• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plenty of fish in the sea

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/guide/story/0,4136,215077,00.html?

HED CHEF
Plenty of fish in the sea
By Hedy Khoo

September 28, 2009

NP_IMAGES_HED27.jpg

Clothes courtesy of River Island. Location courtesy of Kitchen Culture at Leng Kee Road. Hair and make-up by Helen Wong from Make Up For Ever Academy (Tel: 6333 0678) --TNP PICTURES: KUA CHEE SIONG, HEDY KHOO

SO you wait for Prince Charming to come and sweep you off your feet. In truth, you are more likely to meet trolls you may eventually wish to zap out of your life.

When a date or relationship does not work out quite as well as you might have expected, your friends often ply you with cliches like 'there are plenty of fish in the sea'.

The responsible thing to do is to release your wrong catch back into the murky depths it came from because frankly, with all this talk of overusing our planet's resources, you don't want to be guilty of depleting marine life further.

But on your next fishing trip, don't be too quick to dismiss puny little fish which end up in your net. You never know, they may have a few big fish friends among whom you may want to cast your line.

It's okay if your date isn't cute

As my cousin says, don't worry if the guy you are dating is not cute, he may have friends who are.

Personally, I don't quite fancy fishing. All that waiting and deciding what bait to use requires too much patience and effort.

Can those plastic pretty-coloured wriggly things really reel in the big boys? Are fish really that shallow, dumb, greedy or desperate?

I prefer to do my fishing off the supermarket shelves. No scaling and staring into sad fish eyes while you lop off their heads.

But do go for quality please.

Pay a higher price at the Japanese fresh seafood section and get a choice fillet of fresh cod for grilling.

Go at the right time, and you may see an unsuspecting promising human catch picking up his groceries.

Just be sure to check he has no small fry nearby or diapers in his shopping cart before you attempt to cast your net.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NP_IMAGES_HED27-I3J.jpg

Grilled cod with Enoki mushrooms

INGREDIENTS

1 slice of cod fillet, around 100g

1 tbsp mirin

2 tbsp teriyaki marinade

Side dish

100g Enoki mushrooms

1 clove of garlic, minced

1 tbsp oil

10g butter

METHOD

1. Preheat oven to 200 deg C for 10 minutes.

2. In the meantime, marinate cod in mirin and teriyaki mixture.

3. When oven is ready, place fish on oiled metal rack in roasting tray. Lower heat to 180 deg C. Place fish in oven for six minutes.

4. Turn fillet over and brush on the excess teriyaki and mirin mixture. Another six minutes and it's done.

5. While waiting for fish to be cooked, heat oil in a skillet. Add butter, then garlic. Before garlic starts browning, add mushrooms. Stir fry quickly for a minute or so. Serve on the side with the grilled cod.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... When a date or relationship does not work out quite as well as you might have expected, your friends often ply you with cliches like 'there are plenty of fish in the sea'. ...
dey wil oso tel u ...

no fish, prawn oso goot ...