• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who wants to be a millionaire??

Gillette

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call 1800-262-6473 or the Police at 999 to join the game now!!

Players may also use these help options:
1. Poll the audience.
2. Phone a friend.
3. 50-50.

----------------------------------------

S$1m reward for information leading to capture of Mas Selamat

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/361681/1/.html

21 July 2008 1440 hrs (SST)

SINGAPORE - A cash reward of S$1 million is being offered for information leading to the apprehension of Mas Selamat inside or outside Singapore.

Deputy Prime Minister and Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng revealed this in Parliament on Monday in response to a question on fugitive JI leader Mas Selamat.

The million dollar reward was put up by two private individuals who had approached the Home Affairs Ministry.

Mr Wong said the individuals had asked the ministry to operationalise their proposal because they wished to remain anonymous to protect themselves, families or business interests in the region from becoming a target of retaliation.

The House was also reminded that the Singapore Police Force, as a policy, does not offer cash rewards for information on fugitives and unsolved crimes,
or for assistance from the public.

However, the authorities do not object if private corporations and individuals wish to offer cash reward - as a labour-supply company and a non-government organisation did in March, offering S$50,000 and S$5,000 respectively for information on Mas Selamat.

On the whereabouts of Mas Selamat, the DPM Wong said that up till now, Singapore's security agencies have not received any information from their Indonesian counterparts to confirm that the JI fugitive is hiding in Indonesia.

Neither has domestic intelligence shown that the Singapore JI leader has left the country.

"We obviously cannot dismiss the possibility that Mas Selamat could have managed to escape Singapore for another country. Singapore is not a fortress" added Mr Wong.

However, if Mas Selamat had escaped abroad, DPM Wong said Singapore will work with the relevant foreign counterparts to track him down and bring him back into custody in Singapore.

Parliament was told that given the time since Mas Selamat's escape, the scenario of the fugitive harboured by sympathisers inside or outside Singapore must logically be treated as increasingly plausible. However, there is no intelligence at present to substantiate it, said Mr Wong.

With a S$1 million reward in place, the two anonymous businessmen who offered the cash are hoping for some breakthrough.

"Whatever you say, S$1 million is an eye-catcher, and I hope some people will respond to it and give information to capture the fellow," said the 50-something businessman who is offering part of the reward.

Describing himself as a "good citizen" who is not in it for the publicity, the international trading and consultancy businessman said he decided to be part of the S$1 million reward scheme after being told of it by his friend.

"Actually, I didn’t really give the matter much thought because I sincerely believe that sooner or later, the government will catch Mas Selamat. But when I learnt from my friend of the proposal to give a reward to help catch the man, I thought it was a good idea."

The friend, a businessman with regional interests and investments, said he was motivated by respect for members of the Home Team and the kind of work they put in.

"Singapore has been good to me and my family. I have lived in many places but there is no place safer for my family than in this country," he said.

The businessman, who is in his forties, also revealed that he had long nursed the idea of offering a reward for the capture of Mas Selamat.

"I have thought about it before, but I decided to do something now because after 5 months, it is clear that the authorities are not making much headway," he said. "I hope my cash reward will generate the breakthrough they need."

Members of the public with information on Mas Selamat can call the Counter Terrorism Centre hotline at 1800-262-6473 or the Police at 999. All information received will be kept confidential and will be verified and investigated.

- CNA/yb/sf

tommy

Alfrescian
Loyal
A cash reward of S$1 million is being offered for information leading to the apprehension of Mas Selamat inside or outside Singapore.

I won't be surprise to see some malay claiming the reward some time in future...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would rather the escape to keep it this way as MAS Selamat has outdone any singaporeans in shaming the Govt. This sort of things will throw away the face of the sg govt that has show the world of their famous safety top ranking. Imagine the indo trusted the lock up to Sg and what happen now. ha ha ha.

He even show it clearly that when problem arises, the top will protect their balls with all sort of way while punishing the staffs below. Such shameful behavior is revealed to all.

I would love to shake the hand of Mas Selamat and wish him to keep himself free for as long as he can.

monkey4

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would rather the escape to keep it this way as MAS Selamat has outdone any singaporeans in shaming the Govt. This sort of things will throw away the face of the sg govt that has show the world of their famous safety top ranking. Imagine the indo trusted the lock up to Sg and what happen now. ha ha ha.

He even show it clearly that when problem arises, the top will protect their balls with all sort of way while punishing the staffs below. Such shameful behavior is revealed to all.

I would love to shake the hand of Mas Selamat and wish him to keep himself free for as long as he can.

bro tonychat, I concurred, I concurred. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

southwest

Alfrescian
Loyal
The million dollar reward was put up by two private individuals who had approached the Home Affairs Ministry.

These two private individuals are truly mysterious. Split evenly, that giving away $500K. Who would give that much money? Our PAP ministers who have millions of dollars accumulated in their bank account do not see it fit to donate. Did MHA contribute the $1 million and find it too shameful to own up it did after 5 months? They then cook up this two private individuals story and make them anonymous so that no one will uncover their secret?

aakumu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,
I will call the police for free, sorry my brother was a victim in a bombing in Jakarta s few yesrs back.

My humble two cents.