• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Golf company staff calls me dumb and idiot in email

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
golf_company_staff_calls_me_dumb_and_idiot_in_email-thumbnail.jpg

A STOMPer looking for a part-time job was shocked when she received a reply from a golf events company calling her ‘dumb’ and ‘idiot’.

There doesn’t seem to be an apparent reason why the staff insulted the STOMPer as she had simply sent a request for a change of interview venues.

This is worrying as it shows the attitude that companies in Singapore have in running their business.

In an email to STOMP, she says:

“I came across an online ad by Urban Fairways.

“I was interested in going for the interview. However, I was not familiar with the area in which their company was located.

“I wrote in to ask for an alternative for the place for the interview.

“Yet, I was astonished to get a reply from their staff insulting my intelligence just because I didn't know the place their company was located.

“There have been other times when I asked for directions or a change of interview venues with other companies and I have always received a polite reply, even if it was a rejection.

“Even if they were to reject me, they had done it in a nice way. For example: ‘I'm sorry we are not able to provide you with another place to interview, perhaps we will notify you if in future if there is another event where help is needed.’

“Why can't their company do the same? Just when I thought Singapore is such a wonderful place where good service is rendered.

“This incident has really affected me greatly, being insulted about my intelligence and saying that their company doesn't need dumb people like us.

“I even questioned them if this is the way they run their business and having an attitude of ‘bring this somewhere else’.

“If other companies were to do likewise, Singapore would soon be removed from the list of best service ranked worldwide.

“Let me stress once again that this is nothing personal. I am just trying to let people know the real situation in Singapore.

“Maybe others with similar experiences can share theirs also?”

insult1jpg1255574432197-data.jpg

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree she is a blody idiot....golearn to find the bloody place lah....wa lau, lidis also expect to be served...knn...these kind of ppl should be euthanaised

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear dumb stomper,

thanks for your query. we will be sending our interviewer to your house to conduct the interview.

on 2nd thoughts, forget about the interview. u got the job. pay is $100 per hour. lunch break also payable.

wait long long ok.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
change the venue of the interview? why not change the place of work? want to apply job and dunno where is the location? knn dummb and idiotic,,,

she probably better off working in Geylang, walking distance to MRT, friendly customers, and high hourly rated paycheck,,,,

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
change the venue of the interview? why not change the place of work? want to apply job and dunno where is the location? knn dummb and idiotic,,,

she probably better off working in Geylang, walking distance to MRT, friendly customers, and high hourly rated paycheck,,,,

This Stomper is 100% dumb, she is looking for a job yet have the cheek to ask the interviewer to go a place where she known? Might as well go to her house for the interview. She is screwed, I will not even bother to reply her if I am the interviewer wasted of time......

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless she is handicapped, there is no reason for her not to look the place up on the map and find out the possible transport options. She could have simply asked for directions instead of asking for a change of venue. Maybe she is mentally challenged.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very typical sinkie behaviour, will never pass on a chance to dump or insult on someone they perceive to be below them. what class! :o

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
(1) The company is very unprofessional in making such remarks. The stomper is better off not in joining them. Their culture is evident. Abuse in any form, including verbal abuse, cannot be tolerated. The stomper is right in publicising such statements by the company.

(2) The stomper should not need to write for an alternative venue. She will be working there should she be selected. Thus she should have the initiative to find the place. By the way, club street is right in town.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. honest, this is exactly what an idiot and dumb person is.
2. if cannot take the pressure, go and hide in a hole or live on the moon.
3. better still, go and jump off something.
4. another one of "aces" who believe the world owes him or her something.
5. booksmart is not streetsmart
6. get real!

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is the same case of I am a sinkie I always think I am right!

In the first place if that idiot applicant is interested in the job she
should have the initiative to find out, do research whatever, the location.
If u don't know the location that indicate u have NO interest in the Company! period!

Off course the Company in the Golf club also employed unprofessional
idiot to called another human kind of the same breed.

2 wrongs doesn't make one right, applicant was wrong to asked for change of place just to interview her? who she think she is?? PM daughter??
President's daughter...? as an applicant you're NOBODY until you get a job in the golf club, say CEO, Chairman, Vice President?? than u asked the interviewer to come to your office and conduct the interview? is that clear???

:mad: :confused: :p :eek:

jw5

Loyal
(1) The company is very unprofessional in making such remarks. The stomper is better off not in joining them. Their culture is evident. Abuse in any form, including verbal abuse, cannot be tolerated. The stomper is right in publicising such statements by the company.

(2) The stomper should not need to write for an alternative venue. She will be working there should she be selected. Thus she should have the initiative to find the place. By the way, club street is right in town.
Well said.
1. The company could simply have declined to change the interview venue, without being rude.
2. The job seeker could have asked for directions to the place, instead of asking for a change of venue.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago when the old gantry coupon system was in existence, a chap that we had lined for an interview for a sr executive slot, called and said that he would have to waste a coupon if he attended the scheduled interview time. HR dept told him that they will rescheduled it and notify him later and they never did.

This chap wrote to me some weeks later and complained that HR said that position was filled and they failed to reschedule him. I called him and told him that we were looking for visionaries as it was a Sr post. Anyone worried about a coupon worth a few dollars might not be the right candidate. By the way, he had a post grad qualification.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This company has actually helped this chap. Look at my post before this. Most companies would do the politically correct thing and give a polite answer and would have marked him for lack of initiative.