• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If FORBES Publish This Letter, I Guarantee They Will Be SUED!!!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jaslyn Go. whoever you are , try harder.

BTW, got photo of who this Jaslyn Go anyone?

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td nowrap="nowrap"> Ng F-Jay
user_offline.gif
<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_295359", true); </script>
Alfrescian
</td> <td width="100%"> </td> <td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"> Join Date: May 2009
<fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>My Reputation:</legend> Points: 74 / Power: 4
reputation_pos.gif
</fieldset>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- / user info --> <!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Lamei the cheating wife complaint to Forbes
<hr style="color: rgb(152, 152, 152); background-color: rgb(152, 152, 152);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> My Letter to Forbes on World Most Powerful Women

World’s Most Powerful Women
Thursday, 20 August, 2009 4:43 PM

To:
[email protected]

Dear Forbes,

I refer to your article on World’s Most Powerful Women.

I am especially disturbed by Forbes’s ranking of Mdm Ho Ching CEO of Temasek Holdings, Singapore at no. 5.

I understand that the criteria is based not on popularity but on the management of countries or big companies. I also understand that the rankings are based on press visibility and size of country/company.

It is true that Temasek Holdings is a large company that has a portfolio of approximately US$135 billion. However the losses that Mdm Ho incurred in from March to November 2008 was almost US$40 billion http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124350003544761935.html

And that is just what the public is told. The actual figure may even be more as it is a known fact that Temasek Holdings is a non-transparent entity. There is absolutely no accountability to the public. http://multimedia.asiaone.com/Multim...0730-7422.html

Even the reason for the sudden change in leadership (the exit of Charles Goodyear) cannot and will not be explained to the public.
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com.m...lden-handshake

Let’s also not forget the controversial purchase of Shin Corp run by former PM Thaksin. That transaction was by no means a small contributor to the unrest in Thailand and the eventual ousting of Mr. Thaksin.

As to press visibility, the world must understand that Singapore is not a democratic society. My country is run by an authoritarian regime under Lee Kuan Yew who although is 86, is still the man in control of the city-state. I’m sure Forbes knows that Mdm Ho is the wife of his prime minister-son, Hsien Loong

The media, judiciary, law enforcement and all public institutions are controlled by the ruling-party, if not by Lee senior himself.

Singapore’s media is ranked 144 out of 173 countries by Reporters Without Borders in 2008.http://www.rsf.org/en-classement794-2008.html The Chairman of the Singapore Press Holdings is none other than the ruling party stalwart, Tony Tan who is also our Deputy Prime Minister. All press coverage — print, telecast and broadcast — is controlled by the State, and by extension Mdm Ho Ching’s husband and father-in-law. How can then press coverage in this case be a fair assessment?

Non-local media such as Asian Wall Street Journal and Far Eastern Economic Review were fined for contempt of court and sued for defamation respectively
http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...20311620080822

I am confident that Forbes had done thorough research on each of these women on the Most Powerful list. However, I am dismayed that Forbes could rank someone with the background and track record like Mdm Ho Ching 5th on the list.

Sincerely,
Jaslyn Go
Singapore

noname

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Let’s also not forget the controversial purchase of Shin Corp run by former
>> PM Thaksin. That transaction was by no means a small contributor to the
>> unrest in Thailand and the eventual ousting of Mr. Thaksin.

So Ho Ching contributed to the unrest in a country and brought down its prime minister? If that is not powerful, then what is?

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho JInx should be No.1.
Which other powerful woman can lose so much money yet still holding on the position? Even the no.1 in Germany, I believe there will be protest all over the country.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the ranking is correct. Ho Ching is POWERFUL. She answers to no one except LKY. The list says nothing about honest or good management.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I don't quite get the message that Jaslyn wants to get across...What has the media ranking of Singapore got to do with Ho Ching being named as one of the most powerful woman in the world? Still don't get it.

Goh Meng Seng

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear GMS

Sigh she is a women and she is arguing like a women.

1. Clear absence of logic but high degree of emotion.
2. Doesn't matter the issue you are always wrong
3. If you are correct see rule 2.
4. Anything you did wrong , no matter what you did wrong, when you did wrong is linked and makes you liable for any wrong committed today. If you disagree please refer to rule 2.

Useful rules to browbeat, henpeck husbands and bfs with, but I doubt that rule works with the PAP.

QED

Locke

ozeman

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey locke

first you are a pap balls carrier. now you are a sexist! your parents must be very proud of you. sure, i am certain that your mum is devoid of any sense of logic. no sensible woman would dare bore a son like you. hahahaa..............

Sigh she is a women and she is arguing like a women.

1. Clear absence of logic but high degree of emotion.
2. Doesn't matter the issue you are always wrong
3. If you are correct see rule 2.
4. Anything you did wrong , no matter what you did wrong, when you did wrong is linked and makes you liable for any wrong committed today. If you disagree please refer to rule 2.

Useful rules to browbeat, henpeck husbands and bfs with, but I doubt that rule works with the PAP.

QED

Locke[/QUOTE]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
>>Let’s also not forget the controversial purchase of Shin Corp run by former
>> PM Thaksin. That transaction was by no means a small contributor to the
>> unrest in Thailand and the eventual ousting of Mr. Thaksin.

So Ho Ching contributed to the unrest in a country and brought down its prime minister? If that is not powerful, then what is?

can i put it this way ....powerful lan jiao lan ....:wink:

j0hnboy_sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jaslyn Go. whoever you are , try harder.

I am confident that Forbes had done thorough research on each of these women on the Most Powerful list. However, I am dismayed that Forbes could rank someone with the background and track record like Mdm Ho Ching 5th on the list.

Sincerely,
Jaslyn Go
Singapore

the whole thing is wrong. How did a man get on the most powerful list of women

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to disagree. Its a terrible letter. The only thing going for it is that the proof reading was done well.

Its similar to the letters that we tend to see as of late from females especially FT Indian housewives with good grasp of english but no clue about the context or the realities. A contemporary female in singapore or a 1st world housewife would not be caught dead writing in this manner.

Power does not equate to merit, qualifications, achievements etc. Neither does it arise from achieving those qualities. If Irene Ng, the neighbourhood joss stick vendor or even Jaslyn Goh herself is head of temasek and married to LHL and created all the same disasters that Ho Ching has done, they too will make the Forbes list. Its does show power. One must also remember that power does not have to carry a positive connotation. Osama is also powerful so are organised crime bosses.

The part on the press, regalistic rule of the family and govt has no bearing on Forbes. So are the points on the prostitute local press.

Its a tremendously shallow article but it looks like the empress in this case has no clothes but people around her are telling otherwise. She probably has no clue what this means.

hey locke

first you are a pap balls carrier. now you are a sexist! your parents must be very proud of you. sure, i am certain that your mum is devoid of any sense of logic. no sensible woman would dare bore a son like you. hahahaa..............

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to disagree. Its a terrible letter. The only thing going for it is that the proof reading was done well.

Singapore’s media is ranked 144 out of 173 countries by Reporters Without Borders in 2008.http://www.rsf.org/en-classement794-2008.html The Chairman of the Singapore Press Holdings is none other than the ruling party stalwart, Tony Tan who is also our Deputy Prime Minister.

This is considered a good proofread? All things considered it was a letter that barks up the wrong tree.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her arguments are very amateurish and coffeshop-talk type.

BUT....

Even if she is standing against the MIW in this coming Erections, most Singaporeans will still vote for her against a Ministar.

People of Singapore are just too Tulan with the MIWs. No amount of money given before the Erections will help this time around.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the author of the letter is confused about the meaning of powerful. The Forbes list is about powerful women, NOT competent women. Temasek definitely have enough money and connections to influence certain major companies/industries hence Powerful

Her argument is about Ho Ching making huge losses which has nothing to do with being powerful rather it has a lot to do with whether she is competent in her job. Doing badly in her job doesn't take away the fact that Temasek still remains pretty rich hence by extension, Ho Chin remains powerful. Let me state some other examples of powerful but incompetent e.g. George W Bush
Former most powerful president on Earth during his term in office, he invaded the wrong country, losing many lives and even more money; was partly to blame for the current economy crisis.

Empress Cixi
Cause the downfall of the Qing Empire

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its similar to the letters that we tend to see as of late from females especially FT Indian housewives with good grasp of english but no clue about the context or the realities. A contemporary female in singapore or a 1st world housewife would not be caught dead writing in this manner.

Power does not equate to merit, qualifications, achievements etc. Neither does it arise from achieving those qualities. If Irene Ng, the neighbourhood joss stick vendor or even Jaslyn Goh herself is head of temasek and married to LHL and created all the same disasters that Ho Ching has done, they too will make the Forbes list. Its does show power. One must also remember that power does not have to carry a positive connotation. Osama is also powerful so are organised crime bosses.

The part on the press, regalistic rule of the family and govt has no bearing on Forbes. So are the points on the prostitute local press.

Its a tremendously shallow article but it looks like the empress in this case has no clothes but people around her are telling otherwise. She probably has no clue what this means.

while Jaslyn may be amateurish and unsophisticated, at least she stands up for her beliefs.

you? nothing but an armchair critic, talking like you're some big shot. perhaps you are in real life, but here, you are just another moniker farting tru your arse. you represent all that is wrong with Singaporeans.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Ok perhaps my health warning was not to clear. She may be a misguided idiot IMHO, but nevertheless her language and insinuations are very much over the line when it comes to defamation in Singapore. Granted I may be one of those who advocates avoiding lawsuits, and that she is from the fearless and brave and morally upright and beyond reproach camp, but knowing how they operate, fearless without thought or consideration of consequence until the shit hits the fan and the PAP being rich enough as it is. Well lets just see what happens when the letter from LEE and LEE hits them, then it will seprate the women from the blustery kids.

She is I believe already an SDP member, a pretty active one, and if she stands and makes the same ill considered statements as she has in that letter, well she needs a warning to think true how far she is willing to go in following Chee's sister and in the charge of the Chee Brigade. I may not agree or like her and I believe the feeling is mutual, but I believe LEE and LEE are busy and rich enough

Locke

Last edited: