• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

POLICE in Wales have taken DNA samples from more than 55,000 innocent people

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="_______"]POLICE in Wales have taken DNA samples from more than 55,000 innocent people, we can reveal.
[/COLOR]

Almost half of these – an estimated 23,651 – were taken by South Wales Police alone, costing the force a whopping £1.5m.

In total, the nation’s four police forces have spent an estimated £3.4m in gathering DNA samples from innocent people.

But, while the Government estimates that one in five people on the national DNA database are innocent of any crime, they have admitted they have NO IDEA what the real amount could be.

Since 2001, police have taken DNA samples from anyone they arrest or caution, even if no charges are brought against them. Current law allows an innocent person’s DNA profile to be kept for up to 12 years.

With an estimated 4.5 million profiles, the DNA database for England and Wales is the largest in the world, and includes adults and children as young as 10...

Liberty’s legal officer, Anna Fairclough, told Wales on Sunday: “The Government is fond of justifying its retention of innocents’ DNA with the trite phrase: ‘nothing to hide, nothing to fear’. Those affected do not agree. They have done no wrong and they deeply resent their DNA profiles being held alongside those of murderers and rapists.”

Source< br />

‘nothing to hide, nothing to fear’

Is this what it has come to? If i am innocent i expect to be treated as such. I would hate the idea of having my DNA on a database, especially if i had not been charged for any crime.

'Innocent until proven guilty' is fast becoming 'guilty until proven innocent', and this is a very dangerous situation.

Also what a waste of funds. Spending money on keeping tabs on innocent people?

1984 anyone?

Peace.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
spore should also have this DNA database for all residents....

like dat any crimes committed can immediately run through the database and can start pressing charges immediately!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What can work for you can work against you too.

What can work against others can work against you too .

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What can work for you can work against you too.

What can work against others can work against you too .

true how do we know the evidence actually came from the crime scene....

the 'authorities' could incriminate anyone, like CSJ, by substituting his DNA samples from the actual ones in the crime scene...

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
the 'authorities' could incriminate anyone, like CSJ, by substituting his DNA samples from the actual ones in the crime scene...

Anyone can as long there is a database and who is giving the payroll .