• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LEe Hsien LOONG : pRs and new citizens will be SCARED of NS, how about the 66.6% ?

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...02-171274.html

No need for women to do NS, says PM Lee

By Dawn Tay

A DIALOGUE between Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and around 200 women from various women's organisations yesterday focused on an arguably male-centric issue - national service.

Of the 10 women who spoke, six rose to debate whether NS should be made compulsory for women and children of new citizens and permanent residents, and whether it disadvantaged men, at the People's Association Women's Integration Network Council dialogue.

Asked whether Singapore women are disadvantaged as, unlike men, they do not receive NS allowances as part of their pay, PM Lee assured the mainly female audience that career advancement for men and women alike would depend on the individual's ability.

Allowances for Singapore men who have completed NS are to ensure that they are not left behind when they start work after their two-year army stint and to compensate for their time in reservist training, he said.

NS should not be made compulsory for women for the sake of career advancement, he said.

"The purpose of national service is to have an operationally ready Singapore Armed Forces."

Dialogue participants suggested making NS mandatory for children of PRs to ensure a level playing field for all young people here.

But PM Lee rejected this, saying that doing so would scare away potential citizens.
He added that each year, several hundred children of new Singaporeans and PRs elect to serve NS.

Before opening the floor to questions, PM Lee spoke on employment opportunities here and stressed the need for women to return to the workforce after having children.

He urged companies to be more supportive by adopting flexi-work schemes, and husbands to help with housework and bringing up the children.

He also said that the Government hopes to announce in two weeks whether the Jobs Credit Scheme - the $4.5 billion, one-year scheme to help employers retain local workers during the recession - would be extended beyond this year.

[email protected]

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LEe Hsien LOONG : pRs and new citizens will be SCARED of NS, how about the 66.6%

F U Ass Long

NS scare away potential citizens.

Then your PAP policies never scare away real citizens?

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LEe Hsien LOONG : pRs and new citizens will be SCARED of NS, how about the 66.6%

PAP PWN Singapore............

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

If these FT would run away from NS, how are we going to rely on them in future when there's a war? Which side will they be on? Why won't Pinky Loong test their patriotism?

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal

This kind of calibre can be prime minister. Really laughing stock.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...02-171274.html

No need for women to do NS, says PM Lee

By Dawn Tay

A DIALOGUE between Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and around 200 women from various women's organisations yesterday focused on an arguably male-centric issue - national service.

Of the 10 women who spoke, six rose to debate whether NS should be made compulsory for women and children of new citizens and permanent residents, and whether it disadvantaged men, at the People's Association Women's Integration Network Council dialogue.

Asked whether Singapore women are disadvantaged as, unlike men, they do not receive NS allowances as part of their pay, PM Lee assured the mainly female audience that career advancement for men and women alike would depend on the individual's ability.

Allowances for Singapore men who have completed NS are to ensure that they are not left behind when they start work after their two-year army stint and to compensate for their time in reservist training, he said.

NS should not be made compulsory for women for the sake of career advancement, he said.

"The purpose of national service is to have an operationally ready Singapore Armed Forces."

Dialogue participants suggested making NS mandatory for children of PRs to ensure a level playing field for all young people here.

But PM Lee rejected this, saying that doing so would scare away potential citizens.
He added that each year, several hundred children of new Singaporeans and PRs elect to serve NS.

Before opening the floor to questions, PM Lee spoke on employment opportunities here and stressed the need for women to return to the workforce after having children.

He urged companies to be more supportive by adopting flexi-work schemes, and husbands to help with housework and bringing up the children.

He also said that the Government hopes to announce in two weeks whether the Jobs Credit Scheme - the $4.5 billion, one-year scheme to help employers retain local workers during the recession - would be extended beyond this year.

[email protected]

From my point of view, I think it is FAIR for the sons of those parents who have decided to become Singapore Citizens, whilst having their PRship in Singapore.

Thus, for those who temporarily only want to have PRship for some work, and other things, it'll be very UNFAIR for their sons to have NS...

So, I think it really depends on how you view this topic.

For me, I've served NS, and I really think it's a good thing to instill loyalty, to the singaporean male citizens.

But after serving NS to protect the nation's interest, I believe the Government should consider the son's of Singapore to have some form of benefits as well...

singaporeans would not leave singapore for no reason... when your life is filled with competition from Indian techies, Chinese accountants, Myanmar Construction Workers, Bangladeshi General Workers.... in Singapore, you are in competition with all these people....

why not consider upgrading Singaporeans? like you know, National Service have a huge purpose of protecting our nation.

how about having a FREE EDUCATION like university upgrading courses, just for Singaporeans??? and the government pay for it via tax payer's money...

and only for deserving people.

anyways, my 2 cents worth...

Singaporeans, should be given some kind of previlidge... else there is no reason to be a Singaporean...

Spermy

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I told you all the foreigners will rip everything from within !

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

I told you all the foreigners will rip everything from within !

It is happening already my friends...

The concept of Singaporeans are diluting... more and more FTs are coming in...

So leaving us with the following options;

1. ADAPT

or.

2. LEAVE

so, isn't this what is exactly happening...

I say, we either upgrade ourselves, adapt, have an edge against the FTs, else facing the FT challenge, and if all else fails, LEAVE.

That's what happened to the FTs that have came to Singapore in the first place...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LHL & the MIW's reminds us of the traitors who let in the Japanese during the 1940's & was the indrect cause of the Nanjing massacre..

History is repeating itself...in the future we will have a SINgaporeans massacre....no more SINgaporeanS...no more SINS!!..all cleansed!!:p

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

85804e058230cccf.jpg

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Based on the quote " Never Underestimate Stupid People in Large Groups"

Now we have to decide,

1. Who are the stupid people?

2. Who are in Large Groups?

In this case, some incoming people as PR are not necessarily stupid...

However, it's true that PRship is growing yearly, last year was about close to 80,000 gaining PRship, and about 15,000 gain citizenship.

It's expected to be at least 15% growth for this year for PRship...

But could anyone in the Singapore Census how many SINGAPOREANS are truly leaving...FOR GOOD?

If the INPUT is much much greater than OUTPUT, then we have a population explosion....

anyways, I am just one small fry, talking cock, singing song...

inputting some entertaining info, as if it's going to do anything different.

sperminator.

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal

From my point of view, I think it is FAIR for the sons of those parents who have decided to become Singapore Citizens, whilst having their PRship in Singapore.

Thus, for those who temporarily only want to have PRship for some work, and other things, it'll be very UNFAIR for their sons to have NS...

So, I think it really depends on how you view this topic.

For me, I've served NS, and I really think it's a good thing to instill loyalty, to the singaporean male citizens.

But after serving NS to protect the nation's interest, I believe the Government should consider the son's of Singapore to have some form of benefits as well...

singaporeans would not leave singapore for no reason... when your life is filled with competition from Indian techies, Chinese accountants, Myanmar Construction Workers, Bangladeshi General Workers.... in Singapore, you are in competition with all these people....

why not consider upgrading Singaporeans? like you know, National Service have a huge purpose of protecting our nation.

how about having a FREE EDUCATION like university upgrading courses, just for Singaporeans??? and the government pay for it via tax payer's money...

and only for deserving people.

anyways, my 2 cents worth...

Singaporeans, should be given some kind of previlidge... else there is no reason to be a Singaporean...

Spermy

Finally a rational voice here. So many of u get too caught up with this NS ideal that u'all get deluded to think serving NS means anything. Of course its a sacrifice but you all are well compensated for it.

So stop thinking about how you can deprive PRs and new citizens and start soul searching into how you can improve yourselves.