• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek Review debunks baseless allegations of plagiarism

flyingdagger

Alfrescian
Loyal
From: http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/1...-plagiarism-posted-on-geoffrey-pereiras-blog/

The Temasek Review has debunked the allegations of plagiarism in a comment posted on SPH Geoffrey Pereira’s blog as completely baseless and malicious.

Mr Pereira published a second article on his blog titled “SPH reiterates ‘We didn’t do it” on 13 November 2009 at 9.47am in response to our earlier articles catching an IP address “grabbing” our site’s content a week ago.

Strangely enough, the comment surfaced soon after it was posted on Mr Pereira’s blog:

plagiarism03.jpg

The wordpress blog was registered only on 6 November 2009, the day when Mr Pereira published his first article denying that SPH has launched an attack on our server. (we have never made the accusation in the first place):

The blog pasted a few clipped copies of articles posted under our “World” section and accused us of plagiarizing them:

plagiarism022.jpg

Our regular readers will know that all our world articles are reproduced from elsewhere with the source cited clearly at the bottom of each article.

This is a usual practice adopted by many online newspapers including The Malaysian Insider and our own Straits Times which republishes articles daily from Reuters, AFP and AP.

As you can see from the above, we have put a “SCMP” at the end of the article to indicate that the article was originally published on “South China Morning Post” – a Hong Kong Daily.

In all the other examples given on the site, the blogger cropped the article incompletely to omit the source to give the impression that we have plagiarized the articles.

Being a seasoned and professional journalist himself, Mr Pereira should have vetted the comments posted on his blog carefully before allowing such defamatory and untrue remarks about our site to be posted.

Last edited:

flyingdagger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk cock lah, you think forumers are stupid.

The photo pasted on your blog contains the - SCMP.

USE YOUR BRAINS - SCMP stands for "South China Morning Post"

Straits Times republishes many articles from AFP and Reuters and just indicate the source behind.

And TR was only inaccessible to some readers and not all. There is no need to take an entire site offline just to edit them.

Stop showing off your stupidity to the world.

flyingdagger

Alfrescian
Loyal
For example, this article published on Straits Times taken from AFP:

Longest-serving US Senator

WASHINGTON - DEMOCRATIC Senator Robert Byrd becomes the longest-serving lawmaker in US history at midnight on Wednesday, marking an unprecedented 20,774 days in office.

'From the bottom of my heart I thank each and every West Virginian for the support they have given me during this time, and for putting their trust and faith in me,' he said in a statement when he tied the record on Tuesday.

'The only way for me to close on this historic day is to say that I look forward to serving you for the next 56 years and 320 days!' said Mr Byrd, who by dint of his seniority is third in line for the US presidency.

The West Virginia Democrat, who turns 92 on Friday, is the oldest current senator and has served in the US Congress since Jan 3, 1953, first in the House of Representatives and then in the Senate.

Mr Byrd, an enthusiastic backer of President Barack Obama's 2008 White House bid, has expressed regret for his past membership in the Ku Klux Klan and for his 14-hour, 13-minute participation in the 83-day filibuster to delay the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Mr Byrd, who became the longest-serving US Senator on June 12, 2006, broke the record for most Senate votes in April 1990 with 12,134, and as of Oct 1, 2009 had cast 18,569 votes in the Senate. He is the only person ever elected to nine full Senate terms. -- AFP

Why not you ask AFP to sue ST for plagiarism??

What a goon!

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear TR

AFP Reuters and Bloomberg are news wires. Journalist will combine quotes and stories from these sources and their own sources to write articles but always acknowledging AFP Reuters, Bloomberg or Xinhua or etc etc. These are paid for services i.e its not free :_))

TR being free cheapskate and a one man cut and paste's show, cuts and paste the finished articles from journalist who have taken copy of news wires.

Acknowledgement is one thing, copying pretending to have original content is another.
Apart from SCMP, there are other instances of TR faking non existent sources and non existent interviews without original content original scoops.

Locke

flyingdagger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...TRWatch, you change your nick pretty fast.

As usual, where is the proof?

Every article reproduced is quoted. Even news source / interview from chinese dailies are quoted.

TR is not a full-fledged media agency. It has no full-time staff to interview people on the ground.

Most of its world articles on ST are taken from elsewhere. Why not you take issue with ST?

You should be glad that there is an alternative news source like TR which is trying its best within the limitations it is subjected to.

hellfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean the interview with lim hock siew and ng chun kiat are also fakes?

at least do some fact-finding first before you throw dirt at others.

hellfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
how stupid can you get? you are only going to increase their traffic.

i don't see TR losing a single reader because of your smear.

in fact, people will be more eager to know what TR is about.

tanboonlock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Locke,

I humbly disagree with your criticisms of TR.

If TR is cheapstake as you claimed, SPH will not bother about it.

TR has the highest traffic in Singapore for politics and there must be a reason why.

Please do not insult the intelligence of its readers like myself.

Tan B L