• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Civil Servant Couple Value $380k PHole @ $650K After Spending $100k on Renovation

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Sep 14, 2008
MY SPACE
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Recreation at home
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_SUNTIMES_1_CURRENT_SPACE14.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Movie and music buffs Sebastian Tan and Caren Lim in the theatre room of their executive apartment. -- ST PHOTOS: MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Mr Sebastian Tan, 34
  • Civil servant
<TABLE width=200 align=left valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD class=padr8><!-- Vodcast --><!-- Background Story --><STYLE type=text/css> #related .quote {background-color:#E7F7FF; padding:8px;margin:0px 0px 5px 0px;} #related .quote .headline {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;font-weight:bold; border-bottom:3px double #007BFF; color:#036; text-transform:uppercase; padding-bottom:5px;} #related .quote .text {font-size:11px;color:#036;padding:5px 0px;} </STYLE>Money matters
Cost of home: $378,000

Cost of furnishings:$25,000

• 164 sq m executive apartment in Yishun Avenue 4
  • Lives with wife Caren Lim, 29, also a civil servant.
I love my home because...
It is large enough so that we can have separate rooms for my theatre system, my toys and collectibles, and a guest room.
We merged two rooms into one gigantic bedroom. There is also a super-huge living room that still has lots of space even after putting in a pool table. Also, the three 'Christmas trees' just outside my window add to the warm and festive feeling.
My decor theme is...
Modern baroque.
My favourite corner is...
The theatre room as both of us are big movie and music buffs and this room houses posters, books and figurines of our favourite musicians, as well as our collection of DVDs and CDs.
It is also the place where we enjoy a movie and/or music after a day of work, and where we entertain our friends and invite them over to watch my favourite football team, Liverpool, in action during the weekends.
I'm most proud of...
The whole flat as we virtually rebuilt it as the previous owners had left it in a sorry state.
With help from our contractor, we designed the flat ourselves and hence we derived great satisfaction from it upon completion. As we first fell in love at Zouk, the huge Zouk collage in our living room pays homage to the iconic place.
Will I sell it?
Yes, if the price meets the approximate value now.
[email protected]

<HR width="50%" SIZE=1>
Civil servant Sebastian Tan, 34, tells Alvin Lim how a complete overhaul has turned an uncared-for Yishun flat into an entertainment haven for his family.
Do you have a favourite space in your home?
Send us a picture. We will consider it for publication in Stomp and The Sunday Times. MMS your pictures to 75557 or e-mail[email protected] with the key words 'My Space'.

<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start --><!-- vbbintegration : end --><!-- dennis change request 20070424 : start --><!---Google ad - Start : Sun, 14 Sep 2008 06:24:36:122---><!-- AdSpace STI Google ad tag --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://ads.asia1.com.sg/js.ng/site=tsti&pagepos=20&size=10X10"> </SCRIPT>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=450 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>
ST_SUNTIMES_1_CURRENT_SPACE14-U42.jpg

<TR><TD width="33%">View all thumbnail</TD><TD class=georgia12 align=middle width="33%">Photo 2 of 2</TD><TD align=right width="33%">« Prev Next »</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>The couple enjoying a game of pool in their living room. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Money matters
Cost of home: $378,000
Cost of furnishings:$25,000
Cost of renovations: $70,000
Approximate value now: $650,000
Stomp pick

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So he believes his career is iron rice bowl. So big deal about theatre room and the design is horrid and errie. A friend of mine staying in 3 room flat also got theatre cum study room at home.