the rent went up. They also had three more daughters.
'Since life was still not very good in China in the 1950s, and the children were all here, my parents decided to make Singapore home,' says Mr Wong.
They could speak only Cantonese, but picked up bazaar Malay and Hokkien to get by at the market.
After several years, they took over the tenancy of a pre-war single-storey terrace house in Race Course Road, and set up a stall in front of their home.
They were determined to give their children a good education, even though Mr Wong's father had only a few years of education and his mother, none.
There were not many English-medium schools then, but the former tenant of their new house helped register Mr Wong in the Rangoon Road Primary School, where he began his education.
He also attended a Chinese school for the other half of the day. He went on to Outram Secondary School and the University of Singapore before joining the Administrative Service. He entered politics in 1984.
Mr Wong's younger sisters went to Methodist Girls' School. One became a nurse, another a legal clerk, and the youngest an accountant.
When not at school, they would help out at the noodle stall.
To earn extra income, their father would travel around selling sundry goods, cloth and fruits from a tricycle cart. He also helped friends and fellow migrants from his village write letters home.
As Singapore moved towards self-government, the law was changed in 1957 to allow those born here or who had lived here for 10 years to become citizens.
Like many of the 220,000 China-born Chinese here, Mr Wong's parents registered as Singapore citizens.
This entitled them to vote in the May 1959 elections, which brought the People's Action Party to power.
Mr Wong remembers accompanying his parents to the polling station at his old school and listening to the results over the radio.
Many of his classmates had parents who were born elsewhere, but this was never an issue, he recalls.
He notes that not many Singaporeans can really claim to have been here for more than five generations.
'Now, we feel foreigners who come here are intruding into our space. But we forget that that's what our parents did before - intruding into the space of those who were here before them.
'We should remember that immigrant children will one day be like us,' he adds.
Mr Wong speaks from experience when he says: 'Many of us are first generation. When you are born here, your friends are here in the same school, with the same language, you will feel Singaporean.'

</td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr> </tbody></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="msgopt" width="24%" nowrap="nowrap"> Options</td><td class="msgrde" width="50%" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"> Reply</td></tr></tbody></table>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead" valign="top"><td class="msgF" width="1%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">kojakbt_89 <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" width="30%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">3:54 am </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">ALL <nobr></nobr></td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (3 of 14) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">30340.3 in reply to 30340.2 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt"> <li class="alt" id="comment-96014"> Mas Selemat Datang on Sat, 20th Mar 2010 2:55 pm
916f8921b741cf23af8dc2fa929e7aa7

“Wong Kan Seng: We should remember that immigrant children will one day be like us”
Sorry, Mr. Wong, that’s not what we’re going to remember. On the other hand, we will make dead certainty that our NEXT GENERATION will remember your splendid fiasco of allowing a LIMPING TERRORIST to escape from a tight security JAMBAN !!

<li class="alt" id="comment-96015"> XIIIblackcat on Sat, 20th Mar 2010 2:56 pm
ed945eeb38d90dd7c363c8773463436c

And long long times ago our police man were all wearing shorts. Why can’t our stupid millionaire PAP get it? The situation in the past is vastly different from now. STOP COMPARING THE PAST AND NOW! The past is what shaped the future now, but not a justification for what the future holds.

<li class="alt" id="comment-96016"> Ah Siao on Sat, 20th Mar 2010 2:56 pm
bb03f24b87037339b5ca342ae0b9e433

Times are different. Last time policeman wear short lah.
We should remember to vote you out.

</td></tr></tbody></table><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt"><li class="alt" id="comment-96025"> stupid-son-of-Singapore on Sat, 20th Mar 2010 3:09 pm
742912439d5a88aa5485ad02207ca5ce

x Should we Abolish NS, discard the National Antemn – Majullah Singapura and trash the Pledge then let this place be a Pure Free Market – simply to make money only ???
*2 of my uncles and one of my aunties were killed by the Japanese when they invaded Singapore; similar to many other people who were either tortured or killed in Singapore at that time.
My grandparents and father suffered hunger and humiliations during the Japanese occupation of Singapore.
My father told me to do my National Service well
Without being a regular; I contributed until the rank of Major [NS] and was CO of one Guards Battalion and Brigade Dy S3.
*But now traitors had let in excessive numbers of cheap foreigners; invaded n mess up our lives in Singapore. This is same like the Japanese enemies who invaded n exploited Singapore 2 generations ago.
Many of us lost our biz, are jobless, missed local university places, missed scholarships, missed preferred primary school places, lost COEs, couldn’t afford public HDB flats, disrupted by foreigner queues jumping for buses, for trains, for tickets, etc. We are forced to be more boorish.
Many of us got squeezed out of PMET jobs and now have to work as taxi drivers, insurance n financial derivatives agents, property agents, etc.
*Now my 80+ yrs old father have to stand while foreigners occupy Priority/Reserved seats in MRT trains and queue behind foreigners at hospitals n polyclinics.
Foreigner enemies are all here amongst us and probably the only task left for our uniformed armed forces is to help our ruling party clear oppositions n protestors from our streets.
Now, unlike my father, I tell my sons that National Service is meaningless.
I also told my sons not to hurry in marriage and least of all having children who may become financial slaves to the banks thru buying expensive houses, cars, and also tax slaves etc.
IQ is genetic; ordinary locals got squeezed down the artificial Population ‘Bell Curve’ by foreigners in Singapore.
Quotas in Uni, JCs, Polys limiting locals plus FTs also squeezed us down the artificial Population ‘Bell Curve’ in Sgp.
</td></tr></tbody></table><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">30340.5 in reply to 30340.4 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt"> <li class="alt" id="comment-96027"> Charles on Sat, 20th Mar 2010 3:10 pm
ee6f3928299cce7689e980eff75c56fd

“We should remember that immigrant children will one day be like us”
Yeah right! when you bunch of crooks are no longer here and enjoying yourselves with your familees living in big bungalows from those billions pocketed from us taxpayers.

<li class="alt" id="comment-96029"> Papsmear on Sat, 20th Mar 2010 3:13 pm
a375fb215eb9ea97e6fccfb1cd3185b7

Wong K S, if in the early years there were such things as NS and its Citizens must served and Migrants need not served ( just like our policy now )…what do you think will happen to your Parents?
Why last time Minister pay no need so high, why now so high ? Why owning a car last time so cheap ,why now got ERP,COE ?
Go back and “sleep” if you keep wanting to think of “Past”.

<li class="alt" id="comment-96033"> Andrew Chen on Sat, 20th Mar 2010 3:24 pm
143570221523cc7aac4dd3e57333fcf5

Is this some sort of justification for their policy? How fraking lame! These types of useless comments from the likes of WKS are really stupid “brain farts” – totally irrelevant to the issues we’re facing.

</td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr></tbody></table><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt"><li class="alt" id="comment-96071"> Kojakbt on Your comment is awaiting moderation. Sat, 20th Mar 2010 4:13 pm
46b11191bfefb0018f41d2752c2fc868

In the olden days, there was no nationhood. People could come to and go from Singapore as they pleased. Passports were not required. If Singapore didn’t work out for them, they could easily returned back to China or India etc. There were hardly any border controls in Asia then.
Today, Singapore is a sovereign country. There are international laws and treaties for countries of the world to observe and abide. I would like to ask DPM Wong, if things don’t work out for Singaporeans in Singapore, can we, like our ancestors, just “walk back” to our ancestral countries? Sure, some western countries may allow Singaporeans to emigrate to their countries but they will only take the creme. What about the rest of the Singaporeans?
Meanwhile, those <leo_highlight style="border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(255, 255, 150); background-color: transparent; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0% 50%; -moz-background-size: auto auto; cursor: pointer; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" id="leoHighlights_Underline_3" onclick="leoHighlightsHandleClick('leoHighlights_Underline_3')" onmouseover="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOver('leoHighlights_Underline_3')" onmouseout="leoHighlightsHandleMouseOut('leoHighlights_Underline_3')" leohighlights_keywords="smart" leohighlights_url_top="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_1/tbh_highlightsTop.jsp?keywords%3Dsmart%26domain%3Dforums.delphiforums.com" leohighlights_url_bottom="http%3A//shortcuts.thebrowserhighlighter.com/leonardo/plugin/highlights/3_1/tbh_highlightsBottom.jsp?keywords%3Dsmart%26domain%3Dforums.delphiforums.com" leohighlights_underline="true">smart</leo_highlight> PRs or FTs who didn’t covert to Singapore citizenship continue to enjoy the option to go back home if things don’t work out here. DPM Wong, this is the main difference between Singapore then and now. So, stop hookwinking Singaporeans with the age old argument that our ancestors were “FTs” etc.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead" valign="top"><td class="msgF" width="1%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">papadom1 <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" width="30%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">5:10 am </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">kojakbt_89 <nobr></nobr> unread</td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (14 of 14) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">30340.14 in reply to 30340.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt">Stupid Wong foget that in those days there were only 220,000 pple here - now there is 5 million HAs the island land size expanded ?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">kojakbt_89 <nobr></nobr> unread</td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (11 of 14) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">30340.11 in reply to 30340.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt">Many of his classmates had parents who were born elsewhere, but this was never an issue, he recalls.
He notes that not many Singaporeans can really claim to have been here for more than five generations.
'Now, we feel foreigners who come here are intruding into our space. But we forget that that's what our parents did before - intruding into the space of those who were here before them.
for a start, i think i am the fifth gerneration here, and my son is the sixth. When i go ChingMing tomb sweeping, i can see my great grandfather pic staring down on me. There are still a couple of urns without on pic on them. My mum not sure who they are but looking at the date of passing, were 30+ years b4 my great grandfather. So they could be parents or elders of my grandfather.
But "i fark first" is barking up the wrong tree, it not how long we were here that is important. It the fact limpeh hold the pink tengkee, have given the my youth to the nation yet a bloody freeloader came along and share the fruits of my labour. If limpeh got extra still naber mine, but the fact i not enough still kenna force to share is beri the tah bolah tahan.