• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queue for Windows 7, where are the die hard Mac fans?

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
20091022_weehan_windows_img_main.jpg

queue starts as early as 3pm.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I though the OS wars were over and it was obvious which OS is better :smile:

Win 7 is an attempt to reverse the situation :rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i will not be surprise that these are being paid by microsoft to appear.

who the fxxk want windows 7? if you look carefully, it is same as vista.
and vista is no faster than xp.

so basically for 7 years, microsoft have not progress much.

who the fxxk queue to buy OS?

Ass_Loong_Son

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are some idiots in there, and so few to suck MS shit. May be MS employees were there to stage the show? Or their advert agency's employees?

You can buy me few brand new PCs FOC with Win7 inside and I will immediately format them away from the HDD.

I ensure you 100% will be removed.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
I though the OS wars were over and it was obvious which OS is better :smile:

Win 7 is an attempt to reverse the situation :rolleyes:

What? How can Mac OS claim victory with only a little less than 5% of the overall PC market share?

256px-Operating_system_usage_share.svg.png

Apple fanboys still a long way to go before you can start celebrating. :cool:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What? How can Mac OS claim victory with only a little less than 5% of the overall PC market share?

There's an interesting article about market share at

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Home/1052F769-AC24-4892-8937-E3E90BCFD5CC.html
Apple is the only market player able to make money from both sides of the coin. Apart from Apple, everyone else in the industry only makes half of what is sold as a whole PC. Users who buy a non-Apple PC get a CPU and a Windows license; they realize they’ve made two purchases, so why doesn’t the Gartner Group, IDC, and others publishing PC market share?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Apple fanboys still a long way to go before you can start celebrating. :cool:

Do you use Vista :confused:
Only have to ask Vista users what they think of their OS.

Only MS can shoot their own foot by having such a crappy product.

Apple is increasing their market share while the PC is stagnating. In the PC market its the netbooks(Atom processor) that is growing and Netbook users have to use XP because Vista crawls on these machines.

As an Apple investor I can celebrate because APPL is at record levels, $200+ range. While MSFT is stuck around $26+ :rolleyes:

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Apple is increasing their market share while the PC is stagnating. In the PC market its the netbooks(Atom processor) that is growing and Netbook users have to use XP because Vista crawls on these machines.

As an Apple investor I can celebrate because APPL is at record levels, $200+ range. While MSFT is stuck around $26+ :rolleyes:

no need to ask vista user, just ask those top people in MS. One of them is my bro and he told me that "Vista is something that they are trying to forget." so you can imagine how crappy is that.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Somewhile back...way back I recommend a client of mind to buy APPL at $18, when it was having a crises whn Jobs left...I do hope that that client still holding that stock...

at 100 @$18 versus 100 @$200...even keeping for so many years...the profit from the sale..is mind boggling!!:p

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not touching snow leopard.

what did snow leopard bring that leopard does not have?

what did windows 7 bring that vista does not have?

these software company are shoving shit into our mouth.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm more a Linux user and I don't invest in Apple stocks,. So in this aspect you can say I'm qualified more than anyone to give a fair unbiased views. The sad truth is despite what Apple is claiming, Windows is still unmatched in desktop OS market. Apple Inc. still got a lot of work to do before it can seriously challenge them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Somewhile back...way back I recommend a client of mind to buy APPL at $18, when it was having a crises whn Jobs left...I do hope that that client still holding that stock...

at 100 @$18 versus 100 @$200...even keeping for so many years...the profit from the sale..is mind boggling!!:p

I was one of those who bought "low" at $30($15 after split) & still waiting for the "high" :smile: Back when Amelio was the CEO of Apple.

Apple did a share split a few years ago so 100 share is now 200 & at US$200+ a share its quite alot.

I'm waiting for the shares to go a little higher, so that I can retire from Spore:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Apple Inc. still got a lot of work to do before it can seriously challenge them.

What do you mean by "challenge"? :confused: Are you talking performance? features, ease of use? stability? security? Please explain.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm more a Linux user and I don't invest in Apple stocks,. So in this aspect you can say I'm qualified more than anyone to give a fair unbiased views. The sad truth is despite what Apple is claiming, Windows is still unmatched in desktop OS market. Apple Inc. still got a lot of work to do before it can seriously challenge them.

I'm a PC, Mac user & investor, some may say first hand user experience is more relevant :confused:

I've owned HP, IBM, Dell shares. Although I made profit in all except DELL shares I'm keeping my Apple shares because I think the share has more upside .

I'm conservative & what I'm looking for in an OS is stability, that's why I'm still using panther & downgraded to XP.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal

Interesting article, maybe there might be some variance on the actual percentages, I don't know.

I'm not saying Mac OS is a inferior system, all I'm trying to point out is the Mac OS is still a niche market.

Despite what the latte sipping "Oh! look-at-me and my mac book sitting here at Starbucks, listening to my I-Pod, can you see that apple logo glowing on the back of my Mac book? It means I'm more intellectual than you are and I made a better buy than you. My computer is a fashion statement" 'Me too' brigade are saying. :rolleyes: