• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much do you think she's worth in geylang?

G

General Veers

Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Dec 30, 2009

New cancer treatment

<!-- by line --> By Jessica Jaganathan
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
cancer-mugi.jpg

$1.00

27-year-od Dewi Hermawati is a survivor of a rare type of cancer where the patient suffered from inflammation of the brain. Doctors used an unconventional approach in the management of an inflammation of the brain associated with ovarian tumours. -- ST PHOTO: MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN

DOCTORS in Singapore have come up with a treatment approach for a rare condition associated with ovarian tumour. They have written a journal article recommending this method as a standard to treat similiar conditions worldwide. Known as paraneoplastic encephalitis, which is an acute inflammation of the brain, it occurs when there is cancer in the body causing an extremely active immune system to mistakenly attack the brain. As a result, patients can suffer from neurological complications like fits, confusion or memory problems. If left untreated, this could eventually lead to permanent and severe brain damage or even death. It is not known how common this condition is as there is no international data. But based on estimates, less than one percent of patients with cancers will have such a condition, said Dr Tan Min-Han, associate consultant at National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS)'s department of medical oncology. The fact that such a condition even exists only came to light in 2007 when a US doctor saw 12 patients who had cancers and were subsequently found to have inflammation of the brain. Since then, about five patients in Singapore have been diagnosed with the problem.

singaporebomb

Alfrescian
Loyal
she is young and a inspiration to all cancer survivor and patients and here we have a idiotic moran mocking her think TS got cancer in his head.

G

General Veers

Have some respect for a dying human my friend, what goes around comes around.:p

I have gone bonkers! I do not understand why i had to use infractions and ban even though i had made myself clear i get trigger happy easily.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have gone bonkers! I do not understand why i had to use infractions and ban even though i had made myself clear i get trigger happy easily.

Get a grip and come to terms with yourself, trigger happpy for no good reason wont make you any better or happier.:p

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get a grip and come to terms with yourself, trigger happpy for no good reason wont make you any better or happier.:p

Trigger happy people have some hidden diseases in their body. He could have cancer of the scrotum, and feel frustrated and irritable.

G

General Veers

Trigger happy people have some hidden diseases in their body. He could have cancer of the scrotum, and feel frustrated and irritable.

Just say so that you would like me to kick your bitchy ass and i will again glady comply without remorse or guilt. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just consider in this way: Medicine treatments for cancer is very expensive here.

If she can't afford the medical fees, how much will you give her out of symphathy?

And if no one would give her money, and she wants to survive and to earn at geylang, how much you want to pay for her?

(The treatment of cancer could cost $10k each month. I have seen a friend who were deprived of medical treatments becos of no money. Just think of this. And another friend's relative in Australia continue receiving good medical treatments almost free!)

Thanks TS for posting this topic!

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a fair question. He just wants to know what we think. I say normally $20 but since she is "famous" I give her $25.