• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's ISD Is The Most Respected Intelligence Agency In Asia

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
ISD continues to strike fear into the minds of would-be and actual terrorists. ISD has thwarted numerous hijack and bombing attempts. ISD was also the agency that exposed the JI network in Asia and dismantle this terrorist organization. I have full confidence in the ISD.

PM Lee confident ISD will prove itself again amid new challengesBy Valarie Tan, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 08 September 2008 1914 hrs

SINGAPORE : Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is confident the country's Internal Security Department (ISD) will prove itself again, especially in light of new security challenges, like those arising from the influx of foreigners into Singapore.

He is also confident that the department will get over the escape of Jemaah Islamiyah detainee, Mas Selamat Kastari.

Mr Lee was speaking at the ISD's 60th anniversary dinner recently.

Singapore's society has become more diverse, with the influx of immigrants, foreign workers and students.

Mr Lee said the ISD will have to be watchful that foreign intelligence agencies do not use this inflow to smuggle in agents, to blend into Singapore's society and be activated later on.

The department will also have to ensure that the foreign communities do not engage in problems of their home countries.

The ISD came under the spotlight in February 2008 when Mas Selamat escaped from the Whitley Road Detention Centre, due to a security lapse.

But Mr Lee said he is confident that ISD is a "competent outfit, well respected by friends and adversaries, even after Mas Selamat's escape." He added that the department "will get over the setback and prove (yourselves) again."

Mr Lee's speech was only released about a week later on Monday, which reflects the undercover role of ISD officers. This point was also mentioned in Mr Lee's speech.

He said ISD officers' identities, once leaked, could also cause harm to their families. However, the officers are willing to take risks for the overall good of the country. - CNA/ms

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ISD continues to strike fear into the minds of would-be and actual terrorists.

Correction, ISD continues to strike fear into the minds of Sinkies.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure tell that to Mas Selamat who has been overseas in the last 7 months. I'm sure he would agree with you. In fact he might even laugh with you.

:p :wink:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's ISD Is The Most Respected Intelligence Agency In Asia

<HR style="COLOR: #989898; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #989898" SIZE=1>
ISD continues to strike fear into the minds of would-be and actual terrorists. ISD has thwarted numerous hijack and bombing attempts. ISD was also the agency that exposed the JI network in Asia and dismantle this terrorist organization. I have full confidence in the ISD.

PM Lee confident ISD will prove itself again amid new challenges

That's pure arrogance and bullshits, you dolt. They let a terrorist just simply breakout or should I say walkout of captivity and till now dont even know where he is, perhaps still believing that the fugitive had not left singgiland. Until he's captured and locked away, they better be afraid and be very afraid that a return hit is not coming its way. Should that ever happens, their complacency will never be forgiven. It'll be their blood people will be screaming for, believe me.:p

Cheers.:biggrin:

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's pure arrogance and bullshits, you dolt. They let a terrorist just simply breakout or should I say walkout of captivity and till now dont even know where he is, perhaps still believing that the fugitive had not left singgiland. Until he's captured and locked away, they better be afraid and be very afraid that a return hit is not coming its way. Should that ever happens, their complacency will never be forgiven. It'll be their blood people will be screaming for, believe me.:p

Do you know how the terrorist escaped? He took the uniform of the bangla worker, and just walked straight out! That was during his toilet break while guarded by the gurka's.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
can't u guys all see the PM Lee is trying to connect to the masses by telling a joke..:biggrin:

PM Lee : ISD is the most respected IA in asia..

ISD Chief : KNN, PM Lee suaning me again..

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
if our ISD is really so good...we would have caught those terrorist filming yishun MRT. No need to wait until the US found the tape during the WAR and pass it back to singapore.

If our ISD is so good, the guy would not have escape and now still in some land relaxing laughing at us.

so is our ISD good?

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know how the terrorist escaped? He took the uniform of the bangla worker, and just walked straight out! That was during his toilet break while guarded by the gurka's.

Unfortunately I dont know. There was a so called inquiry that lacks transparency, it was hush hush.:( If it was like what you've said then the whole security system is nothing but a derison, a joke.:p Infact I believe they dont even know eaxctly how he looks like, he walks or he limps to freedom while the gurkhas guards the toilet.:p

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
can't u guys all see the PM Lee is trying to connect to the masses by telling a joke..:biggrin:

PM Lee : ISD is the most respected IA in asia..

ISD Chief : KNN, PM Lee suaning me again..

Well, he certainly can joke but not everyone is laughing. Condoning complacency is one thing while allowing security lapse or breach is quite another.:p

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got it from one of the ppl working there. Cant reveal the name or what he does for obvious reasons. Basicsly Mas took one of the overalls lying around, a cap, wore it and WALKED past 2 gurkhas guarding the toilet ( they were standing outside the toilet for some reason) while they were waiting for him to take a crap. They only realised something was wrong 2 hours later!!

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got it from one of the ppl working there. Cant reveal the name or what he does for obvious reasons. Basicsly Mas took one of the overalls lying around, a cap, wore it and WALKED past 2 gurkhas guarding the toilet ( they were standing outside the toilet for some reason) while they were waiting for him to take a crap. They only realised something was wrong 2 hours later!!

so that means he didn't climb out via the window as what they claimed...

that means the entire report was fabricated...:eek::eek::eek:

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal

hard to believe it just wore a overall and walk out......

2 hours to take a crap .....

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
AHh well, he did go to the toilet, besides come on man, any idiot will tell you nobody builds a toilet like that! The toilet looks custom built for escape, and the story was too crazy as well!

They only knew about the overalls cos one of the banglas complained his overall was missing. IF not for that, the gurkhas will still be waiting for him to take a shit!

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
if our ISD is really so good...we would have caught those terrorist filming yishun MRT. No need to wait until the US found the tape during the WAR and pass it back to singapore.

If our ISD is so good, the guy would not have escape and now still in some land relaxing laughing at us.

so is our ISD good?

Precisely. If not for the americans, I believe they dont even know that singgiland was actually also a target marked for destruction.:o

The indonesians handed over this guy and ISD took over to hold him but failed. They are not only no good but poor and incompetent.:o

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Respected by whom? Phantom yes-men? Or those under the ISD payroll? If WKS was to wake up from his hallucinations, the public in general dont have to look far if they want a stage comedy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he walks or he limps to freedom while the gurkhas guards the toilet.:p

Ehh?? I think he only limps only when he's walking but doesn't limp when he's running???

Its not fair to blame the gurkhas lah. Mas is a hardened terrorist while the Gurkha only have experience guarding the old mans house & Sinkie prisoners.:biggrin: