• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Phuket jetski operator threatened and forced me to pay 6000 Baht after my jetski caps

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 19 Oct 2009
"Phuket jetski operator threatened and forced me to pay 6000 Baht after my jetski capsized"

phuket_jetski_operator_forced_me_to_pay-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Sleepybug07's husband was forced by a jetski operator to pay for repairs while holidaying in Phuket. The operator had threatened that they would not be allowed to leave the country if they did not pay up.

Sleepybug07 relates the experience:

"Dear Singaporeans, please be very careful when you travel to Phuket.

"My husband was forced to pay 6000 Baht (originally 3000 Baht before we went to the police) for spoiling the engine of a jetski in Phuket last weekend (Oct 18).

"This happened after his jetski had capsized due to waves.

"They demanded we pay for repairs, or else we would not be allowed to step out of Phuket.

"Police there didn't help us at all.

"Thankfully after mediation by our hotel manager, we paid 2000 Baht and stayed in our room for safety after the incident.

"The volunteer translator (who is a Singaporean) at the police post told us that it's a common practice for jetski operators there to accuse tourists of damaging jetskis and demanding money from them.

"He urged us to return to Singapore to spread this news to protect ourselves in future.

"There are other cases on the internet on similar incidents."

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Phuket jetski operator threatened and forced me to pay 6000 Baht after my jetski

Thats the result of Singapore letting the world know how rich they are !

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Phuket jetski operator threatened and forced me to pay 6000 Baht after my jetski

Posted on 19 Oct 2009
"Dear Singaporeans, please be very careful when you travel to Phuket.

"My husband was forced to pay 6000 Baht (originally 3000 Baht before we went to the police) for spoiling the engine of a jetski in Phuket last weekend (Oct 18).

"This happened after his jetski had capsized due to waves.

"They demanded we pay for repairs, or else we would not be allowed to step out of Phuket.

"Police there didn't help us at all.

"Thankfully after mediation by our hotel manager, we paid 2000 Baht and stayed in our room for safety after the incident.

"The volunteer translator (who is a Singaporean) at the police post told us that it's a common practice for jetski operators there to accuse tourists of damaging jetskis and demanding money from them.

"He urged us to return to Singapore to spread this news to protect ourselves in future.

"There are other cases on the internet on similar incidents."

The story has no head, no tail but some holes in between.

- The rental user who capsized the jetski is supposed to for the damage, it's only a question of how much is fair.

- The damage claimed was 3,000bht, but became 6,000bht after calling police? Are the police demanding another 3,000bht or what?

- So in the end, settled for 2,000bht, how come?

boundThunter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stupid husband took his wife to Phuket~~~This heading would be more sensational.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stupid husband took his wife to Phuket~~~This heading would be more sensational.

Waiting for someone to come in and say he deserved it becos of his sinkie behaviour. :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporean gets conned in foreign lands (AGAIN)

How come always Sinkees kana? Do we wear a "I AM WITH STUPID" tee shirt?

a6594d01m.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

sorry man.. i think i will refrain from bashing sinkies.. it is so tempting ha ha ha

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

sorry man.. i think i will refrain from bashing sinkies.. it is so tempting ha ha ha

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

Already warned so many times that the world is laughing when they know you are a Singaporean.

I am not joking.

Always remember to tell them u r the other 33.3%

A Singaporean is viewed as WEAK, BALL-LESS, BRAIN-DEAD, and very HOW LIAN (due to Ministars' behavior).

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, there're bound to be crooks everywhere, including Thailand. But as a rule of thumb, I never take at face value any one-sided complaint stories unless it's cleary and fully substantiated. And as I've pointed out in my earlier posting, there're some holes in this Singaporean's complaint.

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal

This happen to me also 10 years ago in Thailand, jetski overturn due to wave but i pay only 500 baht only leh