• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong Kong McDonald’s sells pig toy missing from S’pore set

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
hong_kong_mcdonalds_sells_pig_toy_missing_from_spore_set-thumbnail.jpg

The pig Doraemon that is missing from the Singapore McDonald’s set is being sold in Hong Kong and STOMPers sent in these pictures of the advertisements.

They wondered why is it not being sold in Singapore, even though the full set is readily available there.

STOMPer xiaocong87 wrote in an email to STOMP today (Jan 21):

“In Hong Kong, they are selling the pig Doraemon, while in Singapore, it is not being sold. Can we have a good explanation?”

STOMPer mod jr wrote: “There is a total of 13 toys, including the pig, Valentine, tote bag and Doraemon Ang Bao packets.

“This is the full set of the zodiac collectibles from another country’s McDonald’s website.”

dorae-data.jpg

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
NB the pig one quite cute wor. Sinkapore everything also lose to other countries.

No televised World Cup in Sinkapore, but North Korea got.

No pig McDonald toy in Sinkapore, but HK got.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If i am not wrong, HK is in the top 20 prosperity index, muxh higher than SG.

BTW i am meeting a Hong kong fren soon and i will bring this topic up. It is an honour to meet someone who has a higher capability and foresight in money earning.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NB the pig one quite cute wor. Sinkapore everything also lose to other countries.

No televised World Cup in Sinkapore, but North Korea got.

No pig McDonald toy in Sinkapore, but HK got.

Ahhhh.. Thailand got world cup WAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!

why ah why ah?????

Because Thai people got balls to deal with their govt.:cool:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HK investors in DBS lehman investment bank got their money back while sinkies investors get their arse kick by PAP and their life saving gone. While the bankers who misled them to getting the bonds have massive bonus.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
“In Hong Kong, they are selling the pig Doraemon, while in Singapore, it is not being sold. Can we have a good explanation?”

You guys obviously can't understand simple English. In Singapore, McDonald's never intended the toys to be a zodiac collection.:rolleyes: It's a LUCKY CHARMS collection. The McDonald's press statement is as clear as day. You must be blind to have missed it.

Thank you for your interest in McDonald’s Doraemon Lucky Charms collection.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide customers with exclusive collectibles only available at McDonald’s, we brought in a Doraemon collection that consists of 12 designs. With Valentine’s Day coinciding with the 1st day of the Lunar New Year, we decided to include a Cupid Doraemon in the series. We seek your understanding that the Doraemon Lucky Charms promotion was never intended as a zodiac collection.

We thank you for your feedback and wish you a prosperous new year.

Yours sincerely,
Veronica Tan
On Behalf of Claudia Yeo
Communications Department
McDonald's Restaurants Pte Ltd

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You guys obviously can't understand simple English. In Singapore, McDonald's never intended the toys to be a zodiac collection.:rolleyes: It's a LUCKY CHARMS collection. The McDonald's press statement is as clear as day. You must be blind to have missed it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

McD Singapore bringing pig to U in April!!!!

We're sorry, and we're grateful.
We could never have anticipated how passionate Singapore is about our Doraemon lucky charms. A happy community is important to us, and it was never our intention to offend anyone.

Therefore we are grateful for your feedback. This, we believe, is the backbone of McDonald's™ relationship with you. You tell us, we listen.

We are doing our best to make things right. And as you have requested, we will bring in the Doraemon 'pig' lucky charm to complete your collection in mid-April owing to production schedule.

Just a small favour: Please indicate* below your interest to purchase Doraemon 'pig' lucky charm at $2 each (all nett proceeds will go to the Ronald McDonald Children's Charity™). We really want to make sure there are enough stocks to meet your needs.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support of McDonald's™.

* Do note this poll is for McDonald's™ to gather an indicative order quantity and is not an order reservation

http://www.mcdonalds.com.sg/doraemon/index.html

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i am not wrong, HK is in the top 20 prosperity index, muxh higher than SG.

BTW i am meeting a Hong kong fren soon and i will bring this topic up. It is an honour to meet someone who has a higher capability and foresight in money earning.

CB kia tonychat,

wow you feel so proud that you can suck your hongkee fren's balls huh..:biggrin:

KNN once a cocksucker, forever a cocksucker..:eek:

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
* Do note this poll is for McDonald's™ to gather an indicative order quantity and is not an order reservation

Let's go to their website and indicate that we want one each. Since it is not an order reservation, they can't force us to buy it when the time comes. Would serve as a good punishment for them.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah, you quite evil leh...:biggrin:

Let's go to their website and indicate that we want one each. Since it is not an order reservation, they can't force us to buy it when the time comes. Would serve as a good punishment for them.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah, you quite evil leh...:biggrin:

I just find it extremely stupid for them to say that it is not an order reservation. Then why ask people whether they want or not? If we tell them the number we want, then they die die better ensure that they have sufficient stocks. If not, tell them for fuck??? :(

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is just McDonald's excuse. What makes us so special from HK that we dont have the full set (“There is a total of 13 toys, including the pig, Valentine, tote bag and Doraemon Ang Bao packets.)?

They made a wrong decision trying to please the Muslim. They don't respect Singaporean Chinese's Chinese traditions. And thus they made excuses saying that McDonald's never intended the toys to be a zodiac collection.
They never do any Marketing research to see whether the Muslim in Singapore will feel offended. If they did, they would know that they are okay with it because they say it is just a toy and they respect Chinese traditions.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
They made a wrong decision trying to please the Muslim. They don't respect Singaporean Chinese's Chinese traditions.

This angle was conjured up by extremist groups hell bent of stoking racial and religious tensions. They should be arrested immediately and charged with sedition. :mad:

McDonald's simply felt that a symbol of love and affection was more appropriate than smelly pig. It had nothing whatsoever to do with pleasing muslims. :rolleyes:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
This angle was conjured up by extremist groups hell bent of stoking racial and religious tensions. They should be arrested immediately and charged with sedition. :mad:

McDonald's simply felt that a symbol of love and affection was more appropriate than smelly pig. It had nothing whatsoever to do with pleasing muslims. :rolleyes:

Nope I don't intend to stoke any racial and religious tensions. In fact I have many Malay friends which is why I know that they are okay with it because I asked them and they say it is just a toy and they respect Chinese traditions.

I said that McDonald made a wrong decision trying to please the Muslim because McDonald said that "As a halal restaurant, McDonald's could not display or sell Pig soft toys." By saying this, are they not trying to please the Muslim? Then what are they trying to do?
They have made a mistake because if they have done a market research they would know that Muslims are okay with it because they say it is just a toy and they respect Chinese traditions.

See http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_474368.html.

ST Forum
Home > ST Forum > Story
Jan 7, 2010
McDonald's takes the charm out of Doraemon series

MCDONALD'S started a Doraemon lucky charm series recently with each lucky charm sold at $2 if one orders a set meal. My two-year-old daughter is a Doraemon fan and can sing the song whenever she sees the cartoon cat.

Thinking of getting four Doraemon lucky charms representing the Chinese zodiac signs of my family - Tiger, Rabbit, Pig and Ox - I visited the McDonald's outlet in Tampines Mall on Monday. The idea was to display them during Chinese New Year.

After I bought the Tiger and Rabbit lucky charms, I scanned the series and realised one animal was missing from the 12 signs - the Pig. Instead, McDonald's had a Cupid Doraemon.

I could understand why Cupid was there as the first day of Chinese New Year happens to be Valentine's Day. But why should the Pig be missing from the series since all other 11 animals (even the mythical dragon) are included?

Puzzled, I asked the counter staff. The answer surprised me even more: As a halal restaurant, McDonald's could not display or sell Pig soft toys.

I understand that we need to respect our Muslim citizens as Singapore is a multiracial and multicultural society. Halal food establishments must meet the criteria set by the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis) to be certified as such. I also understand why some restaurants do not allow dogs on their premises as it may offend Muslim diners.

I have Muslim friends and when I invite them for a meal, I make sure I have a halal food option. If I dine with them, I avoid ordering pork dishes too.

However, in this case, the Pig is one of the Chinese zodiac signs - part of Chinese culture and customs - and it is just a soft toy, not food.

Will the sight of a Doraemon collectible Pig soft toy offend anyone? Was the decision based on a recommendation from Muis?

I have given up collecting the lucky charms because my girl was born in the Year of the Pig and she has no 'luck' in getting her Doraemon charm.

Pauline Koh (Ms)

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Nope I don't intend to stoke any racial and religious tensions. In fact I have many Malay friends which is why I know that they are okay with it because I asked them and they say it is just a toy and they respect Chinese traditions.

Puzzled, I asked the counter staff. The answer surprised me even more: As a halal restaurant, McDonald's could not display or sell Pig soft toys.

You're another twit who has not read the official McDonald's press release regarding why the pig was left out. :rolleyes:

Let me reproduce it one more time just for your sake....

Thank you for your interest in McDonald’s Doraemon Lucky Charms collection.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide customers with exclusive collectibles only available at McDonald’s, we brought in a Doraemon collection that consists of 12 designs. With Valentine’s Day coinciding with the 1st day of the Lunar New Year, we decided to include a Cupid Doraemon in the series. We seek your understanding that the Doraemon Lucky Charms promotion was never intended as a zodiac collection.

We thank you for your feedback and wish you a prosperous new year.

Yours sincerely,
Veronica Tan
On Behalf of Claudia Yeo
Communications Department
McDonald's Restaurants Pte Ltd

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

I went to their website using Firefox and explorer and indicated twice that I want it. :biggrin:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA