• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Zaobao scold Sinkies not celebrate Natda

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Say new citizens are appreciative and celebrate National Day.

http://www.zaobao.com/yl/yl090807_006.shtml

八月的思考
(2009-08-07)
<!-- /ssi/slice/imugroup01.shtml --><STYLE type=text/css>fieldset { width: 309px; border: 1px solid #990000; }legend { font-family: Arial,"宋体"; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #990000;}</STYLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=9 cellPadding=0 width=309 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>罗禅珠

我特别喜欢8月。不仅因为岛国8月的九重葛分外妖娆,更是因为8月的新加坡洋溢着喜气,8月的组屋区流淌着温馨,尤其是家家户户都悬挂了国旗,使绿色的岛国,色彩一下子绚丽起来、丰富起来、壮观起来!
  早年,许多国民争先恐后漏夜排队索取国庆入场卷,为的是到现场去亲身感受一下举国欢腾的气氛。近年来,我国的国庆典礼越办越隆重,越办越精彩,因为是在滨海城的浮动舞台,在潋滟波光之下,灯火辉煌、别具风情。朋友从海外归来,很想亲临现场观赏国庆庆典,于是,我设法打听亲朋戚友中可有多余的入场券或有谁预定了附近的酒店可以居高临下,将这一年一度的历史性时刻尽收眼底、一览无遗。周边好友有一个预订了酒店,她本是印尼籍,在我国安家落户好多年,几乎每年都有雅兴预先订房观赏国庆,几位土生土长的朋友对此表示不屑,还说,国庆表演有啥好看,我连电视都是懒得看的!
  天渊之别的心态,令我感慨万端……为什么土生土长的本地国民如此不屑?为什么“新移民”如此热诚?是不是一切已习以为常?当然,你可以理解为“新移民”因为“新”所以有热忱,因为有钱有闲所以有雅兴;你也可以解释为本土国民不看国庆庆典不等于没有国家意识,但是,让我深思的是,如何衡量一个人的国家意识?犹忆早年家母在世时,对于国家是忠心耿耿的,绝不会因为政策可能偏颇,比如某个地区先翻新、哪里始终没通地铁而有所抱怨。我想,或许是先辈们经历了建国时期的艰辛与苦难,对于来之不易的繁荣与稳定才非常珍惜,拳拳的爱国心才会油然而生的缘故吧!反观太平盛世出生的我们,国家的意识似乎并不那么强烈,反倒生出计较之心。
  前些年我曾旅居海外,非常留恋异国的风花雪月四季更迭,沉醉于辽阔的蓝天与青青的碧草,我以为我可以四海为家……然而,在最终做去留的抉择时,我仍然选择了回归故土。我知道,那湛蓝的天空虽然有我自由呼吸的空间,但青青的碧草却没有我辛勤的汗水,更没有我赖以扎根的坚实的土地。
  虽然我们经常教育孩子要有国家意识,既然生于斯、长于斯,就要爱于斯、忠于斯,对国家要效忠,要奉献……然而,前些年屡屡发生的精英毁约不归,甚至还毫不羞惭地美其名曰要为全人类服务,“小红点”不足以让他“鲲鹏展翅”,莫非我们千挑万选出的精英心中的首要位置只是个人事业的发展而不是为国效劳和国家同呼吸共命运?那么,当国家有难时,我们所灌输的爱国意识能否经得起考验?我们的国民能否万众一心,谱写出一曲新时代的《正气歌》?在繁荣盛世我们尚且对国家抱怨这个不周那个不全,要是国难当头又会如何呢?
  国民意识的灌输不是刻板地在教材中安插多少百分比的课文,不是举办多少寻宝游戏活动,或者带年轻人走马看花逛逛牛车水、小印度、马来文化村,也不是在CME课上完成一个电脑游戏。它应该是春风化雨般润物无声的感化,是国家民族历史文化的传承与熏陶,是建国44年来各行各业丰硕成果的总结与呈现,让年轻人在感染中受到感动,在学习中收获自豪,只有这样,他们才会与国家同甘苦、共患难、共浮沉。   又是8月,一个多彩的8月、亮丽的8月、骄傲自豪的8月,更是一个让人思考的8月,过去的辉煌已经走入历史,明天我们将迎来一个怎样的新加坡!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
ZAOBAO you are right, i will like to express my remorse with this...

middle_finger.jpg

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
The writer is confused about loyalty to country, loyalty to party and loyalty to emperor. Many people would have wished that Yue Fei had been a little less loyal to the emperor and a little more loyal to his country by not leaving his post where he was needed most.

Criticising or disagreeing with government policies is not an act of disloyalty or treason or sedition or whatever. Same for National Day celebrations. Some may think there is a lot to celebrate while others may feel that there is much more to be done before celebrating or that the spirit of celebration does not feel right.

If being eager to celebrate is a sign of loyalty, then I really worry for Singapore. :biggrin:

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
  虽然我们经常教育孩子要有国家意识,既然生于斯、长于斯,就要爱于斯、忠于斯,对国家要效忠,要奉献……然而,前些年屡屡发生的精英毁约不归,甚至还毫不羞惭地美其名曰要为全人类服务,“小红点”不足以让他“鲲鹏展翅”,莫非我们千挑万选出的精英心中的首要位置只是个人事业的发展而不是为国效劳和国家同呼吸共命运?那么,当国家有难时,我们所灌输的爱国意识能否经得起考验?我们的国民能否万众一心,谱写出一曲新时代的《正气歌》?在繁荣盛世我们尚且对国家抱怨这个不周那个不全,要是国难当头又会如何呢?
[/SIZE]

The writer is encouraging blind loyalty to S'pore. But S'poreans can see that PAP is putting its own selfish political interests above the country and being loyal to the country is equal to being loyal to PAP, which many of us disagree to.

When the PAP-system does not benefit the masses but only the elites, threatens academics from publishing their findings on govt policies, suppress the media from reporting honestly, oppresses oppositions and forces citizens to shoulder more responsibilities than PRs and suspending S'poreans' political rights, what independence are we celebrating when we are unable to chart the course for S'pore future?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sacrifice weekend boomtown business so that I can take all my staff to celebrate NDP, even though many are PRC and some Burmese

We are all very happy on this occasion

I support my staff and they support me

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple. Singaporeans can't choose their countries like they can't choose their parents, but foreigners can and did. If they did not like Singapore, they wouldn't have come. On the other hand, ex-Singaporeans who migrated would be celebrating national day of their new countries.

What's there to scold, I wonder.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sacrifice weekend boomtown business so that I can take all my staff to celebrate NDP, even though many are PRC and some Burmese

We are all very happy on this occasion

I support my staff and they support me

u and ur staffs can have a mass orgy session, believe they r happy to screw ur big ass hole!:oIo:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
The writer is confused about loyalty to country, loyalty to party and loyalty to emperor. Many people would have wished that Yue Fei had been a little less loyal to the emperor and a little more loyal to his country by not leaving his post where he was needed most.

Criticising or disagreeing with government policies is not an act of disloyalty or treason or sedition or whatever. Same for National Day celebrations. Some may think there is a lot to celebrate while others may feel that there is much more to be done before celebrating or that the spirit of celebration does not feel right.

If being eager to celebrate is a sign of loyalty, then I really worry for Singapore. :biggrin:

he din confused la, he just licking his masters' asses and publish by his masters' shit paper, simple.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
to each his own

wanna celebrate, celebrate

wanna masturbate, masturbate

wann urinate, urinate

why bother what other should do or not do with their time

writer needs to chill out with a good song

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone please tell this dog that watching a re-run remixed commie styled propaganda wayang for the last 44 years is so darn fricking boring affair.

Unless you are a captured audience or a paying fan, you'd probably get more shiok and thrill wanking away at 8.22pm.

What the fart !

When you are suffering from hardships, you won't have the mood to celebrate anything.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
hitler-youth.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOtGr1JFCnE&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOtGr1JFCnE&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>