• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No smoking, no littering = No dustbin?!

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Penalised for littering, but no rubbish bins in sight

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr></tr> <tr> </tr> <!-- headline one : end --> <!-- show image if available --> </tbody></table> <!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--> <!-- more than 4 paragraphs --> I WAS at Woodlands Civic Centre on Oct 2. While waiting for my daughter to finish her tuition, I went for a smoke break at the entrance facing the HDB flats.
My attempt to locate a bin nearby was in vain. While I acknowledge that I have to pay the price for littering, I was perturbed by the answer from the National Environment Agency (NEA) issuing officers when I told them there were no rubbish bins in sight. They told me the building management refused to place rubbish bins, even though NEA had advised it to do so on numerous occasions. Yet it was the building management that complained and asked NEA to send officers to penalise those who litter there.
Should the town council place the bins rather than the building owner? Can't the town council and NEA do something rather than just go along with the building management?
Smokers must abide by the law and not smoke within 5m of the building entrance. But in this case, the building management chases smokers 500m away with its intentional act.

Lee Kok Seng
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td><table id="story_comments" style="" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr id="comments_body" style=""><td><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="heading">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>