• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

50 Ah Nehs sign up to learn Mandarin

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
50 Indians sign up for Mandarin classes started by SICCI

The prospects of business opportunities have prompted some Indians to learn the Chinese language to gain that advantage over those who do not speak Mandarin.

Some 50 Indians have signed up for Mandarin classes started by the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

The classes are held twice a week, with each lesson lasting three hours.

The classes run for six months and cost about S$100.

Students learn to speak, read and listen in Mandarin and sit for a test at the end of the course.

Lessons have been popular since they began in April last year.

The students hope to speak Mandarin well enough to network and tap business opportunities in China.

They make it a point to put their new language skills to good use when they are with their Chinese-speaking friends.

Anyone want to learn ah neh language for business in India?

ksgd0717

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<Anyone want to learn ah neh language for business in India?>>

got long li and young li enough oredi.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>The students hope to speak Mandarin well enough to network and tap business opportunities in China.<<

I always find it funny that people wanna learn Mandarin to do business with people from China.

My recent interactions with China businessmen has brought out an interesting irony....they are learning English to do business. And they will feel offended if you speak to them in Mandarin, which kinda implies that they suck in English.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to learn tamil....the only ones I know is, "tankachi" "thambi" ..."por"..." ma pa let" ( son- in law)... ahh " Letchimi"...

and from the MRT..."one de ne, one de ne, one de ne"..i think it means "999"...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Class fee only $100 for 6 month. Who pay for the extra cost ?

It is already bad enough for Ah neh to speak English with an Indian accent...now we have Ah Neh Speaking Mandarin with a Chennai Accent...

gawd!... :biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to learn tamil....the only ones I know is, "tankachi" "thambi" ..."por"..." ma pa let" ( son- in law)... ahh " Letchimi"...

and from the MRT..."one de ne, one de ne, one de ne"..i think it means "999"...
me learn "nandri" @ mrt stations ... :biggrin:

last time, learn "vanakam" fr tv tamil news ... :biggrin:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are the Ah Nehs FTs? If so, a very short term measure to create demand for educational services to help the economy..... don't know who the teacher also...lanti is FT also.

If FTs, learn liao, use sinkie to spring board to go china, get biz, go back to their country. We pay now to get fark in future.

Donch play play ok, once I was standing behind a bangla at the ticket check-in counter in china. The chinese staff said "Zhe bangala.... (meaning "this bungala...."), the bungala felt insulted and corrected the staff in chinese "bu shi bungala, shi meng jia la". They very lau lan one.

And another indian national refuse to pay airport tax in china, he claim he got no money left and try to create a scene at the immigation. In the end, they let him thru..... damn low.

Last edited: