• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free Yourself-Renounce Citizenship to be PR

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
<style></style>

I found this comment below quite interesting.Pls Discuss.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/1...ans-to-bear-with-tide-of-foreigners/#comments
<li id="comment-40622" class="alt"> FreeYourself on Tue, 10th Nov 2009 10:37 am
78ac91fe2e0ec58157216aa7299ec7c5

There is a way that we don’t have to bear with the high influx of foreigners and still be happy. When you can’t beat them, you join them.
I have tried this for sometime now and it works quite well for me. I tell myself that I am not a Singaporean but a PR in Singapore. I read every news from a PR perspective and it was fantastic to realise that as a “PR”, I am being treated so much better then Singaporeans.
When I go shopping, I remind myself that I am a tourist and behave like one and expect to be treated like one. Early this year, when I received my reservist notice, I told myself that I am a PR, hence I am exempted from NS and went all out to get a deferment. It was successful and I did not serve any reservist this year. I was over the moon. I will try to defer again next year.
By cutting off all your attachment with Singapore as a Singaporean, you will learn how much happier you will become. Needless to say, when there is trouble and the MIW wants Singaporeans to stand united, you can just book the first flight out of here and not feeling any sense of guilt. Tell yourself that you are not a Singaporean after all.
It works for me. Try it and see if it works for you.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_True_Story_of_Ah_Q

[edit] Synopsis

The story traces the "adventures" of Ah Q, a man from the peasant, rural class with little education and no definite work. Ah Q is famous for "spiritual victories", Lu Xun's euphemism for self-talk and self-deception even when faced with extreme defeat or humiliation. Ah Q is a bully of the less fortunate but fearful of those who are above him in rank, strength, or power. He persuades himself mentally that he is spiritually "superior" to his oppressors even as he succumbs to their tyranny and suppression. Lu Xun exposes Ah Q's extreme faults as symptomatic of the Chinese national character of his time. The ending of the piece – when Ah Q is carted off to execution for a lowly crime – is equally poignant and satirical.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>I told myself that I am a PR, hence I am exempted from NS and went all out to get a deferment. It was successful and I did not serve any reservist this year. I was over the moon. I will try to defer again next year. <<

What a moron!

Might as well go and color his pink ic to blue color with paint!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find this fellow disturbing and well....totally bullshitting. I m not sure how many would believe what he is aying but I will attempt to debunk him here as much as I can.

I have tried this for sometime now and it works quite well for me. I tell myself that I am not a Singaporean but a PR in Singapore. I read every news from a PR perspective and it was fantastic to realise that as a “PR”, I am being treated so much better then Singaporeans.

There is nothing wrong to "think "like a foreginer. I believe many people are already doing that, especially those who studied or had worked overseas for a couple of years. When yopu have been out there, you tend to see things very different about Singapore and how life could or should me in comparsion with what you have experienced. Hence so, at times we would behave in a manner different from usual Singaporeans, talk with an accent or take a different views or actions regarding certain matter.

You dont need to be a PR to do all that.

When I go shopping, I remind myself that I am a tourist and behave like one and expect to be treated like one. Early this year, when I received my reservist notice, I told myself that I am a PR, hence I am exempted from NS and went all out to get a deferment. It was successful and I did not serve any reservist this year. I was over the moon. I will try to defer again next year.

This is really really dumb and I do not believe that the writer actually have attempted it or even try to attempt it. You can defer your ICT, but at the end of the day, you can not avoid it. You want to avoid it, move to another country and take up the citizenship of another. Otherwise, you cant run away from it unless you are ready to answer AWOL charges.

By cutting off all your attachment with Singapore as a Singaporean, you will learn how much happier you will become. Needless to say, when there is trouble and the MIW wants Singaporeans to stand united, you can just book the first flight out of here and not feeling any sense of guilt. Tell yourself that you are not a Singaporean after all.

Now think about this: what is the possiblity of anyone "downgrading" their statues from citizen to PR? Do note that if you actually could do that and you do not have the citizenship of another country, you are stateless and unless you are damn rick, any country would treat you as a refuge. By which means, you could fin yourself been kicked around.

I m very sure the writer is pure bullshitting. If anyone dumb enough to follow what he did, well....good luck.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I
I m very sure the writer is pure bullshitting. If anyone dumb enough to follow what he did, well....good luck.

Here is a valid reason he may not be bluffing---PR gets the jobs!

<style></style>http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/1...tment-agency-offers-jobs-only-for-foreigners/

Singapore recruitment agency offers jobs for foreigners ONLY

November 11, 2009 by admin
Filed under Top News

Leave a comment

From our Correspondent
A Singapore recruitment agency posted on its website a list for jobs for foreigners, but locals need not apply!
Allied Manpower is a licensed recruitment agency in Singapore which claims to provide services in human resources and manpower management. It has over 29 years of proven experience in foreign recruitment.
It offered a list of jobs for foreigners which can be easily filled by locals:
alliejob585.jpg

As we can see from above, the jobs are offered only to specific nationalities such as Filipinos and Chinese nationals.
Of late, senior cabinet ministers have stepped forward to defend the government’s pro-foreigner policy.
MM Lee repeated the circular argument that foreigners are needed to take up jobs shunned by Singaporeans without which Singapore’s economy will stagnate:
“Look at the Integrated Resorts. (On the) rooftop, not one (construction) worker there is a Singaporean. (They are) China Chinese and the Indians. If you don’t have that, where’s the IR, and the 10,000 jobs (they will create)?” he asked in speech made at a grassroots event last week.
Opticians, art teachers, beauticians and website designers are hardly considered as jobs shunned by Singaporeans. In fact, many locals will be keen to take up such jobs.
The Singapore Polytechnic offers a three-year course in Optometry which is popular among students. Are Filipino opticians more highly qualified than ours?
Saved for the positions of IT support analyst and opticians, the other jobs offer pay of less than $1,500.
For a local website designer, $1,200 is surely too low a salary, but it is more than enough for a Chinese National who has no family here. Convert it to RMB and he will take home more than RMB$5,500 a month, far more than what he makes in China.
Again, there are many qualified Singaporeans who will be interested in applying to become an Art teacher if not for the meager pay of $1,200.
Imagine if you are a diploma or degree holder, will you consider taking up such a job?
Instead of addressing the real concerns on the ground, the government has chosen to put the blame on Singaporeans for being too “choosy” about their jobs.
The relentless influx of foreigners, especially the semi-skilled workers, has led to increased competition for the limited jobs in the labor market.
Singaporeans often have to accept lower pay and longer working hours out of fear of being replaced by foreigners who generally have fewer demands.
Despite the widespread unhappiness and resentment among the citizenry at its immigration policy, the ruling party is adamant that foreigners are needed to keep the Singapore economy growing.
There is no minimal wage in Singapore. Neither are there any social welfare benefits for those who are retrenched or unemployed.
Singapore’s population just cross the 5-million mark this year out of which 36 per cent are foreigners. This means that for every person you meet in the streets, he/she is likely to be a foreigner.
The ruling party is able to force its unpopular policies down the throats of a subservient citizenry largely because there is no opposition in parliament to check on them and it controls all important state institutions.
In Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and other Asian democracies, citizens are able to gather and protest in the streets to show their frustration and anger against their governments.
In Singapore, even a peaceful solo protest anywhere on the island except Hong Lim Park is illegal under the law.
The lack of public expression of dissent helps the ruling party to recycle and perpetuate the myth through the state media that it is a “popular” government which have the “support” of the people to introduce these laws and policies.
Unless Singaporeans wake up from their long slumber and reclaim their civil and political rights as citizens of their country, they will forever be subjected to the mercy of the ruling party.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Singapore citizens, you can't convert to PRs. You can only migrate and acquire another country's citizenship. Even as foreign PR (e.g. US green card) you're still Singapore citizen. Another way is to jump into the sea, drown and die. This is what ah bengs call, hand over ICs. Keep it dry and hand over. Don't cause more problems after you die.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Singapore citizens, you can't convert to PRs. You can only migrate and acquire another country's citizenship. Even as foreign PR (e.g. US green card) you're still Singapore citizen. Another way is to jump into the sea, drown and die. This is what ah bengs call, hand over ICs. Keep it dry and hand over. Don't cause more problems after you die.

This is how my NS friend did it before this mind boggling madness of FT & PR started...He worked for a French MNC...Got himself a Canadian citizenship...Than came back to SG as an expat on expat pay for the same company..

Since he is a local born he knows how everything works here..Guess he beat the system since this government throws a red carpet only for foreigners..

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is a valid reason he may not be bluffing---PR gets the jobs!

<style></style>http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/1...tment-agency-offers-jobs-only-for-foreigners/

Singapore recruitment agency offers jobs for foreigners ONLY

November 11, 2009 by admin
Filed under Top News

Leave a comment

From our Correspondent
A Singapore recruitment agency posted on its website a list for jobs for foreigners, but locals need not apply!
Allied Manpower is a licensed recruitment agency in Singapore which claims to provide services in human resources and manpower management. It has over 29 years of proven experience in foreign recruitment.
It offered a list of jobs for foreigners which can be easily filled by locals:
alliejob585.jpg

As we can see from above, the jobs are offered only to specific nationalities such as Filipinos and Chinese nationals.
Of late, senior cabinet ministers have stepped forward to defend the government’s pro-foreigner policy.
MM Lee repeated the circular argument that foreigners are needed to take up jobs shunned by Singaporeans without which Singapore’s economy will stagnate:
“Look at the Integrated Resorts. (On the) rooftop, not one (construction) worker there is a Singaporean. (They are) China Chinese and the Indians. If you don’t have that, where’s the IR, and the 10,000 jobs (they will create)?” he asked in speech made at a grassroots event last week.
Opticians, art teachers, beauticians and website designers are hardly considered as jobs shunned by Singaporeans. In fact, many locals will be keen to take up such jobs.
The Singapore Polytechnic offers a three-year course in Optometry which is popular among students. Are Filipino opticians more highly qualified than ours?
Saved for the positions of IT support analyst and opticians, the other jobs offer pay of less than $1,500.
For a local website designer, $1,200 is surely too low a salary, but it is more than enough for a Chinese National who has no family here. Convert it to RMB and he will take home more than RMB$5,500 a month, far more than what he makes in China.
Again, there are many qualified Singaporeans who will be interested in applying to become an Art teacher if not for the meager pay of $1,200.
Imagine if you are a diploma or degree holder, will you consider taking up such a job?
Instead of addressing the real concerns on the ground, the government has chosen to put the blame on Singaporeans for being too “choosy” about their jobs.
The relentless influx of foreigners, especially the semi-skilled workers, has led to increased competition for the limited jobs in the labor market.
Singaporeans often have to accept lower pay and longer working hours out of fear of being replaced by foreigners who generally have fewer demands.
Despite the widespread unhappiness and resentment among the citizenry at its immigration policy, the ruling party is adamant that foreigners are needed to keep the Singapore economy growing.
There is no minimal wage in Singapore. Neither are there any social welfare benefits for those who are retrenched or unemployed.
Singapore’s population just cross the 5-million mark this year out of which 36 per cent are foreigners. This means that for every person you meet in the streets, he/she is likely to be a foreigner.
The ruling party is able to force its unpopular policies down the throats of a subservient citizenry largely because there is no opposition in parliament to check on them and it controls all important state institutions.
In Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and other Asian democracies, citizens are able to gather and protest in the streets to show their frustration and anger against their governments.
In Singapore, even a peaceful solo protest anywhere on the island except Hong Lim Park is illegal under the law.
The lack of public expression of dissent helps the ruling party to recycle and perpetuate the myth through the state media that it is a “popular” government which have the “support” of the people to introduce these laws and policies.
Unless Singaporeans wake up from their long slumber and reclaim their civil and political rights as citizens of their country, they will forever be subjected to the mercy of the ruling party.

Have you ever think of the reason why these companies only want foreginers??

Look at the job for IT Support. at $2200 and must know SQL, how many Singaporeaons are willing to do that job at that pay?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever think of the reason why these companies only want foreginers??

Look at the job for IT Support. at $2200 and must know SQL, how many Singaporeaons are willing to do that job at that pay?

It is not a question of how many Singaporeans are willing to take an IT job which require SQL know how for 2.2K...But can they?..It is simply a question of can 2.2K afford a decent living to a local born IT expert who has to earn and raise a family at local expenses--the COST OF LIVING..

But you say a Filipino can.Why?---Because a Filipino earns much less in his motherland with a similar qualification and that is why this pay in SG is attractive enough for him to migrate..Because the cost of living in Phillipines is much much lower than SG...Simply because the 2.2k wages is enough for him to work in SG and transmit money back to phillipines giving his family a more decent living than if he were to work in Phillipines.

Now whose fault is it that the cost of living in Singapore is higher than Phillipines?---Of course the PAP whose is ruling this country for more than 40 years..who had failed to keep our cost of living in relation to the wages..

I am certain there are people out there in other countries with similar talent who may even take such jobs so long as you can feed them and lodge them..Countries like S.Korea and Afganistan comes to mind..So should that be the criteria to set wages in Singapore?

That is why in US and most other countries they have such thing as minimum wages to curb the exploitation of their people against foreign sweat labor...In SG why does the government refuses to enforce minimum wages to protect local labor?

Last edited:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can only defer reservist for 2 yrs max I think. It's up to your unit to decide if they want to grant you deferment. Solution - just go overseas for any reason, a job, studies,....etc to make sure they never touch you again.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wallau eh!...even a FT says PAP gone mad..Read this.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/11/11/the-foreign-talent-debate-a-foreign-talents-perspective/

The Foreign Talent debate: A Foreign Talent’s perspective

November 11, 2009

By Siva, Guest Columnist
Not a single day in Singapore passes by without some debate on the huge influx of foreigners that Singapore is witnessing. If my memory serves me right, this trend started a few years ago and has steadily been gaining momentum.
Accusations emanating from both camps such as ‘Singaporeans are xenophobic’ and ‘foreigners stealing jobs’ are being thrown around so often that they are in danger of turning banal.
The Singapore government has been trying its best to maintain calm by assuring its citizens that foreigners are essential for Singapore’s future (or was it GDP?). Being a foreigner myself and having stayed in Singapore for a significant portion of my life I would like to bring my thoughts to the table.
But before that some background about me. I am an Indian from India living in Singapore for the past 11 years. I came to this beautiful country at a tender age of 17 for my education and have been staying here ever since.
I am proud to say that I have experienced Singapore and most importantly Singaporeans across a wide spectrum of its society. Something that I doubt many foreign residents can claim.
During the course of my career I have worked with people from a variety of profession. Technicians, Engineers, Managers, Scientists, Professors Etc. I have also had the unique chance of experiencing Singapore’s tertiary education from polytechnic level all the way to post graduate level. I have more local friends than friends from my own land.
It is from this extensive experience and exposure that I am saying this; Singaporeans are not xenophobic. And lately if they have been displaying what might be construed as signs of xenophobia then they are doing so rightfully!
Singapore has always been a melting pot of people of different origins and its multi-cultural setting dates far beyond its independence period. Many Singaporeans are glad that foreigners like me have made Singapore our homes and are contributing actively to the country.
I have come across many individuals who have lauded us Indians for being ‘clever’ in IT and bringing specialized expertise which is unavailable locally.
But, as I had mentioned earlier, things have changed in the past few years. From being viewed as contributors of the society foreigners are now viewed as competitors in the society. The reason though being obvious to me seems lost among certain entities trying to justify the huge influx of foreigners.
Traditionally Singapore has welcomed foreigners for two reasons. The first would be to fill positions in fields that Singaporeans shun. Examples would be construction, ship building and other labor intensive jobs that do not pay enough to maintain a decent lifestyle in Singapore.
The second would be to fill positions where there is a dearth of locally available talent. Examples would be CEOs, scientists, professionals and other specialized jobs. These reasons are fully justified and have played a huge role in the Singapore miracle that has held the entire world in awe.
However Singapore has now adopted a third reason and it is this third reason that is causing so much resentment among the local population. And that reason being to make up for a population shortage prognosticated to occur in 10 years time.
Thousands of foreigners are brought in every month because Singaporeans are not producing enough babies to replace themselves. The question to be asked is this; are enough jobs being created for this influx in the present?
If not then we have a situation where an increased number of people are competing for a fixed number of jobs. Artificial and rapid population boosts without an accompanying and proportional increase in jobs will lead to detrimental side effects such as depressed wages, lowered quality of life, lack of social well being etc. And this precisely what is happening in Singapore.
The majority of the foreigners who are brought into Singapore do not create jobs per se, they are here to work. Essentially this means you have fixed number of jobs in the pool which is being contended for by an ever increasing pool of people brought about by rapid population boosts.
Foreigners who are semi-skilled, semi-professional and non-specialized do not bring anything extraordinary to Singapore that can’t be found locally. These foreigners end up competing with the local Singaporeans on what has traditionally been their economic turf.
Is there a lack of Singaporeans with fresh-mid IT skills? Or semi-specialized mechanical engineers or electrical & electronics engineers? Or is it that enough Singaporeans can’t be trained in these areas?
Many bright and talented local graduates have now resorted to selling insurance or property or are wasting their valuable hard-earned skills in unrelated fields because their traditional economic means is now being challenged by a huge number of foreigners who if not for the forecasted population shortage have no reason to be here.
It is no wonder that Singaporeans have been expressing their displeasure and they have every reason to be so. Their earnings have steadily diminished, competition has steady risen, the cost of living has risen, they don’t have a place to fall back on unlike us foreigners and they have a minimum lifestyle to maintain.
The Singapore government’s policy of artificial population boosts is a brave and proactive one. But unless the influx is accompanied by a proportional increase in the relevant job sectors I am afraid the policy will do more harm than good and could seriously undermine the social apparatus of Singapore.
What would ensure Singapore’s continued success into the next decade is not just a population of 6.5 million but a population of gainfully employed, happy and hopeful 6.5 million people.
It is high time relevant entities realize this and work towards preserving a society that has always been proud of its multi-cultural and multi-national structure.