• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Football Team Foreign Players up to mark?

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take as below based on the four foreign borned players in the team yest...welcome to comment on other foreign borned players too..

John Wilkinson - Touted himself as the all action midfielder....More like the odd job labourer from England......All action midfielder is like Steven Gerrard or Gareth Barry, this fellow play like shit got the cheek to use that term..pui....I take GOH TAT CHUAN anytime as our own all action midfielder....

Alex Duric - Class act and good for the SEA level for sure or beyond..but too old now and good for another yr the most......

Mustafic Fahrudin - This fellow looks 38 than 28 ......lol..but he is a class act too and his composure shows that he is up for international level football especially the times he took pks under immense pressure and score so easily...

Daniel Bennett - This fellow is most Singaporean than the rest having been here since a kid and he contributed alot in the years as a national player...he is still decent standard and superior than the mat bengs but definitely his level have gone down since the unfortunate incident couple of yrs back....he never looked the same and sometimes I find his mind wandering while playing...

Another class act would be Mirko Grabovac but too bad he became a citizen too late and injuries halted his national team involvement......remembered his performances against Liverpool years back and he held his own against the EPL players....I am sure he would have been a great international player for sg...

Last edited:

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
just throw in some other names to help you bros..

Precious Emuejeraye

Agu Casmir

Shi Jiayi

Egmar Goncalves

Itimi Dickson

Qiu Li

who else??

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Attachments

• 128953382593187150.jpg
    128953382593187150.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 77
R

redlightmeansgo

I won't mind being the manager, groundsman, ball boy, kits man, laundry man all rolled into one for this worst team :biggrin:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
just throw in some other names to help you bros..

Precious Emuejeraye

Agu Casmir

Shi Jiayi

Egmar Goncalves

Itimi Dickson

Qiu Li

who else??

Egmar Goncalves became a Spore citizen just to don the national jersey, then renounce the citizenship & became a Brazilian again!!!!!!!
Uniquely Spore!!!!!!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that there're two problems:

1. Singapore has >75% ethnic Chinese population but look at the S-League clubs and national team. The local Chinese boys have stopped playing football.

2. The politically driven culture of FAS. Noh Alam Shah be a bad tempered guy but I think that there must be a cause to spark his recent ranting.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that there're two problems:

1. Singapore has >75% ethnic Chinese population but look at the S-League clubs and national team. The local Chinese boys have stopped playing football.

2. The politically driven culture of FAS. Noh Alam Shah be a bad tempered guy but I think that there must be a cause to spark his recent ranting.

Good observation. Local chinese/indian boys stopped playing football in exchange for academic promises & a more secured future. Football lifespan is short & even shorter if one is plagued with injuries.
Malays loves football coz that's the only activity that they thrive in & get them off socials ills that's associated with the malays.
I dont see many malay accountants, lawyers or entrepreneurs but i do see a lot of malay footballers & pizza delivery boys.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thailand got qualify for world cup b4??:confused:

Thailand has also never qualified before. The closest Thailand got was I remember in 2005 (for World Cup 2006). I lived in Thailand then. Thailand got to the last qualifying group stage (about 5 or 6 points away from actually qualifying). The whole country was abuzz. Next opponent was North Korea in Bangkok. Practically every pub and coffeeshop in Thailand with a TV showed the game live. Result: Thailand 1 N. Korea 4. N. Korea celebrated in Bangkok but later themselves got knocked out too, by Iran if I recall correctly. Anyway, this time around, N. Korea qualified.

For the World Cup 2010 qualifying campaign, Thailand fared worse than Singapore, collecting only 2 points or so in their group. The loss of the Asean Championship to Singapore and bad performance in the World Cup qualifiers over the past 2 years were really quite low points in Thai football. But I think they've recovered, especially with Bryan Robson.

Last edited: