• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NO REGRET Losing $270B, But Charge Poor Man Who Can't Pay S&C Charge. REVOLUTION!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Sep 30, 2009
ASSESSING TOWN COUNCILS

</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Focus on needs of residents, not profit

</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to last Thursday's report, 'Town councils to be assessed individually'.
I am 52 years old, and have been unemployed for the past 18 months. Before that, my earnings were fitful, especially after my business collapsed and I lost part of a leg to diabetes.
So, I fell behind in my service and conservancy (S&C) charges. The first time it happened, my town council, the Jalan Besar Town Council, took me to court.
The result: the arrears of $432 I owed for not paying a year's worth of S&C charges for my three-room flat ballooned to more than $1,000.
My new debt included court penalties and late payment charges.

=> Leegalized Ah Long indeed!

When I tried to settle subsequent S&C charges to avoid a fresh spiral of hefty penalties for non-payment, I was rejected. The town council ruled that I had to settle the old debt before I could pay the new charges.
Naturally, this led to more penalties as my fresh S&C arrears spiked. So, I am now some $3,000 in debt to my town council.
I have appealed to my Member of Parliament for help many times but the final reply invariably remained unchanged: pay up.
The spiral of debt a resident accumulates can be daunting because of the unremitting add-ons of penalties by which an unforgiving system of collection turns monthly arrears into substantial debt.
Town councils shouldn't be surprised if residents like myself, who face tough times, wonder why we aren't being helped via the excess revenue collected; revenue which is instead ploughed into loss-making investments.
Shouldn't any excess revenue be refunded to residents via rebates?
If town councils are keen to invest, set up a fund offering soft loans to residents to tide them over tough times and pay service and conservancy charges.
In fact, what's wrong with providing soft loans for subsidiary concerns of families, like private tuition, renovation or even a family holiday? So what if some of the loans go bad? Better to lose money by lending to residents than to banks whose only motive is profit.
Town councils should focus single-mindedly on helping residents, and not on making profit or squaring the bottom line.
Lim Beo Thiam

3953401592_86f7d42358.jpg
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>i used to consider myself a moderate in terms of politics...i thought the PAP did a good job and would have voted for them if my district didn't always have a walkover

but recently - and i don't think i am the only one - i find that they seem to have lost sight of the basic task of taking care of the citizens of the country

i find that their policies are seriously hurting singaporeans and for some reason, they really don't seem to care too much...they don't seem concerned about the basic bread-and-butter things like jobs, education and housing and seem more interested in printing books about themselves and glorifying themselves

why is that? maybe it has to do with the silver-spooned image of the PM or maybe it's the economic crisis...maybe it's the emergence of alternative online media (though these have been around even before these angst-filled years)...maybe its the recent flood of immigrants, which the govt doesnt seem quite capable of handling on the ground

i don't know, but i hope the PAP goes back to the more altruistic days of the past, when you knew they were in your corner, instead of now, where they seem more intent on hurting you and your family

Or else, i will vote for change
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: nicholas_lah at Wed Sep 30 11:53:33 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prima facie facts of case: he lost part of leg and unemployed (or rather unemployable); 52 years old; owed $432. PAP Town Council charged him in court and impose further penalties? That's real cold. Note, it's cold, even chilly, not cool.

He said he's in Jalan Besar Town Council area. Who's the MP who insisted he pay up or else get charged in court? Yacob Ibrahim? Heng Chee How? Lily Neo? Who?

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prima facie facts of case: he lost part of leg and unemployed (or rather unemployable); 52 years old; owed $432. PAP Town Council charged him in court and impose further penalties? That's real cold. Note, it's cold, even chilly, not cool.

He said he's in Jalan Besar Town Council area. Who's the MP who insisted he pay up or else get charged in court? Yacob Ibrahim? Heng Chee How? Lily Neo? Who?

Must be the woman who sent the Karang Guni to jail lah.

Lily Neo will pay the $432 out of her own pocket.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They dare to be blatant because they are confident of getting another 66% cause everything have already been "fixed".

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.jbtc.org.sg/global.html

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580><TBODY><TR><TD>JALAN BESAR </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
mp1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ back

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580><TBODY><TR><TD>KOLAM AYER </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
mp2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ back

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580><TBODY><TR><TD>WHAMPOA</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
mp3.jpg

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580><TBODY><TR><TD>KRETA AYER - KIM SENG </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
mp4.jpg

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580><TBODY><TR><TD>KAMPONG GLAM </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
mp5.jpg