• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Church collapses in Nepal, kills at least 23

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
TODAY, word full of disasters...please please pray for peace.
Devout Christians not spared and called to the Lord.

Church collapses in Nepal, kills at least 23
Posted: 30 September 2009 1209 hrs

KATHMANDU: A church building has collapsed in eastern Nepal, killing at least 23 people and injuring dozens more, police said Wednesday.

Around 1,500 Christians had gathered in the makeshift three-storey building for a two-day convention when it collapsed, they said.

"The participants were preparing to sleep when the wall collapsed. Most of the victims were on the ground floor of the building," police inspector Mohan Bikram Dahal told AFP.

"The wall was made of bamboo and it could not withstand the weight of the people in the church."

The temporary structure was built next to a concrete church.

Police said rescue teams were at the scene and the injured had been taken to hospitals in the town of Dharan, around 200 miles (322 kilometres) east of Kathmandu.

The army has been drafted in to assist with the rescue effort, they added.

Many of those attending the annual convention of the El-Shaddai Church, an international Christian organisation, were from neighbouring India, and police said at least one of the dead was an Indian national.

The incident happened as majority-Hindu Nepal celebrates its biggest annual festival, Dashain, and came months after a bomb blast in a church in Kathmandu killed two people and injured 14 others.

Accidents are common in poverty-stricken Nepal, where safety standards are lax and frequently ignored.

- AFP/yb

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
1500 people gathered only 23 died?

Thank you Lord Jesus!!

for those who are killed, may they sit beside you in heaven..

the rest who are injured, i pray you heal them soon!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8_EfDqF7YI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8_EfDqF7YI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you Lord Jesus!!

Why don't your God just take all those 1500 people to heaven? Why take only 23? Your God practice favouritism or something? Fuck God you have there.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey, u think their job is finished?

they still got to convert people like you mah!

it's not finished until Jesus 2nd coming okay...

by the way, since when a building collapse is natural disaster?

Fuck up logic you have there. Your God is a moron and you are an idiot. I pity your parents giving birth to an idiot like you.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck up logic you have there. Your God is a moron and you are an idiot. I pity your parents giving birth to an idiot like you.

sometimes it doesn't mean there's no logic to you, it's not true...

like good times, bad times, property prices still goes up?

surely this is true? :biggrin:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sometimes it doesn't mean there's no logic to you, it's not true...

like good times, bad times, property prices still goes up?

surely this is true? :biggrin:

Another screw up logic you have. Property price or any price go up and down due to supply and demand. Your God never teach you that?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When a building collapses, they try to find out why? Was it a bomb, gas pipe, engineer or architect error etc. When they can't find any explanation, they blame God. They call it an Act of God.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a building collapses, they try to find out why? Was it a bomb, gas pipe, engineer or architect error etc. When they can't find any explanation, they blame God. They call it an Act of God.

yeah lor, like science can easily explain earthquakes like that..

but why always Padang, and the other one in Java? what's da name?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah lor, like science can easily explain earthquakes like that..

but why always Padang, and the other one in Java? what's da name?

Earthquake zones on continents are on subterranean fault lines, e.g. California. Earthquake zones in Asia Pacific, e.g. Japan, Philippines, Indonesia etc. are because these are islands and archipalegos detached from continent and created from unstable volcanic lands in the first place.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earthquake zones on continents are on subterranean fault lines, e.g. California. Earthquake zones in Asia Pacific, e.g. Japan, Philippines, Indonesia etc. are because these are islands and archipalegos detached from continent and created from unstable volcanic lands in the first place.

how come the most populated are in those zones? :biggrin:

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you Lord Jesus!!

23 lives are not lives?

And there are still millions of idiots insisting that he is merciful.:biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
TeeKee are you ready for the second coming?

What if you die before Jesus come a second time?

Seems like Heaven and Hell just met here from a showdown.

hey, u think their job is finished?

they still got to convert people like you mah!

it's not finished until Jesus 2nd coming okay...

by the way, since when a building collapse is natural disaster?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
TeeKee are you ready for the second coming?

What if you die before Jesus come a second time?

Seems like Heaven and Hell just met here from a showdown.

okay, tell me how long is christ 2nd coming after my death? i dun think my death is really important, but i sure know where i'll be going..

the endtime is getting very near, looking at the increasing frequency of earthquakes and other disasters..

now are you ready?