• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to find this van for selling food??

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle had a big fight with kopitiam owner over rental stall rent. THe rents in kopitiam are way too much, if one day don't sell enough, may not even recover enough for the rent. So he decided to quit renting at kopitiam, now he is thinking of buying a van to run his hawker food business. He is looking for van that look like the photo where he can sell his cooked food and maybe drinks as well. Any such van in Singapore? Where to buy?

3790417543_cd3a64ce42_o.jpg

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle had a big fight with kopitiam owner over rental stall rent. THe rents in kopitiam are way too much, if one day don't sell enough, may not even recover enough for the rent. So he decided to quit renting at kopitiam, now he is thinking of buying a van to run his hawker food business. He is looking for van that look like the photo where he can sell his cooked food and maybe drinks as well. Any such van in Singapore? Where to buy?

new nick, 1st post already have 81 points:confused:

another clone:confused:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better tell your uncle to do his research b4 buying the van. U cannot suka suka just drive around and sell food from a van hor! Apparently u need to apply license and sell at designated place at designated hours!

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh, people ask about rice bowl, you worry about points! Why, jealous ah... ask po2wq on how to get the points.

To the bros who up me for the points, cheers!!

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better tell your uncle to do his research b4 buying the van. U cannot suka suka just drive around and sell food from a van hor! Apparently u need to apply license and sell at designated place at designated hours!

His plan is to drive to industrial estates, construction sites or any place where there is no closeby hawker centre. Think he watch too much TV, got influenced by those lunch vans in USA selling sandwiches and coffee..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Singapore, there're only some designated approved places (usually carparks) that you can sell foods with these meals-on-wheels vans. You need to apply (to URA or HDB I think) and pay licensing fee and rent too. There're time limits, usually hours from breakfast to lunch hours.

You can't do any serious cooking in these vans, you can't cook your food at home and load them onto the vans, unless you have a designated approved public food preparation facility. So most probably, you have to order food from authorised cooked food suppliers for resale.

Getting one of these vans is the easy part; just check with any major motor dealer. Making a profitable business out of it is the hard part.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, there're only some designated approved places (usually carparks) that you can sell foods with these meals-on-wheels vans. You need to apply (to URA or HDB I think)

the scheme was implemented some years ago and was not successful so it was scrapped

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the scheme was implemented some years ago and was not successful so it was scrapped

Scrapped in Singapore already? I'm not surprised.

It's going strong in Malaysian residential neighbourhoods at night for supper, especially in neighbourhoods where coffeeshops are far off or close early. They usually sell "lok-lok", something in between yong tau foo and satay for Chinese hawkers, and burgers for Malay hawkers.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
To operate this van you need to apply licence from a gangster worst than any kopitiam boss in Singapore.
Even kopitiam boss have to kowtow to him.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very hard to make living with such truck and it is illegal in singapore , like many other things, for example chewing gum.