• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Holland V Valets Are Bullies Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Valet operators did a good job
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IT IS disappointing and discouraging to read that the HDB has asked the Holland Village valet operators to close shop.
Sakthya Services is doing a great job and providing good services. Who would have bothered to take such an initiative in 2001 to make both customers and shop owners happy? Even DBS Bank supports Sakthya.
When a business is performing well, barriers are put on private operations. If a permit is needed to allow valet operators to improve their services, help them. Why stifle the entrepreneurial spirit? Don't break their spirits. They have put in a lot of time and energy.
Singapore needs more small-time business entrepreneurs. We should be happy for them that, with these small businesses, they are making money to provide for their family needs. There are more small-time business entrepreneurs in any Chinese City than there are in Singapore. Marcus Lee

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Holland V. valets' bullying tactics

</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to reports on Tuesday and Wednesday, 'Holland V. valets to close' and 'Holland V. valets not leaving'. Coincidentally, I had my first unpleasant encounter with the Holland Village valets last Saturday afternoon and strongly advocate stopping their operations for several reasons.
First, these valets engage in bullying tactics which penalise drivers who do not use their services. I was repeatedly prevented from using newly vacated parking lots by valets who blocked and rushed into these lots without concern for vehicle safety. When I finally found a lot after a 45-minute wait, a valet honked at me incessantly as I reversed into the lot, supposedly to intimidate me into giving it up.
Second, these valets do not operate in accordance with parking regulations. Valets carry a stack of parking coupons, using them on multiple cars as they enter and vacate the lots with a time period. Furthermore, I observed that a parking attendant did not issue a summons for an expired coupon, but merely notified the valet to replace it.
Lastly, HDB carparks should by right be open to all paying members of the public without discrimination. I deem it unfair that an additional $8 paid to a valet should give a driver priority to a HDB parking lot I pay the same amount to use. Yvette Chee (Miss)

http://www.brfc.org.sg/profiles/flava/eve_yvet.html

flava.jpg

August' 0 5

<TABLE width=700 align=center bgColor=#292929><TBODY><TR width="675"><TD colSpan=3 height=5>
</TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><!-- INSERT PIC HERE --><TR width="675"><TD width=184 height=272>
1.jpg
</TD><TD width=307 height=272>
3.jpg
</TD><TD width=184 height=272>
12.jpg
</TD></TR><TR width="675"><TD align=middle colSpan=3 height=143>
10.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg

</TD><TD align=middle width=5 height=143> </TD></TR><!-- INSERT INTERVIEW HERE --><TR><TD colSpan=3>

Name : Yvette Chee & Evelyn Koh
Y.O.R.B (year of rugger birth) : 2002 and 2003 respectively
Rucking with Blacks since : 2003, 2004
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As our exportees (there's no such word, we made it up :]) return to the fold this month, it thrills Flava to be able to bring to you A Tale of Two Cities. The one-for-one Export Special! [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yvette, former RJC touch captain and survivor of the 2003 Blacks Boot Camp atrocities, is currently pursuing a degree at the London School of Economics (LSE), where she plays fifteens for the varsity team.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Evelyn, fellow teammates with Yvette back in RJ, and presently studying at the University of Melbourne, took up touch on Yvette's recommendation, enjoyed it so tremendously that she subsequently joined Blacks too, picking up contact along the way, and is still pursuing touch perfection down under.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With a little probing from us - Their experiences with rugby and rugger culture in the rival hemispheres. [/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PeeAssC Scholar?

http://www.lsecu.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=73

Yvette Chee (Treasurer)

yvette1.jpg
D.O.B: 14 December 1985

Degree Course: BSc Government and Economics

Favourite Colour: Red

Hobbies: Rugby, rugby, and rugby

Dream Car: Mini cooper

Body part you cherish the most: The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. -Matthew 6:22

Church: All Souls Church

Timeless quote: "I've developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time!" (Charlie Brown)

Where are you from? Sunny Singapore

Why did you decide to be on the leadership team?
To seek identity in God, above anything else at LSE.
To serve Him outside my comfort zone.

To love others, which can be the most difficult thing.

What did you want to become when you were young? And what do you want to be after you graduate? A professional rugby player, and if all else fails, I guess you will be able to find me in the airline industry :biggrin:

Ian6690

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great. Now Holland V carpark is free from such pests that bully other drivers who do not engage their services! Other than season parking lots, the white lots should be made available to all on a first come basis.

Operate a business by all means but do not bully those that do not use your services.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't you see that this is the result of being ruled by PAP for the last 50 years under OLD F88K.

If OLD F88K could dictate laws, why not these valet nymphs ?

Similarly with the airport security staff, give them some authority, they behave like world police....

KNN.... these f88ked brains....

Great. Now Holland V carpark is free from such pests that bully other drivers who do not engage their services! Other than season parking lots, the white lots should be made available to all on a first come basis.

Operate a business by all means but do not bully those that do not use your services.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Valets provide help to patrons but its at the expense of others who don't use them.......

A driver who don't use a valet will find it harder to get a parking lot. Since cannot find and don't want use valet, avoid Holland V:o

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Three final warnings issued to valet company at Holland Village

By Greta Georges, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 15 September 2008 2243 hrs

phpSqQDkD.jpg

• New measures to improve parking situation at Holland Village

SINGAPORE: The Housing and Development Board's ban on valet parking at Holland Village kicked off on Monday, after residents complained the operators were taking up reserved lots.

Three final warnings had been issued to one operator, who had continued serving customers despite the ban. If convicted, the operator could be fined up to S$2,000.

The operator had closed after the last warning, but said it will stay in the area. The owner of the valet parking service said: "... because we are waiting (for) the outlet(s) to get approval from them (HDB).

"They (the outlets) are planning to employ us to serve their service, then from there we will decide what should we do after that."

The two valet companies that were operating in the area had contracts with some businesses in the area. Since the ban, the other company had stayed close.

However, some carpark users are still hoping for the authorities to change their minds.

A customer of the valet parking service said: "I always have a specific time to meet my customers over there. So it is impossible for me to wait for an available parking space."

Another user of the service said: "It's not that we can't wait, but sometimes even after an hour, we still can't park."

But with some 10 uniformed and plainclothes inspectors patrolling, users may just have to wait.

- CNA/yt

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
I REFER to reports on Tuesday and Wednesday, 'Holland V. valets to close' and 'Holland V. valets not leaving'. Coincidentally, I had my first unpleasant encounter with the Holland Village valets last Saturday afternoon and strongly advocate stopping their operations for several reasons.
First, these valets engage in bullying tactics which penalise drivers who do not use their services. I was repeatedly prevented from using newly vacated parking lots by valets who blocked and rushed into these lots without concern for vehicle safety. When I finally found a lot after a 45-minute wait, a valet honked at me incessantly as I reversed into the lot, supposedly to intimidate me into giving it up.
Second, these valets do not operate in accordance with parking regulations. Valets carry a stack of parking coupons, using them on multiple cars as they enter and vacate the lots with a time period. Furthermore, I observed that a parking attendant did not issue a summons for an expired coupon, but merely notified the valet to replace it.
Lastly, HDB carparks should by right be open to all paying members of the public without discrimination. I deem it unfair that an additional $8 paid to a valet should give a driver priority to a HDB parking lot I pay the same amount to use. Yvette Chee (Miss)