• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

“Vote PAP out” Facebook garnered more than 3,000 members with strong support from you

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...-with-strong-support-from-young-singaporeans/

Written by Our Correspondent

The “Vote PAP out” Facebook has garnered more than 3,000 members in less than two months with many young Singaporeans joining the group to voice their displeasure against Singapore’s ruling party.

Set up in late December last year by a vocal online critic of the PAP, Mr Alex Tan to “counter” the propaganda from the state media, the group has seen new members joining at an estimated rate of 300 a week.

It has since exceeded the membership of both the YPAP Facebook Network and YP Facebook.

A quick glance at the members reveal that most of them lie between the age group of 18 to 30 and are not members of any opposition parties.

All were united by a common disdain for the ruling party and are vehemently against their continued political hegemony in Singapore.

Such a Facebook would be unimaginable a few years ago, a sign that young Singaporeans are becoming politically more aware, educated and astute and they are not likely to accept blindly whatever propaganda the mainstream media churns out.

While the already pervasive “anti-establishment” sentiments are gathering momentum in cyberspace, the PAP appears clueless as to how to crawl back lost support among the post-1965 generation.

Its attempts to do so via the YPAP and a forgettable P65 blog have backfired miserably.

The YPAP was embroiled in a series of controversies lately most notably a police report made by a member Eric How against a non-existent Facebook impersonation on “advice” of YPAP Chairman Teo Ser Luck.

YPAP members have since stopped posting comments on their Facebook after they were grilled by netizens for making a mountain out of a molehill by involving the police.

The PAP should not dismiss the trends in cyberspace as another example of “youthful indiscretion.”

Young Singaporeans will be the kingmakers of the next general election, emulating the examples of their counterparts in Malaysia, Japan and U.S.A.

A small group of highly motivated and passionate voters among a larger group of apathetic and passive voters can easily sway the votes.

For example, if each of the 3,000 Singaporeans on Alex Tan’s Facebook were to persuade 10 of their relatives and friends to vote against the PAP, they will have a ready pool of 30,000 opposition votes which are more than sufficient to tilt the balance in closely fought contests.

The PAP’s bland propaganda is wearing thin with each passing day as more and more young Singaporeans step forward to reclaim their nation.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: “Vote PAP out” Facebook garnered more than 3,000 members with strong support from

Credit must also go to Kojak and the chaps from 3 in 1 Kopitiam for the repeated assault which has proven effective.

Not to mention the own goals by the following characters
1) Sear Hock Rong
2) Eric How
3) Genesis Shen
4) Tan Boon Huat of People's Association
5) Teo Ser Luck

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: “Vote PAP out” Facebook garnered more than 3,000 members with strong support from

Singapore will be in disastrous state if the great PAP is being taking over by the disorganized and uncapable oppositions. Luckily our people in Singapore are smart enough to vote for our great PAP, 3 cheers :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore will be in disastrous state if the great PAP is being taking over by the disorganized and uncapable oppositions. Luckily our people in Singapore are smart enough to vote for our great PAP, 3 cheers :smile:

Its very obvious to many unemployed citizens, poor retirees unable to touch their CPF, sick citizens who can't afford decent healthcare, citizen toilet cleaners, dishwasher,.... that its time to replace the familee.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think if they set up a "RETURN MY CPF MONEY" facebook group will be more successful

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

You still haven't respond to my post below.
It is really bad of you to disguise yourself as a PAP supporter to tarnish's PAP's image.

Not that I like PAP's polices but what you are doing is very evil.

If you never rebut me means it is true lah!!
You mean to say PAP USED THE RESERVES CONTRIBUTED BY THE SINGAPOREAN CITIZEN TO SUBSIDIZE THE PRs WHO STOLE SINGAPOREANS JOB!!!

You are not PAP supporter!! You are opposition supporter!!
Thanks for your postings brother!!!

3 CHEERS FOR OPPOSITION HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why did you call me an Asshole when you call yourself Asshole in your nick?

Good question, asshole son..... my nick is to ass royston cheng whenever I login to ass asshole who talk cock like him. Understand now........:biggrin::biggrin:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good question, asshole son..... my nick is to ass royston cheng whenever I login to ass asshole who talk cock like him. Understand now........:biggrin::biggrin:

OIC, so you are a gay! Sorry I am not gay, go find another gay. :smile:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Screw the ruling party for inviting

TONs and TONs of FTs to suppress our PAY !

Later laugh at us say Singaporeans are choosy !

Screw them for making us look like fools .

Last edited: