• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mark Lee admits that most of his workers at Old Town White Coffee are from mainland C

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
phpOocup7.jpg

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/02/03/mark-lee-admits-that-most-of-his-workers-at-old-town-white-coffee-are-from-mainland-china/
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/02/03/mark-lee-admits-that-most-of-his-workers-at-old-town-white-coffee-are-from-mainland-china/

Mark Lee admits that most of his workers at Old Town White Coffee are from mainland China

February 3, 2010 by admin

Singapore’s famous comedian Mark Lee who has opened five Old Town White Coffee outlets in Singapore has admitted to a Chinese news portal xin.sg that most of the company’s staff are mainland Chinese.

It was reported by xin.sg that as most of their workers are from China, the company decided that it would be most convenient for them to receive their bonuses in cash.

Mark Lee is contemplating buying a cash counting machine to pay his China workers in cash:

“That is why we are going to buy a cash counting machine this year. I’m not being proud by saying this – otherwise, we really can’t count the cash!”

[Xin.sg, 27 January 2010]

He did not reveal why his company preferred to employ mainland Chinese over Singaporeans.

One likely reason is the lower cost of PRC workers. According to an insider from the F&B industry, a PRC service staff usually cost between $600 – $800 monthly.

As Malaysians are demanding higher wages now, many are switching to the “cheaper” PRC workers.

Few Singaporean will be keen to take up jobs at such low wages which are hardly enough to survive in Singapore.

There is no minimum wage in Singapore. Employers have the complete autonomy to set the wages as they see fit and with the easy availability of cheap foreign labor, they have few incentives to employ Singaporeans who cost more.

For a China worker, $600 translates to about RMB$2,900 which is far higher than what they can earn doing the same job back home.

Stung by rising anger on the ground as its ill-conceived pro-foreigner labor policies, the ruling party is now trying to claw back lost support by promising to reduce Singapore’s reliance on foreign workers.

Based on feedback we obtain from readers, companies are still employing foreigners with some posting discriminatory job ads to scour for foreign workers of selected nationality.

Since the ruling party is unwilling to do more to help Singaporeans from the lower-income group who are being squeezed out of their livelihoods by the relentless influx of cheap foreign labor, Singaporeans will have to help them ourselves.

Last edited:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Mark Lee admits that most of his workers at Old Town White Coffee are from mainla

phpGhsix3.jpg

phpdN0je3.jpg

He Mark Lee is openly inviting Singaporeans to boycott them !

The Patriot on Wed, 3rd Feb 2010 10:32 am

Boycott Old Town White Coffee.

We Singaporeans serve NS to provide security for companies and businesses to prosper here but in return they betray us by employing foreigners.

In the end, the offsprings of the native Singaporeans will fall behind because their parents just could not find jobs and earn enough to bring them up properly.

When Singapore finally collapses, the people who have enrich themselves by exploiting and betraying the native Singaporeans will be able to emigrate, thereby leaving all the poor native Singaporeans to fend for themselves.

http://www.oldtown.com.my/
phpo6Fzun.jpg

php7dOEFT.jpg

Last edited:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Mark Lee admits that most of his workers at Old Town White Coffee are from mainla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Town_White_Coffee

Branches
[edit]
Kedah
Kanchut, Alor Setar
Taman Gunung Indah, Alor Setar
Central Square, Sungai Petani
Lagenda Height, Sungai Petani
[edit]
Penang
Autocity, Juru
Bagan Jermal, Butterworth
Bayan Baru, Penang
E-Gate, Penang
Maju Utama, Bukit Mertajam
Prai Megamall, Prai
New World Park, Penang
Queensbay Mall, Penang
Raja Uda, Penang
Sunway Carnivall, Seberang Jaya
AEON Seberang Perai City
[edit]
Perak
Greentown, Ipoh
Ipoh Jaya, Ipoh
Ipoh Padang, Ipoh
Ipoh Garden Plaza, Ipoh
Taiping Sentral, Taiping
Manjung Point 3, Seri Manjung
Teluk Intan
[edit]
Pahang
Genting Highlands
Kuantan
Kuantan 2, Kuantan
Mentakab
Temerloh
[edit]
Selangor
3 Two Square, Petaling Jaya
8 Avenue PJ State, Petaling Jaya
Aman Suria, Petaling Jaya
Plaza Masalam, Section 9, Shah Alam
Klang Parade, Klang
Kota Damansara
One Utama, Bandar Utama
Cyberjaya
Subang Jaya
BU8, Bandar Utama
Sri Acappella Serviced Apartment, Section 13, Shah Alam
[edit]
Kuala Lumpur
Central Market, Kuala Lumpur
Cheras
Setapak
Sri Petaling
Desa Sri Hartamas
Taman Maluri
Berjaya Times Square
[edit]
Negeri Sembilan
Seremban 2
[edit]
Melaka
Pahlawan Mall, Melaka
[edit]
Johor

Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru City Square
AEON Tebrau City Shopping Centre
AEON Bukit Indah Shopping Centre
Tesco Masai
Jusco Permas Jaya
Jusco Taman Universiti
Giant Plentong
Taman Sentosa
Taman Molek
Nusa Bestari
Taman Gaya

Batu Pahat
Batu Pahat Mall
Carrefour
Taman Benang

Kluang
Haji Manan
[edit]
Sabah
1-Borneo, Kota Kinabalu
City Mall, Kota Kinabalu
[edit]
Sarawak
Kuching International Airport, Kuching
[edit]
Overseas branches
[edit]
Singapore
Big Splash
Bukit Timah
Toa Payoh
Jurong Point

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal

Watchman

I am with you, Old Town White Coffee, you just lost another customer.

Mark, you traitor. Hope a FT replace you soon.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Watchman

I am with you, Old Town White Coffee, you just lost another customer.

Mark, you traitor. Hope a FT replace you soon.

Thanks hitower. Some comments from Temasek Review Website.

someone sad for singapore on Wed, 3rd Feb 2010 11:12 am
If we Singaporeans don’t even want to employ our own, we Singaporeans will have no future.
That’s it, I am going to add Old Town to my list of boycotts.
I don’t want to see more businesses doing the same, ultimately it is us Singaporeans that are displaced from these jobs, and that it is us Singaporeans that will suffer in the end.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mark Lee is from Mediacorpse, a charity organisation in Singapore. Mediacorpse cannot earn enough to pay its own bills but it has the audacity to use state funds, from taxpayers, to pay its employees like Mark Lee, who otherwise, very likely, wouldn't be able to afford to pay for his facial cleansing.

For many years, Mediacorpse has not been able to be viable without handouts from the government through taxpayers' monies.

Mark Lee is a 21st century Singaoprean hero who is able to live on welfare and at the same time build up a business to enrich himself and at the same time hire mostly foreigners.

Mark Lee was born ugly and has sufficient marks on his face, enough to run across the most intricate global map that the PAPlawyers and doctors can find. Mark Lee is Singapore's 21st century hero.

HE FUGLY!:oIo:

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal

i boycott as well. never liked him,damn yaya papaya.

but seemed like he got other biz as well....must boycott his shop ,let him bankrupt then maybe he will learn to be humble.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a glaring proof that our government is not looking after us. In the quest in keeping costs down & maximizing profits, we have allowed 'scarface' LEE to employ 99.9% China workers.

We are benifiting the economy of another country, while our own people, finds it increasingly hard to be employable.

We need an EMPLOY sinGAPOREANS first policy, and a minimum wage guideline, that is equitable to the employer & employee.

If I were 'scarface' LEE, I shut my mouth & decline to grant interviews...take a leaf from NG TENG FONG...bluddy... what we say "teochew hao lian"...

Whenever possible BOYCOTT his eateries! in SINkingpore!, since he is SINkingporeans..he doesn't employ any of his own kind!!:mad:

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bring in PRC lower cost max profit, end of the day who suffer Singaporean itself, the rich getting richer, hope one day this AH BENG will get his his turn framing shit head

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

tink ah mark is juz a franchisee in sg ...

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

i boycott as well.

I agree.

I will boycott this OLD TOWN WHITE COFFEE

Anyways, I am not so rich to drink expensive coffee already, I rather make coffee at my home.

Okay, let's go all out to boycott OLD TOWN WHITE COFFEE...

DRINK HOME MADE COFFEE, made by TRUE SINGAPOREANS... KOPI / KOPI O!

EAT HOME MADE KAYA & GU YOU & TOAST BREAD at home!

EAT CHIAK CHIAK (Half Boiled Eggs) + Pepper & Soy Sauce at home!

or maybe just go to your nearby Kopitiam, and hope that it's not run by PRC as well...

Because if it is, we don't have to eat anything in Kopitiam already...

Because I just read that we have 35% FTs in SGP's working force...

And If I am not mistaken, you can find PRC employee almost anywhere...

I pray that when I do this boycott, I don't see a Kopitiam employing PRC, because if they do, I will starve to death....:cool:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

“That is why we are going to buy a cash counting machine this year. I’m not being proud by saying this – otherwise, we really can’t count the cash!”

Fucking Hao Lian Bah.

To cause envy is an idiot...

To speak without thought is an idiot...

anyways, maybe next time he and jack neo will make a new movie call, money more than enough in SGP... :oIo:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Enough said! SINGAPOREANS UNITE! BOYCOTT OLD TOWN WHITE COFFEE!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES!!!

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gonna boycott oldtown white kopi...
Mark...ish disapppointing.

:o :( :o

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hello hello, this is not monopoly business. he has to compete with other similar business, if other business hire china FT and he does not. over time his business will go bust.

so you cannot blame him, you can blame the gov, why did they allow these people to work here and earn 800 dollars per month, a non living wages for singaporean.

this drive the wages down and bring thousands of singapore family in financial trouble.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

hello hello, this is not monopoly business. he has to compete with other similar business, if other business hire china FT and he does not. over time his business will go bust.

so you cannot blame him, you can blame the gov, why did they allow these people to work here and earn 800 dollars per month, a non living wages for singaporean.

this drive the wages down and bring thousands of singapore family in financial trouble.

I blame the Gov't and the pimple faced man!
SINGAPOREANS UNITE! BOYCOTT OLD TOWN WHITE COFFEE!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES!!!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

Support BOYCOTT this traitor.

Also boycott all his endorsements INCLUDING ResortsWorld

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I support OLD TOWN WHITE COFFEE

More Chinese will make Singapore grow and connected to the World's fastest growing economy!

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

SUPPORT OLD TOWN WHITE COFFEE

Support more PRC,these people will energise Singaporean to work harder!These PRC will push us higher one level!Singaporean are getting darker bec of the Tropics Sun ,PRC will make our enviroment look fairer in colours bec of their lighter and shining skins!