• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie to have fewer FTrash? GE coming?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
After years of complains from local, at last they decided to do something to please Sinkie. Probably GE coming very soon?

S'pore to admit fewer foreigners

SINGAPORE will not continue bringing in as many foreigners as it has done in recent years, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said yesterday.

Many foreigners - more than 100,000 each year, mainly transient workers, but also including new citizens and permanent residents - had been imported in the last few years as the economy had been booming and needed more workers, he said.

But Singapore is not expected to grow at the same rate, so it will not admit foreigners at the same pace, he explained.

"We permitted the surge in recent years to respond to this extraordinary opportunity. We always knew that we couldn't sustain this inflow indefinitely," he said at the Nanyang Technological University Students' Union Ministerial Forum.

He was cognisant that the large inflow of foreigners has increasingly worried Singaporeans, who fear competition for jobs and societal changes posed by the newcomers.

But he reiterated Singapore's need for both foreign transient workers and immigrants. The workers take up jobs that are unpopular with Singaporeans, making it more viable for foreign firms to run here.

The immigrants shore up falling birth rates, and make the nation more entrepreneurial.

This can be seen in the case of Israel, which, despite a small population of seven million, has the most number of companies listed in the United States stock exchange after the US itself, because it took in talented immigrants, Mr Lee said.

"Over the long term, we need to bring in a continuing flow of immigrants," he added. "But we have to do it in a way which is mindful of how quickly our society can absorb and integrate the new arrivals, and to keep the tone of our society...We will adjust the inflows so that we will not dilute our national identity, or weaken our social cohesion."

He also cautioned young Singaporeans against being too relaxed and complacent, as this could lead to the nation regressing into "a relaxed, quiet kampung" again.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB, nt happy with being a relaxed, quiet kampung, want to keep importing FT for Fuck Trash?

I don't believe in Shit Times, so I don't believe when they say they want to import fewer FT. Besides, at worse they will import fewer for now, make Sinkies happy, then after GE import another 10 million. You know how PAP likes to tell lies.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bringing in Foreign immigrants is a must for S'pore to prosper but we must bring in from the correct sources,people from the same leagues like us : the far east or Europe or the States BUT NOT from dirt poor Africa,South Asia countries etc where they are not proven!!!!!

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bringing in Foreign immigrants is a must for S'pore to prosper but we must bring in from the correct sources,people from the same leagues like us : the far east or Europe or the States BUT NOT from dirt poor Africa,South Asia countries etc where they are not proven!!!!!

Agree,
not PRC crappy PDMM or some third rated indian FTs.

If there are 100 Jim Rogers, singkees should welcome them anytime.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bringing in Foreign immigrants is a must for S'pore to prosper but we must bring in from the correct sources,people from the same leagues like us ....

As long as the PAP is in power, cheap labour will continue to pour into Spore. Only way the PAP will re-evaluate their immigation policy is when there is more opposition in parliament.

Expect them to "fix " the opposition & elections to prevent this from happening:rolleyes:

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree,
not PRC crappy PDMM or some third rated indian FTs.

If there are 100 Jim Rogers, singkees should welcome them anytime.

Bro,my own opinion is PRC is ok,becos they are hard working and hungry,they will energise our already laid-back children!Pls note that Some of our neighbours are still living in the era of sitting under the coconut trees........
dreaming..

I travelled very often to China and everytime I am back to S'pore,it worries me that in not too distant,our children might migrate there becos they are growing so fast.............Trust me,u have to visit there to see.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore is always, newspaper and minister say one thing, on the ground, the police and law say another.