• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Most Singaporeans are a satisfied lot

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20090817-161471.html

Most Singaporeans are a satisfied lot

BY JOY FANG

SINGAPOREANS are satisfied with their lives, even though they are less contented than other Asians, a regional survey showed.

In advertising firm Grey Group Asia Pacific's study on consumer attitudes, 63 per cent of 504 Singaporeans surveyed said that they were very or somewhat satisfied with their lives.

Singapore ranked ninth on the satisfaction scale out of 16 countries surveyed. Sri Lanka topped the list with 93 per cent, while Taiwan took the last spot with only 28 per cent.

In its fourth year, the study polled more than 8,000 people aged 18 to 65 from Asia-Pacific countries, via e-mail or face-to-face interviews between last December and January.

One satisfied Singaporean, insurance executive Jean Tan, 26, said: 'I have a supportive family and a roof over my head provided by my Government, and a group of loving friends with whom I can be my real self. So, I'm happy.'

But Singaporeans' outlook for the future was more pessimistic than that of most people from neighbouring countries.

Asked if the future would be better than the past, only 65 per cent agreed, making Singapore the fourth-most-pessimistic country. China and Sri Lanka tied for being themost optimistic, with 94 per cent each.

Only 24 per cent of Singaporeans are more contented now than 12 months ago, down from last year's 31 per cent.

And only 17 per cent saw their finances improving, down from last year's 39 per cent.

Grey Group Singapore's chief executive, Mr Subbaraju Alluri, said that the results had been affected by the financial crisis.

Describing Singaporeans as being 'cautious about everything', he said: 'When there's the slightest disruption, they will be more pessimistic because they want to be prepared for worst-case scenarios.'

Those interviewed by my paper echoed those sentiments.

Part-time tutor and motherof- two Katherine Hor, 34, sees her finances getting worse in the future as costs are rising.

'The monthly costs for my children, such as for their milk powder, diapers and school fees are very high,' she said.

'I feel stressed, but I'm trying to live each day as it comes and spend less on myself.'

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah most Singaporean men would not bother even if their lovers will not try to fake an orgasm .

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
One satisfied Singaporean, insurance executive Jean Tan, 26, said: 'I have a supportive family and a roof over my head provided by my Government, and a group of loving friends with whom I can be my real self. So, I'm happy.'

Best thing to do is not to buy insurance from this loser jean Tan. Roof over her head is provided thru her own means. She earned the money, and she pays the mortgage. How stupid can an insurance exec be?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
why dun just say most sporeans satisfied as compared to life 50 years ago..

since LHL already started the ball rolling:cool:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In advertising firm Grey Group Asia Pacific's study on consumer attitudes, 63 per cent of 504 Singaporeans surveyed said that they were very or somewhat satisfied with their lives.

who they asked? PAP glass loots?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why dun just say most sporeans satisfied as compared to life 50 years ago..

since LHL already started the ball rolling:cool:

LHL fifty years ago, was born with a 'silver spoon' in his mouth, living like a 'prince'...while the majority of SINgaporeans...do not even have a private jamban of their own, bathed from PUB installed common bathing taps, watched TV from community centres...and lived in attap houses...

of course they are satisfied...but who is more satisfied?? comparing Washington red apples with the local guavas???

:rolleyes:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. which cow or horse or plain jane say that?
2. 504 out 4.5ml sinkies survyed.
3. somewhat satisfied, let analyse the questionaires.
4. go and ask the ah pek and ah sims islandwide.
5. they constitute more than 504 paxs.