• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinktel Charges $2k for 29MB Download on H/P

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Hit by $2,000 bill for downloading on mobile phone
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I RECEIVED a bill from SingTel charging me for GPRS download while on a business trip to Thailand.
The bill amounted to more than $2,000 for a 29MB download.
When I contacted SingTel, the only response I received was that it was a valid charge, but it could not provide any more information, for example, what was downloaded.
Should there not be billing details to ensure customers pay only for what they actually use?
David Foo

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I disable the fucking GPRS whatever shit. If I want to surf net when I am overseas, I use a landline.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This consumer really stupid. The bill is charge by Thai telecom Singtel is just the middle man to collect charge on behalf Thai Telecom. There is no why singtel will waive the charge because Thai Telecom will bill Singtel the usage in Thailand.

longlicky

Alfrescian
Loyal
i surf 1 page graphic rich website cost me $4-5. i cant say singtel is in the wrong to do so. its biz. sorry to say u need to pay the price if u didnt read the fine line.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the trouble with people. They dont read up first on the rates and then KPKB afterwards!

Roaming is always costly. Esp surfing on the phone, that's stupid. The charges are levied by Thai telecoms, not Singtel. Barking up the wrong tree lah!

Next time, use a PC in the hotel room, and ask for internet rates first. And anyway, is anything so important that you can't wait till you get an internet connection hard line?