• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Li shengwu's mother to join AXA as directors

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is such a waste that she did not join the PAP, anyway cannot blame her for wanting to get a higher pay then getting the pathetic 2 million dollars as a Minister..
PAP should increase the salary of our minister to attract such talent to serve the country

ln-sg-suet.jpg

WELL-KNOWN corporate lawyer Lee Suet Fern will be joining the board of insurance giant AXA, one of a handful of Singaporeans to have made it to a global boardroom.

She has been proposed as one of 11 independent non-executive directors on the 15-strong board.

Mrs Lee is the senior director of Stamford Law Corporation (Singapore). She chairs the Asian Civilisations Museum Board and is also a member of the Advisory Board to the Law School at the Singapore Management University.

Another corporate personality to have made it to the board of a Fortune 500 company is Ms Euleen Goh, the former CEO of Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore.

Ms Goh is an independent non-executive director of another insurer Aviva.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Practice
Lee Suet Fern’s practice focuses on mergers
and acquisitions, equity and debt capital
markets and corporate nance. Suet Fern
has been involved in many of Singapore’s
most signicant corporate transactions and
has been named a leading practitioner in
Suet Fern is President-Elect of the Inter-Pacic Bar Association and has been a council
member of the International Bar Association. She is a member of the National Heritage
Board, chairing the National Heritage Fund Management Committee, a member of the
Advisory Board to the Law School at Singapore Management University, a trustee for
Nanyang Technological University and a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Directors.
She also serves on the boards of several public listed companies.

LEE SUET FERN
Senior Director
Bar Admissions
- Barrister-at-Law, Gray’s Inn, London, 1981
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore, 1982
Education
- Cambridge University, MA (Law), double rst, 1980

numerous professional publications, including Chambers Global
Guide to the World’s leading Lawyers, Asia Law Leading Lawyers,
The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers and Corporate
Governance Lawyers, The International Who’s Who of Banking
Lawyers, PLC Which Lawyer?, Euromoney World’s Leading M&A
Lawyers, Euromoney World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers,
PLC Cross-Border’s Equity Capital Markets and The International
Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers. She was awarded the
inaugural Asian Legal Business Life Time Achievement Award and
has also been featured in the book 100 Inspiring Raesians.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
girls with this kind of eyebrow damn scary. i wonder why they want to shave off the natural beautiful eyebrow then draw one like that

anyway just my stupid opinion. these things don't matter except for those who sell eyebrow ink and brush

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amazing!

Was she still on the IBA Council when they issued their report on Singapore's Human Rights situation? If so, amazing discord within the first family!

http://www.ibanet.org/Article/Detail.aspx?ArticleUid=0081C460-4B39-4ACB-BB40-8303FCEFDB31

See 01/07/2008
IBAHRI expresses concern about human rights and the independence of the judiciary in Singapore
In a report released today, the International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute (IBAHRI) expressed concern about limitations on the freedoms of expression, assembly, and the press, and of the independence of the judiciary in Singapore. The report, Prosperity versus individual rights? Human rights, democracy and the rule of law in Singapore, makes 18 recommendations (pages 67-68), which the IBAHRI urges the Singapore Government to implement as a matter of priority.

‘As one of the world’s most successful economies, Singapore should be a leader in human rights and the rule of law, and should now have the confidence and maturity to recognise that this would be complementary, not contradictory, to its future prosperity,’ said Mark Ellis, Executive Director of the International Bar Association (IBA). ‘The IBAHRI has identified a number of areas in which Singapore falls far short of international standards. In particular, democratic debate and media comment are extremely restricted and government officials have initiated numerous successful defamation suits against both political and media critics.’

The IBAHRI report examines Singapore’s record on a range of human rights issues identified by the IBAHRI as a priority. This includes freedom of expression (for example, the use of defamation legislation to hinder opposition activities, and restrictions on freedom of the press and the internet), the independence of the judiciary (there have been allegations of executive influence), and freedom of assembly.

Investigations for the report began in the lead-up to the IBA’s 2007 Annual Conference in Singapore. Strong debate between the government and its critics took place during the IBA’s inaugural Rule of Law Day; an open public forum on human rights which was the first such discussion at an international conference in Singapore.

Emilio Cárdenas, Co-Chair of the IBAHRI, stated: ‘The IBAHRI has conducted a very extensive review in preparing this report, and has sought the views of all the major stakeholders concerned, including the Singapore Government and the Singapore Law Society. The report is unprecedented in its efforts to understand, respond to, and reflect the views of all sides to the debate.’

Download the full report: Prosperity versus individual rights? Human rights, democracy and the rule of law in Singapore.

For further information please contact:

Romana St Matthew - Daniel
Press Office
International Bar Association
10th Floor
1 Stephen Street
London W1T 1AT
United Kingdom

Tel: + 44 (0)20 7691 6868
Fax: + 44 (0)20 7691 6544
E-mail: [email protected]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The idea is get access to GIC and Temasek (albeit singapore funds) for their funds especially when in a crisis. This women has never made a landmark case in legal circles so why would AXA want her on the board. There thousand of highly capable people and experienced people around the world, so why pick her.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
The idea is get access to GIC and Temasek (albeit singapore funds) for their funds especially when in a crisis. This women has never made a landmark case in legal circles so why would AXA want her on the board. There thousand of highly capable people and experienced people around the world, so why pick her.

Don't just look at her credentials. Look a bit further and behind her back.

Those names behind her is probably stronger than her credential.

Does HC rings a similar bell ?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. aiyoh! the high eye brow woman should be the snr special advisor to ah jinx mah!
2. all happy, all-in-one-familee.
3. two very very "capable" women.

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
just one thing I'm interested in: that the headline of an article I read regarding this story was: "Suet Fern joins AXA board". http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_493297.html

Why use her given name instead of her full name Lee Suet Fern? I don't see this name format used anywhere else except in ST headlines that refer to PAP ministers or MPs, presumably to make them seem more personal. e.g. "Boon Heng", "Hng Kiang", "Vivian". Does the similar use of "Suet Fern" suggest something, or am I reading too much into it?

ozeman

Alfrescian
Loyal

you are right! it is called quanxi. the anglophile lky is indeed a chinaman after all!

S

sodoMee

girls with this kind of eyebrow damn scary. i wonder why they want to shave off the natural beautiful eyebrow then draw one like that

anyway just my stupid opinion. these things don't matter except for those who sell eyebrow ink and brush

Seems like many career women with failed relationships have this kind of eyebrows... I tot we have many who claimed they are pyscho experts here?

Why no response from them yet?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"MEMBER"

Has

ITS

PRIVILEGES

Why need landmark cases...

S

sodoMee

Asian values of you scratch my back I scratch yours?

S

sodoMee

just one thing I'm interested in: that the headline of an article I read regarding this story was: "Suet Fern joins AXA board". http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_493297.html

Why use her given name instead of her full name Lee Suet Fern? I don't see this name format used anywhere else except in ST headlines that refer to PAP ministers or MPs, presumably to make them seem more personal. e.g. "Boon Heng", "Hng Kiang", "Vivian". Does the similar use of "Suet Fern" suggest something, or am I reading too much into it?

nepotism doesn't exist in sgp ok! It is all marriedtocracy!!

Slander again I sue you for defamation until you lat khor like jbj and csj!!