• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No Money, No HDB, No Honey, No Marry, No Kids...

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
No money? No marry
Local men, listen up. According to a survey conducted by the Shin Min Daily News, women in Singapore require that their prospective partners earn a minimum of $4,000 to $5,000, before they will consider marrying them.

Local TV artiste and compere Quan Yifeng discussed this issue on a talkshow programme recently. The topic was about "How much should a Singaporean man earn" and how much is enough?

The three female guests invited to speak on the talkshow agreed that a good amount would be between $4,000 to $5,000. A shocked Quan Yifeng quipped: "No wonder Singaporean men can't get wives."

A local netizen posted this topic in an online forum in May. Till today, the topic has raged on, with many forummers posting their comments and opinions. The thread has accumulated more than 200 responses so far.

Regarding the minimum that a man should earn, a reporter from the Chinese daily posed this question to 20 men and women. Most of them said that having a salary that is good enough to sustain your lifestyle would be sufficient. However, most agreed that $4,000 to $5,000 is a "reasonable amount" if one is thinking of setting up a family.

Without that minimum amount, they reason, it would be difficult for a man to support his wife, let alone think about having children and allowing them to grow up in a comfortable environment.

The men say: "I would say the same too"
>> Mr Su Jun Long, 27, an accountant, earns $2,400 per month. He says: "I am not worried about not finding a wife, especially not a materialistic one. Actually, it is not important how much I earn, but more of how much I spend. However, when I am thirty-plus, I would also hope I am able to earn a minimum of $3,000 and above."

>> Mr Zhang Yi Zheng, 26, an auditor, earns $2,100 per month. He says: "$4,000 to $5,000 is a reasonable amount to expect. But at my age, it is normal to earn only $2000 plus. My girlfriend earns about the same amount as I do."

>> Mr Huang, 30, an IT personnel who earns $2,500 per month, says: "Contentment is key. Money is a factor, but it should not be the main consideration. Having a low income would be a problem too, so a salary of $4,000 to $5,000 is not too much to ask."

The women say: "It is just enough to support a family"
>> Ms Shen Yu Tai, 27, a bank officer, says: "Actually, $2,000 is enough. But it is understandable that women would require their husbands to earn $4,000 to $5,000. After all, we all want to be able to live a comfortable life. That amount is required to start a family as well."

>> Ms Pan, 27, a writer, says: "It is not important how much he earns, but he must be good at saving. The salary ranges for industries differ, so there shouldn't be a specific requirement, as long as he earns above $2,500.

>> Ms Tan, 30, a customer service officer, says: "Realistically, an income of $4,000 to $5,000 should be expected. Generally, as long as you have a degree, and have worked for a few years, you should be able to draw that amount."

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
honest speaking, this is cold hard facts.

altho it might feel sad but 4-5k per mth, it does benefit you and your future partner/family. u also cant bear to see them suffer rite?

money makes the world go round, it makes a person. you cant run away or hide from it.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD