• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2bfree2b

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi 2b, for bayou water village I hear from the sales rep all the remaining units are booked up. They still have a few units left but this will come with ID package and they will charge for it. so it depends on your needs I guess. The interior usable built up is 1477sq ft. I think people will say small! I say just nice haha.

1477 sqf is indeed just nice.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im on a diet too.

Doing a bit of the cross trainer, walking and eating less food.

Yet the kilos are piling on and moving into the obesse range.

Help!!!:(:(:(:(:(

Your stairscase is a very good exercise equipment. Will go back to it after I move. Am also putting on weight now. You just need 1 step up, 1 step down, then exchange leg. Keep repeating. Do it with good music. Talk to the children at the same time. Time pass very fast. Fun too!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually difficult to reduce food in take as well. How do you do it? My will power not that strong!

Feel hungry like crazy.

How to lose weight like that?

I am doing the cross trainer at home on days that i can manage to find time. First thought that distance was important now realised distance, time and intensity are important.

Hiya.....

My fat bod needs to lose mass....

Your stairscase is a very good exercise equipment. Will go back to it after I move. Am also putting on weight now. You just need 1 step up, 1 step down, then exchange leg. Keep repeating. Do it with good music. Talk to the children at the same time. Time pass very fast. Fun too!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually difficult to reduce food in take as well. How do you do it? My will power not that strong!

Feel hungry like crazy.

I am doing the cross trainer at home on days that i can manage to find time. First thought that distance was important now realised distance, time and intensity are important.

Hiya.....

actually AP u might be interested to try this: chew slowly n eat slower. Body is wired to feel full only ~ 20 minutes after the stomach has reached capacity. If you take you time, you'll feel full earlier and corresponding reduce intake.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
on a separate note, do any of u have lobang for nice knock off designer furniture in JB? I am looking for the barcelona chair and verner pantoon S chair. I found a KL company on the net with branches only in KL...

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear forummers I will be taking the plunge in getting an abode =) in jb. Nd help in pointing me in the best way to remit the 10% deposit. Any plce in spore that can give the best rate to remit? Isit safe n reliable? Or isit beter to change and physically deposit into the developer account? Any advise is very much appreciated .

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal

PLEASE check with a qualified doc on this: everyone 25 years ago took the stairs for the exercise value, and today most of them have terrible problems with their knees. One girlfriend, and the most diligent of us all in taking the stairs even tho it was 16 storeys up and down sometimes, is walking with great difficulty now, at 62. No justice in this.

Simple formula on weight loss: NO sugar, very low carbs [yes, that means almost no rice/bread/noodles/prata], daily moderate exercise [45 mins of walking], LOTS of green veg [preferably raw like timun and lettuce], plenty of water, less sweet fruit eg papaya, stop snacking on rubbish [pisang goreng, chocolates, karna, epok-epok etc], enough sleep.
Don't you know all this already??
If you do all that, is life still worth living???

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the nice write up. Yes its a damn simple formula.

But then is life really worth it after all this?

BTW u forgot to add doses of liquor that just adds that lil bit of xtra spice to life.:biggrin::biggrin:

Simple formula on weight loss: NO sugar, very low carbs [yes, that means almost no rice/bread/noodles/prata], daily moderate exercise [45 mins of walking], LOTS of green veg [preferably raw like timun and lettuce], plenty of water, less sweet fruit eg papaya, stop snacking on rubbish [pisang goreng, chocolates, karna, epok-epok etc], enough sleep.
Don't you know all this already??
If you do all that, is life still worth living???

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knee replacement surgery??

I used to occassionally do 17 floors.

Yes a lil bit of discomfort in the knees. Doc said no jogging/tennis/badminton.

Ended up listening to the doc and piling on the kilos.

So now bought a cross trainer. Does not hurt the knees at all. But not sure what research says on that score?

PLEASE check with a qualified doc on this: everyone 25 years ago took the stairs for the exercise value, and today most of them have terrible problems with their knees. One girlfriend, and the most diligent of us all in taking the stairs even tho it was 16 storeys up and down sometimes, is walking with great difficulty now, at 62.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beware of JB 'syringe robber'
AsiaOne Mon, May 02, 2011

THE old AIDS stunt is back as robbers in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, attempt to rob Singaporeans.

A Stomp contributor, known only as Tommi, said that a man approached him with a syringe and demanded money from him at a Johor Bahru petrol kiosk earlier today (May 2).

The small-built man, who was approximately 40 years old, told Tommi that he was infected with AIDS, and that the syringe was filled with his blood. He threatened to jab Tommi with the syringe if the latter did not give in to his demands.

Tommi's friend, who had encountered the same robber, handed over 100 ringgit ($41) to the robber when he fell victim to the man.

The Stomp contributor was approached by the man when he got into his car and was about to close the door. The man repeated his threats with the syringe, but before he could proceed further, Tommi slammed his door against the man's head and kicked him, before shutting his car door shut. Tommi also sounded his horn to attract attention.

The robber stood up and walked off calmly, and Tommi escaped unharmed.

Similar robberies involving syringe-wielding men targetting Singaporeans visiting Johor Bahru had occurred in the past.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been doing this since 20 something. No problem for me. Even though with children and couldn't take time off to workout, I improvise and do it on staircase outside my flat. One thing you have to get a nice pair of shoe for exercise. I stopped to do this 2 year ago, after my eye operation which doctor had advice me not to exercise. Weight have been going north eversince. I think I'll go back to doing this after I move house.

[video=youtube;4equuONDfks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4equuONDfks&feature=related[/video]

Feel hungry like crazy.

Hiya.....

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has contacts for galvanized steel racks for storage purpose..

Previously bot them from thianlee but is there any local eqivalent?
http://www.thianlee.com.sg/pro.htm

Thx

I remember the hardware shop at Setia Tropika's Livistonia square sells them. You make the measurements. They will make it and send it to you. The shop is the one which faces the road that leads to Setia's sale office. Im not familiar with Nusajaya's side so no comment on that.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon me, but wat is GRR scheme? Actually, I find that this location quite good becos it is quite near to CIQ. I dont mind staying there. But still abit skeptical abt this part of JB city. It seems that ksl city condo comes with a 4 tier security. Sounds impressive. It might be an alternative for me since most of the condo developments in Nusajaya will be only completed in a few years.....And most of it are booked.

Yep, this place is ideal for people staying or working in the east, centre and of north of Singapore due to close approximity to the causeway. Also shopping centre below and convinence to everywhere in JB. Food and ammenities are aplenty to choose from. Thumb up for this!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like it's till pretty bare now. Can't wait for everything it to be complete. Then we'll see a more vibrant JB.

managed to dig out recent video tour of iskandar projects on youtube in various state of finish. enjoy!
[video=youtube;WYwEjv8YFig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwEjv8YFig[/video]

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 2c here.

I had mentioned sometime back in one of my earlier postings that Causeway will remain the primary conduit between Spore and Malaysia.

I still stand by it firmly. There is no way any other linkway between Spore and Johore can be as successful as Causeway. This is in terms of the sheer numbers of vehicular traffic and ofcourse commerce (inter country trade) as well.

Now with the Coastal Highway up and running soon there will be more traffic at Causeway. Thats my guess. Why? Simply because its easier to get into Spore via Causeway.

As it is there is traffic from Bukit Indah side that uses Causeway to get into Spore. I suspect the traffic will only get heavier when the Coastal Highway is up and running.

Yep, this place is ideal for people staying or working in the east, centre and of north of Singapore due to close approximity to the causeway. Also shopping centre below and convinence to everywhere in JB. Food and ammenities are aplenty to choose from. Thumb up for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.