• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

American companies worry about rising costs

sally

Alfrescian
Loyal
69 per cent expect housing costs to increase while 95 per cent expect the cost of living to increase.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=padlrt8 colSpan=2>Rising cost of living worries US firms based here <!-- headline one : end -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 bold" colSpan=2>Cost of housing and inflation key concerns among senior executives</TD></TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Nicholas Fang
</TD></TR><TR><TD class="georgia11 padcell8" colSpan=2><!-- more than 7 paragraphs --><!-- story content : start -->
SINGAPORE'S rising cost of living continues to be a major concern for American companies doing business here, according to a new survey.

The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham) conducted its Business Outlook Survey for the year last month and it showed that a growing number of US firms are concerned about inflation.

Respondents to the survey, which is into its seventh year, comprised AmCham members who are senior executives working with a firm held by, or with, an American interest.
According to the survey, which received responses from 130 AmCham members here and 535 throughout the region, 74 per cent of the respondents here said they are dissatisfied with office lease costs.

This compares with 45 per cent last year, said AmCham acting executive director Andrew Benbow yesterday.
<!-- show media links starting at 7th para -->'Costs of living and housing are major concerns for most respondents in Singapore,' he said at a press conference. 'Not a single respondent expects the cost of living...to decrease this year, whereas 69 per cent expect housing costs to increase while 95 per cent expect the cost of living to increase.'
More people expect the world economy to fare worse this year.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/STIStory_260314.html?vgnmr=1

bebo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you read about other thread on 3 room in woodlands for $3.5K a month?

Can't blame the Americans.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, not just the americans are worry about rising cost.... as a singaporean, i used to think i have enough to survive until i die.... nowadays i worry that inflation may just erode that dream.

This is further aggrevated by the fact that investment environment is so unstable these days, i cannot fully invest my retirement funds, to stay in line with inflations.

with more foreigners coming to our shore, some how or rather, i would expect the property (which is a big part of most of our expenditures) is going to increase accordingly. So for people who are not working anymore, we ain't going to get compensated with a higher pay. ie retirement fund has to be invested to be in line with inflation.... but investment arena may gobble up my retirement funds...

Its a chicken and egg thing. Really, the only way to help is that globally the governments put their hands together to arrest the inflationary problem. Otherwise, very soon you will see my cleaning table at macdonalds....

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
why did you think that the aussie don't like the asians?

the very simple reason is because we go there an shore up their housing prices....and Asian being asian... shore up those houses in the school zone. Houses in school zone is at least 15% higher than outside school zone. And they could be only 10m apart. Not only that, good public schools are occupied by asians, leaving their kids nowhere to go except crappy schools.