• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 2009-10

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pre-season friendly tour results have been horrible.

St. Gallen (Switzerland) 0 Liverpool 0
Rapid Vienna (Austria) 1 Liverpool 0
Thailand 1 Liverpool 1

Instead of being on the field charging forward, Steven Gerrard is in the dock of court charged for assault.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Sunday, i.e. tomorrow, Singapore v. Liverpool. Who's going? Field reports welcome.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
XABI ASKS TO LEAVE ENGLAND

Xabi Alonso's Liverpool career appeared to be coming towards an end as he arrived for training today.

The midfielder expects to hold talks with manager Rafael Benitez as Real Madrid are believed to be preparing a new, improved, bid for the 28 year-old.

A club source has now confirmed that Alonso has submitted a transfer request, with the Spanish player having previously only told Benitez verbally that he wanted to leave the club.

Now if Madrid produce an offer of at least £28million, the chances are that Benitez will agree to sell the man he signed from Real Sociedad for £10million in August 2004............football365.com

He will leave a big hole in midfield. Mascherano may follow him out of Anfield.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps he realised, why play for a Spanish club in England? Might as well play for a Spanish club in Spain.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps he realised, why play for a Spanish club in England? Might as well play for a Spanish club in Spain.

Lol.....He's the best passer in the league if not the world. He shoots and defends well. It's a big big loss to Pool.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
if Alonso leaves,will be a great loss to us.
quite a number of players left already,but only one or two signings.
we really need to have a good midfielder that play like Alonso,so that Gerrard can play a more important and forward role to support the strikers else he will definitely have to cover and play a more defensive n holding role.

terror03

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess the chance of Alonso is very high now.

AC Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani has been linked with a £15m Anfield move on a five-year contract.

Quite unkown player to all bros unless an avid Serie A fen, dun know how good he is.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool win the Epl this year

Although there's a good chance for Liverpool as Manchester United lost Ronaldo & Tevez, Liverpool still don't have a reliable strike force like Keegan & Toshack or Dalglish & Rush that deliver the goals and trophies.

Nevertheless, still a good chance as Chelsea and Arsenal also in the same situation, and whether Rooney & Owen partnership can work out fine for Manchester United throughout the season is still in question.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
REAL AGREE ALONSO FEE

Liverpool's Xabi Alonso is poised to sign for Real Madrid after the clubs agreed a fee believed to be £30million for the Spain international.

The end of a summer-long saga over the 27-year-old's future ended when Liverpool issued a short statement effectively bringing to a close his spell on Merseyside.

The statement read: "Liverpool Football Club this evening confirmed they had reached agreement for the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject only to a medical. The terms of the deal will remain confidential and undisclosed."

But although Liverpool will not reveal the details of the deal, privately sources were maintaining that manager Rafael Benitez had got his own way over the fee.

It is believed that Madrid made another attempt to end the deadlock with an offer of £30m that will rise to £34m depending on Alonso's success over the first two years of what is believed to be a five-year contract.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Viz Xabi Alonso's departure...well all i can say is that it is better to let a player move on if he is not happy at the club regardless of how important a player he is...because at the end of the day such unhappiness seeps into the entire dressing room and causes even more problems...no player is bigger than the club itself...this even includes Gerrard and Torres...players come and go but the club shall remain...as for Xabi himself...I say thanks for your 5 years of fine loyal service and wish him all the best at Real, well unless Real play against the Reds:biggrin:

Now more importantly what about the arrival of Alberto Aquilani from Roma?...to be honest i have never heard of this chap until now, not much of a follower of seria A...i believe Rafa would have immediately gone for Gareth Barry as a replacement, a player tried tested and seasoned in the EPL...unfortunately Abu Dhabi Blues had other ideas.. now the little that i have read about Aquilani, he sounds like quite a talented attacking midfielder...however what worries me is the fact that his stats show that he get's injured alot, in fact he has just had ankle surgery in May so it is doubtful whether he shall be fit for the start of the EPL season...and at 20m pounds i think the least we should be askking for is a fit talented impact player...not necessarily a replica of Xabi but someone who can stand out on his own and relatively stay fit for the whole season...to this i think there is a question mark that hangs over Aquilani...really hope i am proven wrong...

personally i would have preferred if Rafa went for David Villa instead...spent all the $$$ he could collect and use to land Villa with Torres' help...with Villa and Torres upfront, push Gerrard back to the middle of pitch with Masch in his usual holding role...wowee makes my mouth water:p...i believe this sort of combo would probably have paid off big dividends for Rafa and the Reds...particularly since Villa and Torres have already created a great deadly attacking partnership in the Spanish national team...

oh well, it is what it is...i guess...really hope Rafa knows what he is doing...also hope team players like Babel, Voronin, Ngog and Lucas finally rise to the occasion, step up to the plate in the EPL and CL this season...

wish Rafa and the Reds all the very best as always...come on you Reds:smile:

YNWA

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh and if 'Aquaman' makes the impact that i hope he shall this coming season...then perhaps Reds fans shall be singing with gusto and delight

When the Ball hits your eye
like a big pizza pie
Aquilani,
Who cares about Xabi
Now we have Alby
Aquilani

:biggrin::biggrin:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now more importantly what about the arrival of Alberto Aquilani from Roma?...to be honest i have never heard of this chap until now, not much of a follower of seria A...i believe Rafa would have immediately gone for Gareth Barry as a replacement, a player tried tested and seasoned in the EPL...unfortunately Abu Dhabi Blues had other ideas.. now the little that i have read about Aquilani, he sounds like quite a talented attacking midfielder...however what worries me is the fact that his stats show that he get's injured alot, in fact he has just had ankle surgery in May so it is doubtful whether he shall be fit for the start of the EPL season...and at 20m pounds i think the least we should be askking for is a fit talented impact player...not necessarily a replica of Xabi but someone who can stand out on his own and relatively stay fit for the whole season...to this i think there is a question mark that hangs over Aquilani...really hope i am proven wrong...YNWA

Players from Serie A seem to have a habit of flopping when they come to the rough and tumble of the English Premier League.
Classic example: Dossena :eek:
Here's hoping he will be another one.:wink:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes the track record of the italians in EPL is suspect and sketchy...in fact i think they do not generally travel well anywhere outside of seriaA...so Aquilani appears to be a big gamble at 20 million pounds especially with his injury prone background...

as for Dossena, he is crap in the EPL and another one of Rafa's bad buys...however he does have one saving grace...he scored a beauty at 'Old Toilet' last season when the Reds turned the Red Devils into Manure:biggrin::p
Players from Serie A seem to have a habit of flopping when they come to the rough and tumble of the English Premier League.
Classic example: Dossena :eek:
Here's hoping he will be another one.:wink:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes the track record of the italians in EPL is suspect and sketchy...in fact i think they do not generally travel well anywhere outside of seriaA...so Aquilani appears to be a big gamble at 20 million pounds especially with his injury prone background...

as for Dossena, he is crap in the EPL and another one of Rafa's bad buys...however he does have one saving grace...he scored a beauty at 'Old Toilet' last season when the Reds turned the Red Devils into Manure:biggrin::p

..............and we end up with the EPL trophy!!!! That's all that matters.... keke:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..............and we end up with the EPL trophy!!!! That's all that matters.... keke:biggrin:

Yes, Liverpool completed an impressive league double over Manchester United last season, that's worth 6 points or 12 if you count both ways, but still ended up empty handed. Why? In the early 80s, Ron Atkinson also had his team performing very against the top rivals Liverpool, Arsenal etc. He ended up empty handed in the league and had to hand over to Alex Ferguson. Why? In a season's long league, winning most of the easier games and points is the key to winning the league. Bill Shankly knew that, Bob Paisley knew that, Alex Ferguson knew that. Gerrard Houlier didn't know that and obviously Rafael Benitez still don't know that. Hell, even Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourihno knew that.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
this season will be much more difficult for us.
sold quite a number of players and those coming in are of untried quality.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that Liverpool not offering Michael Owen a return will come back to haunt them this season. If Liverpool offered, I'm sure Owen would have chosen Liverpool. Nevertheless, that's just a sentimental hunch. If Owen can't perform and score for Manchester United, then Rafael gets his chance to laugh at Sir Alex. Let's see.