• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maggie Cheung once considered plastic surgery

Katana

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="596"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="5"> </td> <td colspan="2" height="26" valign="bottom" width="591">Home ›</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="5"> </td> <td colspan="2"> <!--//START com_dotcom_view_afp_rel.tpl--> <script language="JavaScript1.2"> g_fPlayMode = 0; g_iimg = -1; g_imax = 0; g_ImageTable = new Array(); function ChangeImage(fFwd) { if (fFwd) { if (++g_iimg==g_imax) g_iimg=0; } else { if (g_iimg==0) g_iimg=g_imax; g_iimg--; } Update(); } function getobject(obj){ if (document.getElementById) return document.getElementById(obj) else if (document.all) return document.all[obj] } function Update(){ getobject("_Ath_Slide").src = g_ImageTable[g_iimg][0]; getobject("_Ath_FileName").innerHTML = g_ImageTable[g_iimg][1]; getobject("_Ath_Img_X").innerHTML = g_iimg + 1; getobject("_Ath_Img_N").innerHTML = g_imax; } function Play() { g_fPlayMode = !g_fPlayMode; if (g_fPlayMode) { getobject("btnPrev").disabled = getobject("btnNext").disabled = true; Next(); } else { getobject("btnPrev").disabled = getobject("btnNext").disabled = false; } } function OnImgLoad() { if (g_fPlayMode) window.setTimeout("Tick()", g_dwTimeOutSec*1000); } function Tick() { if (g_fPlayMode) Next(); } function Prev() { ChangeImage(false); } function Next() { ChangeImage(true); } function omniPrint(myID, myTitle) { //{sample_id} {sample_title} s.prop3=s.prop1 + ":" + s.prop2 + ":printpage" s.prop4=s.prop1 + ":" + s.prop2 + ":printpage:" + myID s.prop5=s.prop1 + ":" + s.prop2 + ":printpage:" + myID + ":" + myTitle s.hier1=s.prop1 + "|" + s.prop2 + "|printpage|" + myID + ":" + myTitle s.pageName=s.prop1+ ":" + s.prop2 + ":printpage:" + myID + "_" + myTitle s.linkTrackVars='events,eVar29'; s.linkTrackEvents='event15'; s.events='event15'; s.eVar29='print'; s.tl(this,'o','print article'); void(s.t()); } ////configure below variables///////////////////////////// //configure the below images and description to your own. g_ImageTable[g_imax++] = new Array ("/imagegallery/store/phpRmt4oO.jpg", "Maggie Cheung"); //extend the above list as desired g_dwTimeOutSec=4 ////End configuration///////////////////////////// if (document.getElementById||document.all) window.onload=Play var strShareLink = "/stories/entertainment/print/1014506/1/.html"; strShareLink = strShareLink.replace('print', "view"); </script> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="789"> <tbody><tr> <td class="newstitle" width="460">Entertainment News</td> <td colspan="3" class="newstitle" align="right" valign="bottom" width="329"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="323"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="141"> <form id="formComment1" name="formComment1" action="/discussion/comments.php" style="display: inline;" method="POST"> <input src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/b_comment.gif" height="17" type="image" width="68"> <input id="storyid" name="storyid" value="{story_id}" type="hidden"> <input id="storytitle" name="storytitle" value="Maggie Cheung once considered plastic surgery" type="hidden"> <input id="storyurl" name="storyurl" value="/stories/entertainment/print/1014506/1/.html" type="hidden"> </form>

</td> <td align="right" width="60">
butt_emailthispage2.gif
</td> <td width="62">
butt_printthispage2.gif
</td> <td width="60">
butt_minus1.gif
butt_plus1.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4" style="background-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">
shim.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="789"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="3" height="26"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="5"> </td> <td colspan="2" valign="top" width="784">Maggie Cheung once considered plastic surgery
Posted: 29 October 2009 1610 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"> </td> <td align="right" width="240">
phpRmt4oO.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"> </td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" onclick="Prev();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" onclick="Play()" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " onclick="Next();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Maggie Cheung</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td class="update"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

TAIPEI: Hong Kong actress Maggie Cheung may be a former beauty queen but that didn't stop her from contemplating going under the knife when she was younger.

In Taipei for an event on Wednesday, Cheung, 45, shared her struggles of resisting the odd nip and tuck after reporters asked for her opinion on facelifts and plastic surgery.

"It is very common. Anyone can go for it. A lot of people do not view it as plastic surgery as it only involves injections and is straightforward," said Cheung.

She then added that she, like many other women, was tempted to give it a try.

"Every woman finds the prospect of cosmetic surgery tempting and has to fight the struggle whether to go for it. I faced a similar situation back too."

Eventually, she decided to let nature take its course and gave up on the idea. And Cheung hopes the public will be kind to her as she ages gracefully.

"I hope that everyone will be able to accept the fact that I have wrinkles and I hope I will not change my mind [about cosmetic surgery] before I reached 60 years old."

When asked how she manages to maintain a youthful appearance, the former Miss Hong Kong said all credit should go to her make-up artist and cameraman, before admitting that being in love does play a part.

"I do not think that falling in love is a good way to maintain one's looks. However, falling in love makes one happy and one will naturally look good when they are happy, so it does have something to do with romance," said Cheung.

Cheung is currently dating German architect Ole Scheeren and they are known to be a very loving couple. However, the pair have no plans to get hitched.

"Usually those who want to get married are those that are single. I have married before so I haven't thought of re-marrying," said Cheung, who was previously married to French film director Olivier Assayas for three years.

Has Scheeren proposed?

"No. We understand each other's opinions and he knows what I want. Our relationship is very stable."

While marriage is not on the cards, Cheung is willing to consider adoption in the next few years.

"I won't give birth and it is also going to be difficult for me to have a baby now. I will consider adoption. I have always loved children but unfortunately, giving birth doesn’t fit into my plans," said Cheung. - CNA/fa

</td></tr></tbody></table>