• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thank you Casey Lin for speaking up the truth! I wish more employer will speak up

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Casey you will be hurled with vulgarity, curse in this forum, but be not afraid, in reality and ground many Singaporean agree with you, glad you did not read the distorted public sentiments in any forums or blogs..3 cheers for you

Reality check on foreign talent

Crucial to survival of this company...

THE negative view of foreign talent misses a truism for employers like me which is this:

Singaporeans may have achieved academic meritocracy but professional meritocracy needs a drastic lift.

The foreign staff in my company have contributed invaluable insights into the way we operate.

Previously and for years, when my company's workforce was almost wholly local, we were bereft of such fresh and productive insights.

Foreign staff have improved my company's productivity and added to the wealth of our collective knowledge. Hiring locals can lead to a false sense of professional growth.

For instance, when we had a staff crunch because of stringent quotas on foreign workers, we had to keep the local staff who were prima donnas or largely unproductive.

We gave them pay rises because we could not afford to lose them.

But the salary increases only served to give the less deserving local employees an inflated sense of their professional worth.

It is hard to compete now because the lack of sufficient labour has increased our business costs which is in turn, threatening to price us out of our market.

Foreign employees not only help keep our labour costs competitive, they provide a much-needed reality check on the sense and value of our professionalism.

Casey Lin

Last edited:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

THE negative view of foreign talent misses a truism for employers like me which is this:
Singaporeans may have achieved academic meritocracy but professional meritocracy needs a drastic lift.
The foreign staff in my company have contributed invaluable insights into the way we operate.
Previously and for years, when my company's workforce was almost wholly local, we were bereft of such fresh and productive insights.
Foreign staff have improved my company's productivity and added to the wealth of our collective knowledge. Hiring locals can lead to a false sense of professional growth.

For instance, when we had a staff crunch because of stringent quotas on foreign workers, we had to keep the local staff who were prima donnas or largely unproductive.
But the salary increases only served to give the less deserving local employees an inflated sense of their professional worth.

It is hard to compete now because the lack of sufficient labour has increased our business costs which is in turn, threatening to price us out of our market.
Foreign employees not only help keep our labour costs competitive, they provide a much-needed reality check on the sense and value of our professionalism.
Casey Lin

Dear Casey,

This argument is highly flawed.
1) What is the industry of the Company in which the foreign staff in her company have contributed invaluable insights into the way they operate?

2) Has she given examples in which the foreign staff contributed invaluable insights into the way she operate?

3) Has she given examples in which foreign staff have improved my company's productivity and added to the wealth of their collective knowledge?

4) In what way do hiring locals can lead to a false sense of professional growth?

5) Have she stated examples in which the local staff were largely unproductive?

6) Who in the world would be stupid enough to keep unproductive workers and gave them pay rises because they could not afford to lose them? NO EMPLOYEE IS INDISPENSABLE.

7) Again what industry she is in that there is a lack of sufficient labour?? Again let me reinterate, those jobs that Singaporean don’t want (such as clear rubbish in the early morning), please let the Ah Neh do and what we are talking about is we want to bring PRs/Foreigners out of competing with jobs that Singaporeans want to do.

8) We don’t need TOO MANY WORKERS at an amount that is causing Singaporean’s jobs.

9) Tell me which first class country’s Gov’t will say that we need Foreign employees to provide a much-needed reality check on the sense and value of our professionalism especially when they are competing with us on an unfair terms (e.g. NO NS, NO FAMILY IN SINGAPORE TO SUPPORT)

DON'T JUST TALK WITHOUT PROVIDING EVIDENCES GIVE EXAMPLES TO SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS!!!!!!!. :oIo:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this is the case, ALL SINkingporeans must stop working, because they are spoilt brats, all companies must employ FT..for it will help to give value added , expertise, increase productivity, cheap, saves cost, work harder, work better..last longer...

Once again bash SINkingporeans....why? casey might as well get her company to move out of here...and go CHINA or INDIA...if doing buisness is so bad here?

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
if this is the case, all sinkingporeans must stop working, because they are spoilt brats, all companies must employ ft..for it will help to give value added , expertise, increase productivity, cheap, saves cost, work harder, work better..last longer...

Once again bash sinkingporeans....why? Casey might as well get her company to move out of here...and go china or india...if doing buisness is so bad here?

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My question is...why is even Casey as a Sinkie working in that company in first place? She should replace herself with a Foreign Trash. That way the company will have EVEN BETTER IDEAS!

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing for sure...

One FT will recommend or introduce another FT to join the company...this is one of the unfair practice by some FT...

Casey you will be hurled with vulgarity, curse in this forum, but be not afraid, in reality and ground many Singaporean agree with you, glad you did not read the distorted public sentiments in any forums or blogs..3 cheers for you

Casey Lin

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
29cwikp.gif

:o :( :o

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
We the poor destitute and struggling employees face the said "reality" everyday of our lives.

How to gauge if a boss is just bullshitting? easy. If the boss drive a swanky luxurious car (ie jaguar, audi) while most of their staff can only afford to take public transport you know the fucker is talking out of their ass trying to hookwink the pheasants.

If the boss drive a lau pok car, make sure he's not hiding the swanky car at home.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
are singaporeans less productive? in what way does casey find the staff productivity low? you listen to government to employ FT but you never learn from government must pay a decent salary to keep the good people in (see we have the highest paid ministers in the world), did you pay the highest salary in the world to ensure good productivity from the singaporeans?

you want good productivity and don't want to pay well?

also what do you mean the productivity of singaporeans is low? you as an employer, you don't bloody improve your productivity by motivating the singaporeans the right way. Kan

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
are singaporeans less productive? in what way does casey find the staff productivity low? you listen to government to employ FT but you never learn from government must pay a decent salary to keep the good people in (see we have the highest paid ministers in the world), did you pay the highest salary in the world to ensure good productivity from the singaporeans?

you want good productivity and don't want to pay well?

also what do you mean the productivity of singaporeans is low? you as an employer, you don't bloody improve your productivity by motivating the singaporeans the right way. Kan

http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/2159-who-are-the-10-best-paid-politicians-in-the-world

The Time's Top Ten Political Leaders in the World:

1. Lee Hsien Loong (Singapore)
Salary in dollars - $2.47 million
Salary in local currency - S$3.76 million

2. Donald Tsang Yum-Kuen (Hong Kong)
Salary in dollars - $516,000
Salary in local currency - HK$4 million

3. Barack Obama (United States)
Salary in dollars - $400,000

4. Brian Cowen (Ireland)
Salary in dollars - $341,000
Salary in local currency - €257,000

5. Nicolas Sarkozy (France)
Salary in dollars - $318,000
Salary in local currency - €240,000

6. Angela Merkel (Germany)
Salary in dollars - $303,000
Salary in local currency - €228,000

7. Gordon Brown (UK)
Salary in dollars - $279,000
Salary in local currency - £194,250

8. Stephen Harper (Canada)
Salary in dollars - $246,000
Salary in local currency - C$311,000

9. Taro Aso (Japan)
Salary in dollars - $243,000
Salary in local currency - Y24 million

10. Kevin Rudd (Australia)
Salary in dollars - $229,000
Salary in local currency - A$330,000

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/2159-who-are-the-10-best-paid-politicians-in-the-world

The Time's Top Ten Political Leaders in the World:

1. Lee Hsien Loong (Singapore)
Salary in dollars - $2.47 million
Salary in local currency - S$3.76 million

2. Donald Tsang Yum-Kuen (Hong Kong)
Salary in dollars - $516,000
Salary in local currency - HK$4 million

3. Barack Obama (United States)
Salary in dollars - $400,000

4. Brian Cowen (Ireland)
Salary in dollars - $341,000
Salary in local currency - €257,000

5. Nicolas Sarkozy (France)
Salary in dollars - $318,000
Salary in local currency - €240,000

6. Angela Merkel (Germany)
Salary in dollars - $303,000
Salary in local currency - €228,000

7. Gordon Brown (UK)
Salary in dollars - $279,000
Salary in local currency - £194,250

8. Stephen Harper (Canada)
Salary in dollars - $246,000
Salary in local currency - C$311,000

9. Taro Aso (Japan)
Salary in dollars - $243,000
Salary in local currency - Y24 million

10. Kevin Rudd (Australia)
Salary in dollars - $229,000
Salary in local currency - A$330,000

IamTalking,

i think this list is not accurate, it should be instead Top 10 highest paid head of state.

the Top 10 highest paid political leaders are all in SG.....

U

UpYoz_olo

If this is the case, ALL SINkingporeans must stop working, because they are spoilt brats, all companies must employ FT..for it will help to give value added , expertise, increase productivity, cheap, saves cost, work harder, work better..last longer...

Once again bash SINkingporeans....why? casey might as well get her company to move out of here...and go CHINA or INDIA...if doing buisness is so bad here?

The truth will be out soon. Why be impatient? Goa didn't disappear overnight, but disappear it did - this is from non other than MM Lee's mouth no less! More spurs need to be stuck onto Sgreans hide - ala MM Lee.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The truth will be out soon. Why be impatient? Goa didn't disappear overnight, but disappear it did - this is from non other than MM Lee's mouth no less! More spurs need to be stuck onto Sgreans hide - ala MM Lee.

Hi doggy, now that you've been assed by me, besides whining what are you going to do about it? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys.. firs of all, Casey is a guy's name.

Now. As a hiring manager who has both local and foreigner staff, I must say the if the situation is indeed as pathetic as Casey puts it, I blame him for failing his company as a people manager.

My staff works equally hard but foreigner staff (with the exceptions of Malaysians) however, cannot compete with my local team in terms of quality of work.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
My question is...why is even Casey as a Sinkie working in that company in first place? She should replace herself with a Foreign Trash. That way the company will have EVEN BETTER IDEAS!

ya, and replace all employee to ft, and see who buy their product and contribute to the econ for this shit place..

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

jiby kia ron, knn u fucking pap dog, knn give u a buakaw kick to ur bloody dog head must be very shiok!:oIo:

U

UpYoz_olo

Hi doggy, now that you've been assed by me, besides whining what are you going to do about it? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Kan nin lau bu eh pauh chee bye! bye bye.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo: