• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Complain to MOM, they bo hew lan!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Complain to MOM, they bo hew lan!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>Zhenzidan <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>6:42 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 6) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>20731.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Picked up this msg from The Online Citizen. Thought it may be of interset to all employees.

<!---->33) No Balls on September 5th, 2009 11.37 pm <!---->
This is my story about how MOM “helped” me.
I was working in this government linked company for more than a year when one day, a colleague complained to the management, claiming that I had committed an “irresponsible act”. The company terminated me without questioning me.
Imagine my anguish, when after returning from my lunch break, I was suddenly asked to report to the office but “pack your things first”. At the HR office, the letter of termination was just simply thrown to me with no further words spoken! Furious that I had been back-stabbed and the manner in which the termination was done, I tried vehemently to reason with them but their final reply was: We have the right to terminate you without reasons!
I approached the MOM for help and they arranged a meeting between my ex-company and me to settle the matter amicably, even though they(MOM) knew that I was compensated according to the Employment Act. Predictably, the meeting ended in a deadlock because the company’s representative went on to invent more accusations against me which I effectively rebutted by exposing the loopholes of his accusations, leaving him dumbfounded. Finally, both sides were asked to file our defence. I submitted mine only 3 days later but my ex-company submitted theirs 2 months later, this time, inventing more “offences” committed by me which were not mentioned at all during the meeting in MOM. More amazingly, they engaged a law firm to represent them, incurring costs of up to thousands of dollars from the company fund! This triggered an exchange of letters that went on for nearly one year and then the MOM stopped contacting me.
I wrote in to MOM several times but they never bothered to reply.
Finally, I approached my then MP, Mr Goh Chee Wee who then wrote to the MOM twice, but both letters were also ignored.
The case appeared to die a natural death, when months later, the then Manpower Minister, Dr Lee Boon Yang visited my constituency. I managed to raise this issue to him during the dialogue session with the residents and was told to “let me know the details”. I did not manage to hand my letter to him personally because his bodyguards stopped me and I could only do so on the following day, through my MP.
This time the MOM finally replied! Relief for me? You bet! In their reply, they turned around and accused me of making a false allegation against my company by saying “our investigations showed that you were contractually terminated and not wrongfully dismissed as alleged by you” an accusation which infuriated me further. Nevertheless they tried to play things down by saying that they “managed to persuade the company to offer you an ex-gratia $800 on a “goodwill” basis but without admitting that the termination was unlawful”. Naturally, I was unhappy and angry at the MOM’s false accusation against me. I requested an amount of $4,000 due to one year’s loss of CPF but if not, the company should at least retract their accusation against me. I did not mind even if they did not pay me anything. But even this was rejected.
Furious with the way MOM handled my case, I wrote in to voice my displeasure. The MOM responded by telling me that the Minister had ruled that the termination was justified and tried to close the case.
Furious at this ruling, I wrote to the Prime Minister’s Office. Predictably, the letter did not reach the intended person. It was redirected to MOM who replied evasively, each time resulting in me exposing the loopholes of their replies. Guess what happened? This exchange went on for a few more months until the MOM stopped replying me!
This was how MOM “helped

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple matter and yet he can't solve it. If he feels unjustly sacked, get a lawyer to sue the company. Luckily the company sacked him just after a year's of service - good riddance. Imagine just like a year's probation before confirmation of service and he is already challenging his company. I think a PRC or FT will be better than him any time!

fox_hound_33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple matter and yet he can't solve it. If he feels unjustly sacked, get a lawyer to sue the company. Luckily the company sacked him just after a year's of service - good riddance. Imagine just like a year's probation before confirmation of service and he is already challenging his company. I think a PRC or FT will be better than him any time!

I hope you are being sarcastic. The point of the article is not to ask for advice on how to fight a non-justifiable termination. Its more on the role MOM is supposed to fulfill, which it had failed to do. Of course i am assuming here that the author is saying the truth. There have been other reported incidents where MOM has blatantly refused to take punitive actions against offending companies. So, who knows..in the future you and i could also get victimized without justice.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope you are being sarcastic. The point of the article is not to ask for advice on how to fight a non-justifiable termination. Its more on the role MOM is supposed to fulfill, which it had failed to do. Of course i am assuming here that the author is saying the truth. There have been other reported incidents where MOM has blatantly refused to take punitive actions against offending companies. So, who knows..in the future you and i could also get victimized without justice.

If this person was a Fllipino, a People's Republic of China citizen, a Bangladeshi, etc...who reports this to their respective embassy.

MOM will walk the ocean & part the sea...to get it resolved, faster than flash Gordon...but you are a SINgaporean...forget it!.

Anyway....SINGAPOREANS deserve what they vote for...!!:rolleyes:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever wonder why name MOL is changed into MOM ? Even if u bashed the heads of sinkees ,stupid and ball-less sinkees still think the fake MIW will help u in times of crisis.MIW organisations such as NTUC,CDC,MOM etc serve more to serve the interests of the MIW than to serve the people.The tripartite body ( Govt,Union and Employer ) in Singapore is basically to suppress and oppress the rights and interests of the Singpore workers.If singaporeans still don't understand or refuse to understand this simple fact,they deserve to be whacked into pulp !

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ever wonder why name MOL is changed into MOM ? Even if u bashed the heads of sinkees ,stupid and ball-less sinkees still think the fake MIW will help u in times of crisis.MIW organisations such as NTUC,CDC,MOM etc serve more to serve the interests of the MIW than to serve the people.The tripartite body ( Govt,Union and Employer ) in Singapore is basically to suppress and oppress the rights and interests of the Singpore workers.If singaporeans still don't understand or refuse to understand this simple fact,they deserve to be whacked into pulp !

Amen, brother!. The SINgapore workers have no rights, no respect & no voice. All they get are fascilities for them to spend their hard earned money, in the name of providing welfare.

Most never bothered to question anymore, they assumed that everything for them had been taken care of...till they are in DIrE straits and when they realize that....they are already drowning in the deep blue sea.

The writer, showcase the sad case of an average SINgapore workers...most likely part of the 66.6% ( work for GLC's..so, what do you expect).

You get, what one vote for, & agree to...what to do, it had already happened..let's move on..

Hate to say this....they deserve it!:mad:

Forgot to add, when these people are having a time of their life, they will praise the same organization & government they enjoyed getting to high heavens, and sneer at the oppositions, who may or may not give them an alternative voice. The same will condem the oppositions as clown, nitwits, numbskulls..and so forth.

Who is laughing now...

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
working with a company is two ways. company must find you suitable and you must find the company suitable. if one side heart change, the relationship end. there is no need to further persuit what's right/wrong.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
.. by saying “our investigations showed that you were contractually terminated and not wrongfully dismissed as alleged by you” an accusation which infuriated me further.

my guess is he is a contract staff. this pple can be let off very easily.