• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How come HDB launching new flats only...

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had sold my 4-room flat lately and want to buy a used 3-room flat from HDB but notice for past few months till now, HDB only launch all the new BTO flats.

Don't tell me they have sold out all the used flats. Does anyone know why suddenly they only launch new BTO flats whereby for past few years, they been selling the used flats..:mad:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows why???

where have you been? Everyone has been kaopehing about the shortage of flats in the market?

obviously HDB has sold all their flats. You can wait for re-possessed flats though. they will come now that the IRs are open.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to burst your bubble but all those unsold flats have already been taken up by the new citizens. U don't believe me just go to Jurong west and see for yourself :smile:

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
where have you been? Everyone has been kaopehing about the shortage of flats in the market?

obviously HDB has sold all their flats. You can wait for re-possessed flats though. they will come now that the IRs are open.

My problem is I've been busy surfing sam's kopitiam seeing people kbkp about the matter till I lost track of the sale of the used flats..

The last time they sold the used flat was sometime around oct or nov last year.

But why more re-possessed flats when IRs r open? You mean people play poker till they 'pok-guy' their flats?

Btw do hope there'll be re-possessed flats soon..cos did check with HDB, they'll only release such sale where they've accumulated enough of such used or balance flat. Thks..

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to burst your bubble but all those unsold flats have already been taken up by the new citizens. U don't believe me just go to Jurong west and see for yourself :smile:

Indeed very disheartened now cos the last time they launch the sale, notice the 3-rooms they sold in Boon Lay area were damn cheap as low as 120k which in open market now would be from 195k to 250k without cov. Some more these flats are remade one.

Btw, which Jurong West u refer to? The older one or the newer one around Jln Bahar and Jurong Point?

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
why you dun buy from the open market?

Like Jack Neo say..money not enough.

Been looking at 3-rooms. Those not so prime areas sell at least 250k and that's not all, mostly COV asking 20 to 30k.

With my cpf plus a loan of say 80k from bank, I can afford a 250k flat. But that's provided seller don't ask for cov or only ask for low cov like 5k or less.

Me now already over 40. Job wise can be retrenched anytime. Even not retrenched, will be HDB salve for another 20 to 30 years to service the loan from bank. Best is when retired, already no more cpf.

This is exactly what the gahment want and I don't want to step into their trap again after having purchased a HDB flat before..

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed very disheartened now cos the last time they launch the sale, notice the 3-rooms they sold in Boon Lay area were damn cheap as low as 120k which in open market now would be from 195k to 250k without cov. Some more these flats are remade one.

Btw, which Jurong West u refer to? The older one or the newer one around Jln Bahar and Jurong Point?

The older ones where the hall looks like a football field so big :smile:

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=50943
Please read this thread, than move to JB

Bro, I already read the thread earlier and I am damn aware of all the facts before reading the thread.

In fact, it all started when a spring chicker stall holder was telling me many years back that in SG, the gahment tie you down for life in sg with the HDB mortgage as long as 30 years (HDB loan).

By doing so, not only you got no time to protest but when you retire, you also got no more cpf liao. Want to migrate also no money liao.

This is why I'm now in the predicament. On one hand, I need a home badly. On the other, to do so I will be tied to the mortgage for another 20 to 30 years again which I would never in my life want it to happen again.

Unless I am gonna to settle with a very lousy type of flat condition or location whereby I may be able to get a flat at around 200k in open market for a 3-room.

Do think of going to JB. But there'll be many factors to think of if doing so.

Anyway thks for the link bro..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Bro, I already read the thread earlier and I am damn aware of all the facts before reading the thread.

In fact, it all started when a spring chicker stall holder was telling me many years back that in SG, the gahment tie you down for life in sg with the HDB mortgage as long as 30 years (HDB loan).

By doing so, not only you got no time to protest but when you retire, you also got no more cpf liao. Want to migrate also no money liao.

This is why I'm now in the predicament. On one hand, I need a home badly. On the other, to do so I will be tied to the mortgage for another 20 to 30 years again which I would never in my life want it to happen again.

Unless I am gonna to settle with a very lousy type of flat condition or location whereby I may be able to get a flat at around 200k in open market for a 3-room.

Anyway thks for the link bro..

Sinkies like u are why this country is so fucked up. Are u retarded or what? U already know this is a big con game. The HDB is asking you to prepay your rent with a large mortgage. They have had 40 plus years to refine the con and figure out new ways to make it air tight. U cannot win. Get it? U cannot avoid a large mortgage even for average type housing. The solution is go to JB. Its the only solution. U buy a property there, freehold landed property for $200K of less, and u don't have to worry about anything else like upgrades, conservancy fee, etc. Is there a problem, yes there is. Relocating there, commuting, etc. If u have any brains, u will be able to solve them. U want your cake and eat it? What a clown.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't expect things to improve in Spore. Expect electricity, water, gst prices to continue to go up & of course more crowded

Living in JB is leche if you need to commute to Spore, but cheaper & I don't think you're expected to return for reservist recalls.

Do factor in the long term cost savings of living in M'ysia. When your old its going to be tough in Spore.