• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why RICH Can Get Away Squeezing Neh Neh Boks?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>

Molestation case settled, doc apologises
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Khushwant Singh
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->A DOCTOR yesterday read out in court an apology to his patient for having caused her distress and discomfort when he examined her.
Dr Yong Voon Pin, 48, of Healthline Women's Clinic at Mount Alvernia Medical Centre, was granted a discharge amounting to an acquittal for the molestation charge.
As part of the settlement, he read out a statement saying he was 'sincerely sorry' for the distress that his examination had 'unwittingly' caused.
He added: 'I am very grateful for this opportunity to show my deepest regret at having caused you such unhappiness and for creating any misunderstanding with a longstanding patient of mine.'
His lawyer, Senior Counsel Michael Khoo, told the court that the obstetrician-gynaecologist also paid the woman, aged 33, $51,000 to settle the matter.
He allegedly touched her breasts, her abdomen and thigh in the November 2006 incident.
The woman, who cannot be named for privacy reasons, agreed that the matter be compounded.
She told the court she wanted to put the incident behind her, but added: 'I know it will not go away because of the fear I now have of doctors.'
Lawyers told The Straits Times that a compounded offence is one settled without a conviction.
The victim must agree to it, although the prosecution can object if it believes it is not in the public interest.
In 2005, the court threw out a bid by a company chairman, accused of assaulting another motorist, to have the case compounded for $7,500. The prosecution objected, as road rage cases were on the rise.
The chairman was fined the maximum $1,000, although he escaped being jailed up to a year.
Courts will also disallow composition of maid abuse cases.
Compoundable offences include causing mischief or hurt, threatening or defaming someone, and less serious cases of molestation involving no assault or force. The penalty for such molestation offences is a jail term of up to two years with caning or a fine.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkie mah... they are a bad example to others.. with money, they can bend down even lower.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fella is a doctor; have enough money to enage a senior counsel to negotiate with victim. If it happened to an average joe, you'll should know the outcome .

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm quite surprise that this Doctor did not get fired or suspended from work..... guess its another..." Teh Neh Neh only, Pay liao mah... Lets Move On...."

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm quite surprise that this Doctor did not get fired or suspended from work..... guess its another..." Teh Neh Neh only, Pay liao mah... Lets Move On...."

Surprise??? You do not really understand sinkie.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
just like what already mentioned,those RICH can afford to pay counsellor to take to the victim and they also can pay the victim off.
who knows,after this,they meet often and enjoy it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To all sinkie women, next time, please get a female doctor, dun bo tai bo che go and sue molest.

But if that doctor really molest, then he deserve it. Why the hell does he wanna touch a sinkie woman, there are so many women in the world to touch.

Alfrescian
Loyal
aah.... 51k for teh neh neh. How they arrived at the figure, more of blackmail. She must have a good lawyer. Small head rules over big head, poor doctor, he should have sign on as a sbf member. The victim should revisit the doctor again and not mind letting him touch one more last time and say: Thanks for the money. Bye bye doctor. I am laughing.....to my bank.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is a sinkie doctor. SInkie not because he is in a molest case but due to the fact that he molest a sinkie woman. There are much better women to touch.