• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 2009-10

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Owen is not the answer...free transfer makes no difference...his Anfield days are over...compare Owen and Robbie Keane, to me their style of play looks quite similar...and see what happened to Keane...

No, Rafa should have gone for a proper big impact striker that would have immediately complimented Torres...prior to Alonso's sale i would have understood that there was no $$$ for this option...but after Alonso's sale i think Rafa was in a position to do so with additional sales of say Voronin and Dossena and the rest of the kitty from the earlier sales...Rafa should have gone all the way for David Villa and i believe he would have got his man with Torres' help...wishful thinking now though

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
another lousy friendly game result.
and worst,our new signing is injured.
let hope that we can get it right,on next week when the new season starts.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Owen is not the answer...free transfer makes no difference...his Anfield days are over...compare Owen and Robbie Keane, to me their style of play looks quite similar...and see what happened to Keane...

Robbie Keane, will due respect, can't compare to Michael Owen, scorer of world famous goals against Argentina, Germany, Brazil etc. at the highest level, the only Liverpool winner of European Footballer of the Year.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps...but Owen circa 98/99' is not the Owen of 09
Robbie Keane, will due respect, can't compare to Michael Owen, scorer of world famous goals against Argentina, Germany, Brazil etc. at the highest level, the only Liverpool winner of European Footballer of the Year.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well he had 30m pounds from the sale of Alsono...add to that another 10m pounds from recent sales plus kick in another 5-10m pounds from the sale of Dossena and Voronin and I would have thought that would be enough to purchase Villa
Rafa has many wishes but since no money coming from the Americanos so no point talking...... he can only wishful thinking :(

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps...but Owen circa 98/99' is not the Owen of 09

Yes agree, remains to be seen. If Owen is resurrected by Sir Alex, this would go down into footballing bible as another gospel. If not, so be it, it's a free transfer. Sir Alex can only win or draw, he can't lose, unless Manchester United finish outside the top 4 and lose out on a Champions League position next season, which I think that even the worst and meanest Manchester United haters won't think possible.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
another lousy friendly game result.
and worst,our new signing is injured.
let hope that we can get it right,on next week when the new season starts.

The new season will be like last season,
your hooligan captain will still be kissing TV cameras,
while Man Utd captain's lips will be on the EPL trophy yet again.

Attachments

• spot-the-difference-tshirt_design.jpg
    spot-the-difference-tshirt_design.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 104

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
there will be always these type of incidents.
Man Utd also have this type of players.

Torres just signed an new 4 years contract,at least one good news here.

Go Reds Go !

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool lost first match of the season

you know why?

Newater.

they drank too much newater and cannot run or kick the ball anymore.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
really depressed after watching yesterday's game (more so after the dismal pre-season outings)...regardless of possible pen claims the Reds looked poor and spurs played them off the park, fair dues to harry and his lads...also of concern rafa appears to have gone back to his old bloody irritating defensive tactics which got the reds nowhere instead of sticking to liverpool's fine offensive game plan that carried them through the last 3rd of last season...only shinning lights were Reina's world class saves, Johnson's attacking form & Yossi's sparkle when he came on...no doubt early days but rafa needs to make changes now if not by the time aquilani makes his debut the reds EPL season may already be over and worse still may even be scrambling for the CL 4 spot:eek::(...

YNWA

Lessons NOT learnt from the last 2-3 seasons.

LESSON 1:
Ryan Babel is NOT a winger. Especially not a LEFT winger. He has a pathetic first touch. Looks completely devoid of ideas when facing multiple defenders. Has VERY poor positioning and rarely provides an outlet to his midfield by making clever runs. The only time Babel looks worth a Liverpool shirt is when he plays as a Forward/Striker.

Yes Yossi is a FAR FAR better contributor, but by being a right footed, attacking midfielder being forced to play on the left, he can neither hug the line, nor provide good crosses. He cuts in, makes clever passes, has good feet and a great shot. But he is NOT a winger. Further, our Left Wing doesnt enjoy the benefit of a confident, premier league tested, fit full back. (Even Aurelio at his best, wont help our cause as long as Babel plays there). Last season Reira was a decent addition. But he wont help us break down stubborn defenses, as was clear by the many draws last season.

LESSON: WE NEED A BETTER WINGER ON THE LEFT. David Silva, Ash Young are both better than what we have. We need this position fixed, NOW.

LESSON 2:

As poorly as i have always rated Lucas, the kid had a great game today. Yet, its crystal clear that with him in our midfield, we lack creativity. He provides industry, as does Kuyt, but he absolutely cannot replace Alonso. Its clear, he doesnt invoke any confidence in Gerrard, who then doesnt push forward, leaving Torres stranded.

We have lost one of the founding stones of this Liverpool team and i pray to lord Mr. Aquilani achieves fitness and is able to fill Alonso's boots. Its going to take time and i honestly think as was the case in the 2nd half today, Gerrard will have to play along side Masch in a 4-4-2, with either Kuyt (Yossi on RightWing) or SOMEONE playing alongside Torres.

As Alonso's loss was inevitable since Project Barry last year, UNTIL WE FIND A PLAYMAKER TO CONTROL OUR MIDFIELD CONSISTENTLY, GERRARD NEEDS TO PLAY IN MIDFIELD AND WE NEED A STRIKE PARTNER FOR TORRES.

LESSON: Gerrard alongside Mash in a 4-4-2, Kuyt-Torres upfront. Yossi/ElZhar on the Right. Silva/Young (Riera cover) on the left. Lucas cover for midfield.

Ideally, Aaron lennon, a name long discussed wouldve been a fantastic addition to our team. Today, again he has shown how phenomenal he wouldve been playing alongside Gerrard, Torres. Anyways, that boat has left the harbor.

Voronin moves like a sick cow, has a pathetic touch, no dribbling skills and poor finishing. Please sell him, we need a cheap cover for the Torres-Kuyt partnership - Tuncay isnt that bad a shout.

--------------

BOTTOM LINE: Babel and Voronin out. Please. Silva or Young in. Else, this is going to be a long frustrating season. We already lack penetration in attack, a single injury to Torres, Gerrard, Kuyt or Masch and this season is dead in the water.

Yes, today was a ****-poor performance. We didnt deserve a single point. We barely created any chances. I pray Rafa fixes the situation on our wings, which has been a concern area for past many seasons.

Sigh - starting with a loss is really frustrating. I still have high hopes from the season ahead.

Comeon Rafa, comeon Liverpool.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
A great start for Loserpool.
This is going to be their year.:biggrin:
A deserved win for Spurs.
If Robbie Keane had been on form,
it could have been 4-1.:eek:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comeon Rafa, comeon Liverpool.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard there's an urban legend jinx, no club losing season opening game would go on to win the league. Don't know how true, anyone got confirmed stats?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
glad to see you can appreciate rafa's humour when he 'gave' his specs to referee phil dowd after the match:rolleyes::p
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was a familiar result for Villa though, having taken just four points from their last 23 encounters in the league with the Red Devils and not beaten them since the opening day of the 1995/96 season.

Season 1995/96

Champions: Manchester United
Runners up: Newcastle United
Champions League places: Manchester United
UEFA Cup places: Newcastle, Aston Villa (League Cup), Arsenal
Cup Winners Cup places: Liverpool
Promoted (from 1994/95): Middlesbrough, Bolton Wanderers
Relegated: Bolton Wanderers, Queens Park Rangers, Manchester City
Leading Scorer: Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers) 31 goals

I heard there's an urban legend jinx, no club losing season opening game would go on to win the league. Don't know how true, anyone got confirmed stats?