• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Engineer squeezed out of job, angry and bitter

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was forwarded to me hours ago

I thought it made good reading and seemed to reflect some of the bitterness and anger

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 1:03 AM
Subject: RE: Bitter guy blogs about it

I am an engineer. Over the past year, I have been squeezed out of my job by cheaper Chinese, Malaysian and Indian engineers.

To them, $2000 is much when they remit back home.
To me, I can’t even afford a HDB, as frugal as I try to be, because the foreigners keeps driving home prices up on a daily basis.

To add insult to injury, more of the foreign graduates replacing me had their university fees paid by our very own Ministry of Education. These graduates were not only given free college education, they were even given a month allowance of few hundred dollars each. While I had to work part time to support my education in NUS, and I still remain in debt to my student loan. (BITTER LAUGH!!!!).

I spent 2.5 years of my precious youth serving the SAF, during which I lost my first girlfriend during training. These foreigners were given PRs and citizenship in less than 2.5 years and they don’t even need to serve.

If war breaks out, I have to protect 1/3 of the population fuilled with these people?? (Assuming they dun run away at the 1st sign of trouble??!!) SAF even sent me a letter threatening to fine me for going overseas without telling them…to attend a funeral of my uncle…(BITTER LAUGH!!!!).

Hey, here’s an idea, why don’t I migrate to another country before migrating back. That will save me more time!

I am working in odds jobs now 7 days a week. I am now almost 30 already. Inflation exceed my savings rate, and I find a home, marriage, kids and happy future beyond me. A simple illness or a year of unemployment could wipe me out. Yet the government is wondering why there are less marriages and births….(BITTER LAUGH!!!!)

I bear no love to my country now. My country does not need to be attacked, it has already be invaded and taken over.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I thought it made good reading and seemed to reflect some of the bitterness and anger

I am an engineer. Over the past year, I have been squeezed out of my job by cheaper Chinese, Malaysian and Indian engineers.

To me, I can’t even afford a HDB, as frugal as I try to be, because the foreigners keeps driving home prices up on a daily basis.

To add insult to injury, more of the foreign graduates replacing me had their university fees paid by our very own Ministry of Education. These graduates were not only given free college education, they were even given a month allowance of few hundred dollars each. While I had to work part time to support my education in NUS, and I still remain in debt to my student loan. (BITTER LAUGH!!!!).

I spent 2.5 years of my precious youth serving the SAF, during which I lost my first girlfriend during training. These foreigners were given PRs and citizenship in less than 2.5 years and they don’t even need to serve.

If war breaks out, I have to protect 1/3 of the population fuilled with these people?? (Assuming they dun run away at the 1st sign of trouble??!!) SAF even sent me a letter threatening to fine me for going overseas without telling them…to attend a funeral of my uncle…(BITTER LAUGH!!!!).

Hey, here’s an idea, why don’t I migrate to another country before migrating back. That will save me more time!

I am working in odds jobs now 7 days a week. I am now almost 30 already. Inflation exceed my savings rate, and I find a home, marriage, kids and happy future beyond me. A simple illness or a year of unemployment could wipe me out. Yet the government is wondering why there are less marriages and births….(BITTER LAUGH!!!!)

I bear no love to my country now. My country does not need to be attacked, it has already be invaded and taken over.

This is sad but its basically what i feel too, i am following my friends and getting a few properties at the 2nd link and basically work from there and just come back once a month.

Its my way of ensuring that i saved as much as possible and be able to cater more for my family later in life as the folks in white can not be depended on for anything other than death and taxes. I really feel bad for this guy, he has done everything right for the system.

Yet the system failed him.

I was talking to a Malaysian today, he was so envious of me being in Singapore. Yet i told him, what has my country given me other than scars and suffering for 2.5 years? Everything i have, i gained through myself and despite their best efforts to stop me through academic barriers, etc, while lowering for foreigners, i have succeeded.

Yet just when i see success, i get taxed heavily and housing in Singapore has become so unaffordable because of unabated greed and speculation by the foreigners. Did anyone in the ivory towers do a thing? Nothing.

Its just like a farmer never planted a tree yet it grew, the farmer cut the branches, kicked the trunk and never even watered the tree. In the end, when the tree bears fruit, the farmer is the first to harvest. He even cut off additional branches so that he can plant foreign cuttings on the branches

The original agencies like NTUC, HDB and even our hospitals have lost sight of their original vision and the intent which they were formed. Have we ever asked ourselves is it the priority of a hospital to be profitable? Yet we have one of the most profitable hospitals in the world. In the process of gaining efficiency and progress, what have we become, what have become lost along the way? I no longer feel anything for the country, its a lost cause to think that they would ever listen.

If possible, can you forward the engineer's email to me? I would like to contact him and help in job finding if possible.
In my own little way, i would like to help fellow orphans of the state because thats what we all are.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
trall080324.gif

Then all Singaporeans do be united !
Observe and note all Corporations, companies and food centres that hired FTs. Just boycott them till they run dry .

We can start a blog with all details to enable a protectionism policy that all Singaporeans should be aware of ! We can show them they wouldn't last long. If they do then most Singaporeans don't care a hoot anyway and should be replaced !

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
you have legs, you should have run away long ago.

Its not so easy when you have family and wife here. You need time to get their buy in and prepare first. I don't want to fail because of lack of preparation. I have applied to a few countries and also made plans to start having footholds there so i can move on once we get the immigration stuff done.

Meantime, establishing a nearby hinterland to get my parents to understand that there is a life beyond SG. Its not easy being an only son but i will strive for them and my children.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have legs, you should have run away long ago.

trall080324.gif

Running away is not an option .
It is too lenient for all the balls carrier and pencil pushers ( GLCs and MINDEF bootlickers )! We as Singaporeans must twart the industries and policy makers and set a trend and precedent. Even though they may use hard tactics to make our lives miserable and till we may either starve or be unemployed months on end .That be it. They may add another 40% of Foreign talents if they find it justifiable. What can we do ask ourselves !
However if we act wisely and show that we meant it. It be a statistic to be reckoned. What say you Singaporeans.

There is two ways to it. One is do something about it. Second is pretend it will all go away. I think in the near term. It will probably aggreviate alot of Singaporeans residents and graduates. So do something about it like we mean it.

Last edited:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not so easy when you have family and wife here. You need time to get their buy in and prepare first. I don't want to fail because of lack of preparation. I have applied to a few countries and also made plans to start having footholds there so i can move on once we get the immigration stuff done.

Meantime, establishing a nearby hinterland to get my parents to understand that there is a life beyond SG. Its not easy being an only son but i will strive for them and my children.

Do what you think is right for your family.
Even if you fail after all preparations, just take it as a lesson learnt.
If you succeed, good for you and your family.
Don't forget to help others who wants out.:wink:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Running away is not an option .
It is too lenient for all the balls carrier and pencil pushers ( GLCs and MINDEF bootlickers )! We as Singaporeans must twart the industries and policy makers and set a trend and precedent. Even though they may use hard tactics to make our lives miserable and till we may either starve or be unemployed months on end .That be it. They may add another 40% of Foreign talents if they find it justifiable. What can we do ask ourselves !
However if we act wisely and show that we meant it. It be a statistic to be reckoned. What say you Singaporeans.

There is two ways to it. One is do something about it. Second is pretend it will all go away. I think in the near term. It will probably aggreviate alot of Singaporeans residents and graduates. So do something about it like we mean it.
[/QUOTE]

There are always different options around for us.
I believe those who migrated are willing to help SG if there is a new system in place.
Let the system fail by itself.
It will sooner or later.
If someone is force to a corner to fence for himself, he will fight back.
But I have doubt for the 66.6% of SG. Sad.....
:(

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

To those of you who feel you have been played out and have no longer any feelings for this country, I say, take the risk and make the move. Nothing motivates you to do your best when you have nothing else to do but to succeed.

Many of our ancestors came to this island with the same spirit. Many suceeded while many more eked a living but still stayed. Somehow over the decades, many of us second and third generation Sgeans have become a little dependent on things that we take for granted or believed is a right.

If you can rediscover that zeal, drive and need to survive against all odds then you have what is needed to make it.

Well, the reality in Sg is that nothing is guaranteed, and your pink IC is not worth the plastic it is made from it has been cheapened by the influx of lowly educated and cheap labour. Even uber-despot LKY has openly admitted that all they need is secondary qualifications to take up limited space and jobs here.

The only value in being Sgean is in the passport that you carry. Your passport is literally a passport to every part of this world, use it to its full potential.

Many so called new citizens are already doing so and before they sully the SGP passport, you should take advantage of it now.

I left 14 months ago and it is the best decision I have ever made. Eventhough I had to leave behind family and loved ones, I knew I would be able to make it and secure myself a decent life.

I now have a home in Williamsburg, Virginia and my fiance and I are building on our dreams and aspirations. We plan to get married by the middle of next year and start a family of our own.

By then I would be a full citizen of the US and despite all the problems it is having, it's still the best place to be.

So, I don't know if you are able to make the move without being tied down by roots and such, but I think a man's got to do what a man's got to do. If not, stay here and take the brunt of the PAP machinery as it seeks to entrench itself as govt and to be in power for as long as it can at your expense and the expense of your loved ones.

To those who have made plans, I congratulate you, to those who are ready to leave I applaud you and to those who have left I salute you however, those who choose to remain and those who cannot leave, I empathise with you, for I too was once just like you.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

temasekreview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Do you have the URL of the blog?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sigh! Another "cham" fella not unlike the Phd holder from Stanford now driving a taxi to make a living. Why can't our benevolent 1st class highest-paid government employ these people or at least help them to get employed commensurate with their training and experience? What happen to our super- talented ministers who freely advocates and exhorts Sinkaporeans to think out of the box? :rolleyes:

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
If possible, can you forward the engineer's email to me? I would like to contact him and help in job finding if possible.
In my own little way, i would like to help fellow orphans of the state because thats what we all are.

Bro Wuqi. Congratulate on making plans to move out sg. I too am making plans. Sg i believe stil have some opportunity for me. So in the near future, i think i be staying put. Hoping to make some contact to a few countries i hope to retire in.

And i have send you a PM. Please see if you can help. Thanks and good luck on Orphans of the state.
!&!!

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very good letter reflecting the exact problem that many local talents is facing.

As much as I 'want' to love this country, I just feel that this country does not cherish my love.

SO, to be a real man, I will let go of what I cannot hold, and find love elsewhere.

FUCK MIW's country.

(besides, its a lousy lay)