• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TR: Alex Tan issues open challenge to YPAP to debate with him at Speaker’s Corner

Donaldson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Written by Our Correspondent

Project Engineer Mr Alex Tan, who was banned from the YPAP Facebook for his outspoken views, had just issued an open challenge to the YPAP to have a public debate with him at Speaker’s Corner on his blog.

He did not elaborate on the topics for the debate in the short blog entry which ended by asking YPAP members to contact him.

Mr Tan first make the headlines last Friday for asking difficult and sensitive questions during a YPAP forum which prompted a fellow participant to challenge him to leave Singapore is he is so “disenchanted” with it.

Yesterday, the Sunday Times published an article on him being banned from YPAP Facebook ostensibly for indulging in “name-calling and vulgarities”.

PAP MP and YPAP Vice-Chairman Mr Zaqy Mohamad quickly jumped to the defence of YPAP saying that they would not banned netizens for posting “anti-establishment” views on its Facebook forum.

Mr Tan revealed that it was a YPAP member who sparked off the flame war by divulging personal details about him including his brief detention during National Service for blogging about the number of deaths in the SAF since 2000.

The information is supposed to be confidential. It is not known how the YPAP member got his/her hands on it and if it is legal for him/her to post it in the public domain.

Since the news broke out, the YPAP had received numerous brickbats from netizens with many lampooning it for following the “example” of its “seniors” in a snide reference to PAP leaders who often resort to character assassination to destroy their political opponents.

Mr Tan was applauded as a “hero” who dares to take on the YPAP all on its own.

It remains to be seen whether the YPAP will accept Mr Tan’s invitation for a public debate at Speaker’s Corner. It will surely be an eye-opener for Singaporeans.

Article taken from Temasek Review

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Written by Our Correspondent

Project Engineer Mr Alex Tan, who was banned from the YPAP Facebook for his outspoken views, had just issued an open challenge to the YPAP to have a public debate with him at Speaker’s Corner on his blog.

Hi temasek review aka wayangparty aka avantas aka andrewyappang,

While don't you link Alex Tan's blog so that we all can read what he has actually written in his blog, instead of reading your twisted version? :rolleyes:
Why you only know how to link to your own scam website, but not your sources? :rolleyes:

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP hates Sinkies like Alex Tan who are getting confidence by days and even challenge the MIWs. Indeed, they are now very worried. This is like walking through a mine field and eventually give the MIWs a one tight slap.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
are you instigating a coup or a rebellion? :biggrin:

hi there

1. bro, it does not imply that if we have more of alex tan, there shall be some coup or rebellion.
2. well, at least sinkieland has someone neutral and speaking out.
3. at least, the young engineer has got guts and is definitely some sore thumb to many.

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek Review? uncreditable reports :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Anyone got Alex's blog?

Hi Alamaking,

I managed to locate the blog which Temasek Review do not want us to know by not linking or including a citation in the post. It has already become a norm for Temasek Review to do such sneaky things.

Here is the blog:

http://utopia8787.blogspot.com

However is this really Alex's blog? I am not sure because looking at rest of the blog post, I have my doubts. Again, Temasek Review may be misleading us, so I would not jump the gun and say for certain that it is really Alex Tan.

Last edited: