• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GLC Keppel Corp mass-recruiting Malaysians for jobs in Singapore

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite promises made by PAP leaders to slow down to the inflow of foreigners, Singapore companies, including Government-Linked Companies or GLCs which dominate the domestic economy, continues to hold mass-recruitment exercises overseas.

Finance Minister Tharman said in his recent Budget speech in the first week of March that Singapore has to boost its labor productivity and reduce its perennial dependence on foreign workers.

Just as when he was making his speech, a GLC – Keppel Corp has put up a recruitment advertisement in the Malaysian newspaper The Star seeking Malaysians to fill various positions in Singapore:

[Source: The Star, 6 March 2010]
http://www.temasekreview.com/wp-content/themes/church_10/images/thumbnails/keppelmsia.jpg

The above advertisement was listed on The Star on 6 March 2010 in The Star by Keppel Offshore and Marine, a GLC owned partly by Temasek Holdings for job vacancies in Singapore for managerial and engineering positions.

The candidates are advised to send their resumes to the Human Resource Department of Keppel Corp Ltd at 50 Gul Road, Singapore 629351.

The PAP has always argued that foreign workers are needed to take up jobs shunned by Singaporeans.

While Singaporeans may not be keen to work in Keppel shipyards, they should be willing to work as managers and engineers there.

Singapore produces over 1,000 engineers yearly from NUS and NTU. Are there a shortage of engineers in Singapore? Why does Keppel need to go all the way to Malaysia to recruit their engineers? Are Malaysian engineers more highly trained and qualified than Singapore engineers?

It is most disheartening that a GLC has openly disregarded the government’s call to reduce Singapore’s dependence on foreign workers. How can we expect the other companies and MNCs to follow suit?

Based on anecdotal evidence from our readers, companies are still recruiting foreign workers who are preferred over Singaporeans due to their much lower cost and willingness to work for long hours.

One GP we spoke to claimed that he does about five to ten work permit renewals for foreign workers a day.

It is quite obvious that the PAP is only paying lip-service to reducing the influx of foreigners into Singapore which is no more but a gimmick to placate rising frustration, discontent and anger among Singaporeans ahead of the next general election.

The rosy employment figures provideded by the Ministry of Manpower cannot be trusted either as they lump PRs and citizens together as one category – “locals”. The exact unemployment rate and numbers of citizens in various industries remain unknown to this very day.

The daily propaganda being churned out by the state media contrasts the reality on the ground – foreigners are still coming in droves and Singaporeans are experiencing a tough time getting a job which pays well.

As Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong admitted himself, the recent “changes” in policies do not mark a major “U-turn” in the PAP’s much maligned “FT policy” and that the number of foreign workers may actually increase in the next few months ahead.

It is the duty of the government of the day to provide every Singapore citizen with a job which pays a decent wage commensurate with the standard of living in Singapore and not just to give them the “dignity” of having a job only, to quote the words of PAP MP and NTUC Deputy Secretary-General Halimah Yacob.

Unless wholesale changes are made to current labor laws to forbid the recruitment of foreign workers for positions like managers and engineers which can otherwise by filled by citizens, Singapore companies, including the GLCs will continue their disciminatory practices of putting up job advertisements in other countries.

D

Da Ji

That's why this forum would not have been a success without the PAP. (Pardon the Pun) :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We have to welcom our Malaysian Brethens....did you see our STATE CREST?, the HARIMAU holds the other...and who is that HARIMAU!!...Malaysians are not Foreign Talents, they are not Local TAlents, they are in the eyes of the MIW's EXCEPTIONAL TALENTS ( ET), where many of our Ministars cometh from...

prince123456

Alfrescian
Loyal
quoted from http://vs.moe.edu.sg/national_symbol.htm
NATIONAL COAT OF ARMS (STATE CREST)

Origin
The National coat of Arms (State Crest) was first launched on 3 Dec 1959 together with the National Flag and National Anthem at the installation of the Yang di-Pertuan Negara at the City Hall steps.

Meaning
The State Crest of Singapore consists of a shield emblazoned with a white crescent moon and five white stars against a red background. Red is symbolic of universal brotherhood and equality of man, and white signifies pervading and everlasting purity and virtue. The five stars represent the five ideals of democracy, peace, progress, justice and equality. Supporting the shield are a lion on the left, and a tiger on the right. Below the shield is a banner inscribed with the Republic's motto. Majulah Singapura. The lion represents Singapore itself and the tiger, the island's historical links with Malaysia.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have to welcom our Malaysian Brethens....did you see our STATE CREST?, the HARIMAU holds the other...and who is that HARIMAU!!...Malaysians are not Foreign Talents, they are not Local TAlents, they are in the eyes of the MIW's EXCEPTIONAL TALENTS ( ET), where many of our Ministars cometh from...

so far, most of the malaysians i work with are cunning backstabbers. (look at low class cow, smile, smile but comes up with all the evil schemes)

they hate singaporeans, yet love to 'suffer' here for the money. the guys can fuck back to mudland. the girls are alright. :biggrin:

STORMER

Alfrescian
Loyal
so far, most of the malaysians i work with are cunning backstabbers. (look at low class cow, smile, smile but comes up with all the evil schemes)

they hate singaporeans, yet love to 'suffer' here for the money. The guys can fuck back to mudland. The girls are alright. :d

fully agree.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...recruiting-malaysians-for-jobs-in-sinagapore/

Ah Gong on Fri, 19th Mar 2010 12:53 am

Even if Keppel advertised in Singapore,these does not mean they will employ Singaporeans. I used to work in a now listed company,my department boss who happened to be an Indo Chinese who became Singaporean was always checking with HR if quota is open for him to employ foreigners. He will put up normal recruitment advertisements as well as employment firms for help.

Many Singaporean applicants would apply with some foreigners too. Here was the problem, my boss actually has no intention to employ Singaporeans since quota was open for him employ foreign staff. I was helping in recruiting, I knew Singaporeans will not get the job, I was puzzled why since the job open was foreigners, why were we wasting time interviewing Singaporeans whom will not get the jobs. I asked and recieved answer, first, why was Singaporean excluded? Singaporean, especially males who still need to go in-camp was first to be filtered out, my ex-boss said even though the GOV paid for the males salary during their in-camp, the GOV does not cover their business losses when the man was not around, so Singaporean were out. But the same question was not answered, since Singaporean males were out from his first list, why my boss still wanted to waste interview?

I got a rude shock from my ex-boss’s answer, he said the more Singaporean apply for a job not meant for them the better, thier CVs will not be wasted, in fact it was proofs MOM wanted to see that company had interviewed Singaporean but found them not suitable when company apply to Foreign premits to work here! My boss on the other hand had engaged employment agency to help them to recruit foreigners, the Singaporeans’ CV were just paper requirement for the company to justify that the have interviewed so many Singaporeans but none found suitable for the job but only the foreigner can. Singaporean were just the sucks in this game.

I am not sure how many companies are doing this but I know the one I worked before was doing this, I quited no too long after knowing this was the practise, the GOV has no way to control or manage such act once they open up and setup the policy to work this way.

As Singaporean, we are just the suckers made out by stupic PAP GOV policies and they always used statistics to justify their decision to open FT policy were correct but the question is that how many Singaporean was sacrificed in this process of justification to open FT floodgate? My ex-boss was the foreign born middle manager who only favour foreigners, Singaporean had little chance to join the company or pomoted in his care. What the PAP GOV driving us to? Doom…..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...recruiting-malaysians-for-jobs-in-sinagapore/

Even if Keppel advertised in Singapore,these does not mean they will employ Singaporeans. I used to work in a now listed company,my department boss who happened to be an Indo Chinese who became Singaporean was always checking with HR if quota is open for him to employ foreigners. He will put up normal recruitment advertisements as well as employment firms for help.

Many Singaporean applicants would apply with some foreigners too. Here was the problem, my boss actually has no intention to employ Singaporeans since quota was open for him employ foreign staff. I was helping in recruiting, I knew Singaporeans will not get the job, I was puzzled why since the job open was foreigners, why were we wasting time interviewing Singaporeans whom will not get the jobs. I asked and recieved answer, first, why was Singaporean excluded? Singaporean, especially males who still need to go in-camp was first to be filtered out, my ex-boss said even though the GOV paid for the males salary during their in-camp, the GOV does not cover their business losses when the man was not around, so Singaporean were out. But the same question was not answered, since Singaporean males were out from his first list, why my boss still wanted to waste interview?

I got a rude shock from my ex-boss’s answer, he said the more Singaporean apply for a job not meant for them the better, thier CVs will not be wasted, in fact it was proofs MOM wanted to see that company had interviewed Singaporean but found them not suitable when company apply to Foreign premits to work here! My boss on the other hand had engaged employment agency to help them to recruit foreigners, the Singaporeans’ CV were just paper requirement for the company to justify that the have interviewed so many Singaporeans but none found suitable for the job but only the foreigner can. Singaporean were just the sucks in this game.

I am not sure how many companies are doing this but I know the one I worked before was doing this, I quited no too long after knowing this was the practise, the GOV has no way to control or manage such act once they open up and setup the policy to work this way.

As Singaporean, we are just the suckers made out by stupic PAP GOV policies and they always used statistics to justify their decision to open FT policy were correct but the question is that how many Singaporean was sacrificed in this process of justification to open FT floodgate? My ex-boss was the foreign born middle manager who only favour foreigners, Singaporean had little chance to join the company or pomoted in his care. What the PAP GOV driving us to? Doom…..

All this is PAP wayang show. They only need to introduce one new law into parliament that says "No more than 10% of your workforce can be non-Singaporeans or you will be fined X thousands of dollars" and companies will be tripping over each other to hire sinkies.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am so sorry to say this but how come you did not fuck your boss? Say on the net for what? So we get angry? You did not even name the company and your ex boss. Fine, you want to stay quiet to even kanna sued.

But when you leave your company, did you expose your boss? As long as Singaporeans keep quiet to protect their own rice bowl, this shit will continue.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am so sorry to say this but how come you did not fuck your boss? Say on the net for what? So we get angry? You did not even name the company and your ex boss. Fine, you want to stay quiet to even kanna sued.

But when you leave your company, did you expose your boss? As long as Singaporeans keep quiet to protect their own rice bowl, this shit will continue.

Go tell it to that man then. (I am not the one who wrote this).
People are scared. I think that guy should go to The Reform Party and seek free legal advice on how to expose the company.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Using GLC linked companies to recruit foreigners make a fast track for these workers to become PR. Why is PAP so desperate to reduce Singaporeans and increase foreigners? Are we facing modern hitler in our backyard. I pity those of our men and soldiers stationed overseas to protect Afganishtan while PAP is attacking its citizens back home and diluted our defence systems. It is a very sad situation in Singapore indeed. Luckily election is going to be called soon and we must all stand up together to change the trend and reclaim our land from the hand of tyrants.