• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lab in the middle of Raffles Place such an unnecessary scare for the public!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 05 Oct 2009
Lab in the middle of Raffles Place such an unnecessary scare for the public!

biohazard_lab_spotted_in_the_heart_of_raffles_place-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer lancerboi83 spotted this 'biohazard lab' set up right in the middle of Raffles Place, and wondered why it had been set up there.

Here's what the STOMPer wrote in an email today (Oct 5):

"I was enroute to work today at OUB plaza, and had to make a detour because a lab had been set up outside the entrance to my building in Raffles Place.

"There were many people trying to get in, and more looking through the windows.

"I was worried because I thought there might be a biohazard scare in the area.

"At first I thought it was a joke. I tried knocking on the glass, and nobody responded - I realised then that it was real. Why would the authorities set up a lab in the middle of Raffles Place? It is the wrong place!

"And why is there no information available to the public about this lab?

"You can see the field at Raffles Place on the side in the picture. The lab is still there actually. I think it is a 24-hour thing.

"Either way they should put up more public notices to inform public. A lot of people look worried."

lab3-data.jpg

Keywords: publicity stunts

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pubilicity stunt by Caltex or some oil co? Chio bu in there must be model lah.. where got chemist or lab assistant look so good one? :biggrin:

Stumpers sad section of society..nothing to see, they complain, got something to see, they also complain...

what the.........:p

macky888

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun be stupid lah.. u blind or not the lab already state so clearly it's about some petroleum oil that is going to be introduced soon...

glad it scared u, u deserved to be scared then.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ya lor! Just a lab mock-up only, oso scared? Sinkaporeans really kiasi & so timid meh? Really jialat.:biggrin::biggrin: I walked past it, saw it & couldn't be bothered. Why leh? It's obviously a publicity stunt, a gimmick to attract attention; not to scare the wits out of u. Still scared? chey!:biggrin: