• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why did he take on cops?

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,207717,00.html?

Why did he take on cops?
Cabby: They blocked my way home
Cops: He put up violent struggle

By Elysa Chen

July 14, 2009

NP_IMAGES_ECTAXI-KPS.jpg

FINED $600: Mr Lee Choon Guan, 54, a taxi driver, shows how he was pinned down and handcuffed by the police. TNP PICTURE: JONATHAN CHOO

WHEN he saw his way into the carpark blocked by a police car, Lee Choon Guan hit his car horn.

He did it again and again.

Unhappy that his journey home after a long day of driving his taxi was being delayed, he then shouted at the police officers.

'This is not your father's road,' he said.

He didn't stop there. A police spokesman said he also hurled vulgarities at the officers.

Even after warning him that he was breaking the law, he continued.

That's when they moved in and handcuffed him, while his wife looked on.

Lee was later charged in court and fined $600.

Lee, 54, who lives in Marine Parade, was driving home to Marine Terrace after having dinner with his wife at 10pm on 27 Jun. He found his way blocked by a police car.

Lee told The New Paper in Mandarin: 'The car was parked in the middle of the entrance to the carpark. It was very difficult to get in.

'I had started work at 6.30am that day. At that time, I was very tired, and I just wanted to go home and rest.'

He saw the police checking a young couple. The cops had sealed off the carpark because they were on the hunt for two theft suspects.

Lee didn't know this, nor did he get out to enquire. Instead, he sounded the horn.

When he thought nothing was being done, he shouted at the policemen.

Then he whipped out his handphone and shot pictures of them while sounding his horn repeatedly.

He said that was when the police officers approached him and asked for his identify card.

He said: 'But I didn't do anything wrong, why should I show them my IC? Even if they were handling an emergency and needed to park at the entrance to the carpark, they should have at least parked straight, and not obstruct the way of those trying to enter and exit the carpark.'

The police officers tried explaining the situation to him but they said he refused to cooperate.

Vulgarities

Instead, Lee started shouting and used vulgarities on the officers.

The officers called for back-up, Lee said, and within minutes, others arrived at the scene.

When he turned violent, he was held down by some of the police officers and handcuffed, said Lee.

Lee's wife, Madam Tan Chye Hong, 53, claimed that in the scuffle, her husband got cuts on his arms, knees and face.

Lee said that the police took him to a doctor at Changi General Hospital, where he was treated for his abrasions.

He was then taken to the Bedok police station and detained for the night. He was released at 2pm the next day, after his wife posted bail of $5,000.

When he went to court, he was handed the $600 fine for disorderly behaviour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What police say

POLICE spokesman Humphrey Sew said that on that night, police spotted two suspects who were believed to be involved in an earlier case of theft near the entrance of the carpark at Block 51 Marine Terrace.

He said: 'To prevent the suspects from escaping, the officers decided to park their police car across the entrance of the carpark. This caused the road leading into the carpark to be partially blocked.'

He added that the police officers had switched on the blinker and hazard lights of the police car to alert passing motorists, as they were mindful of the temporary inconvenience caused.

However, Lee's taxi had stopped behind the police car while the incident was still ongoing, and he was unhappy that the police car was blocking the carpark entrance.

He added: 'Although the police officers explained the situation to him and tried to calm him down, the taxi driver was uncooperative and spewed vulgarities at the police officers.'

Although the officers had warned Lee that he would be arrested for disorderly behaviour if he persisted, he refused to heed their advice and put up a violent struggle.

Necessary force was thus used to apprehend him, said the spokesman.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deserved it, assh@le taxidriver, lowest scums, always sounding the horn for no reason, disturbing the peace. just because he is tired is no excuse. selfish b@stards. everyone in singapore is also tired from work, what so special about his job???? one day NTUC might outsource his job to ah neh or ah tiong FT and I would laugh . crap sh!t attitude and no common sense. :oIo::oIo::oIo:This is one instance I must congratulate the poodles. got guts sue them lah, why so chicken and complain to the newspapers????? bloody balless cab driver.

PoThePanda

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Police Force are like the Gestapo!

Nazi Fascist Dogs!And now they are hiring Foreigners and PRs to become policemen!

Wait for the day in future when Singaporeans get bullied by Foreigner/PR policemen!

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid taxi-driver... Hopefully one day his cab got broken into.. Then perhaps he will learnt.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
only $600 fine

knn, our justice system damn fuck type

one day when this guy need police help and the police are prevented from doing their job by some loudmouth kaypoh then he will understand

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
compare to the hairy indian chief of my li'l brother LTS, it was nothing. his indian chief hantam the mata all the way to the changi holiday resort. he was pissed by the little mata who was abusing his authority.

indian chief belongs to a nasty indians gang with scorpion tattos....so dun pray pray.:smile:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad choice. We all make mistakes once in a while.

People kind of like the cops these days (I wonder why?) Now, if this dude fucked up a couple of certis tegus, I'd buy him drinks.

Cheers!

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heil Der FamiLEE~

Heil Der SeniorKanzler!

Heil Der... Auslander! (Foreigner)

Singapore Police Force are like the Gestapo!

Nazi Fascist Dogs!And now they are hiring Foreigners and PRs to become policemen!

Wait for the day in future when Singaporeans get bullied by Foreigner/PR policemen!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad choice. We all make mistakes once in a while.

People kind of like the cops these days (I wonder why?) Now, if this dude fucked up a couple of certis tegus, I'd buy him drinks.

Cheers!

there r good cops and there r bad. life in this place is like that. if good meet the bad, the scene can get ulgy: the good kena bullied by the bad.

if bad meets the badder, then there would be fireworks. depending how authorised or powderful, the badder would get the upperhand.

if good meets good, the equation is solved amicably.

this is a lame example but it's a good example: when bad troll met good mp.....now recalled the incident. verdict: good mp got tekan by bad troll and she comprained incessantly to really trying her best to destroy good mp.

in the end, bad troll sows a trail of bad seeds and is now suffering for her evil harvest.

oh...oh!! nasty clones activated and mobilised!!:p

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't say I'm cruel hor? Want to be a Boom Boom Raa Raa Kumar har? Okay give you a chance.... but you will still end up on your stomach to be fucked from behind!.lol.lol

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
NgEjay
Send E-Mail
Visit Website
Add To Friends
Ignore Posts

:wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
there r good cops and there r bad. life in this place is like that. if good meet the bad, the scene can get ulgy: the good kena bullied by the bad.

in the end, bad troll sows a trail of bad seeds and is now suffering for her evil harvest.

Hi Mr. Lee:

Thanks for replying. I have removed myslef from politics - life's too short and MORE IMPORTANTLY - there are more important things.

You are funny, but many blokes do not have a sense of humor. Maybe bcos of their tumors.

Cheers!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
This taxi uncle is a menace to society - should take away his taxi licence for good. If he dared to do that to the police - even while they are on emergency duty in arresting suspects - what do you think he will do to ordinary motorists??? It's like he is in cahoot with the suspected criminals! You can imagine he would honk at an ambulance out of his way because it was blocking him while it was loading an injured road victim! The judge is too kind to him - should have jailed him for a week at least!

If he belongs to NTUC Comfort, they should withdraw his licence instantly. How come he dare not show his taxi company and taxi number to the reporter? He is still unrepentent and thinks he is an angle. You see a lot of these monsters nowadays on the road. LTA should make in a law that taxi drivers attend refresher courses at least every six months.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This taxi uncle is a menace to society - should take away his taxi licence for good. If he dared to do that to the police - even while they are on emergency duty in arresting suspects - what do you think he will do to ordinary motorists??? It's like he is in cahoot with the suspected criminals! You can imagine he would honk at an ambulance out of his way because it was blocking him while it was loading an injured road victim! The judge is too kind to him - should have jailed him for a week at least!

If he belongs to NTUC Comfort, they should withdraw his licence instantly. How come he dare not show his taxi company and taxi number to the reporter? He is still unrepentent and thinks he is an angle. You see a lot of these monsters nowadays on the road. LTA should make in a law that taxi drivers attend refresher courses at least every six months.[/h]

He's had a bad day. The baddest day. He's had it up to the max! He lost it there, and let's all let him go back home, be with his wife and family. We ourselves don't know when we could snap. I doubt he does this daily. I'm sure he's regretted.

No one's seriously hurt. Let him go. Forgive him

Cheers!

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal

if bad meets the badder, then there would be fireworks. depending how authorised or powderful, the badder would get the upperhand.

if good meets good, the equation is solved amicably.

this is a lame example but it's a good example: when bad troll met good mp.....now recalled the incident. verdict: good mp got tekan by bad troll and she comprained incessantly to really trying her best to destroy good mp.

Guess whom the pondan cheebye mouth is inferring? But then it takes a damn bloody stupid fool to hoodwinked by another fool..lol....lol

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak, why so dramatic? The police got to seal off the carpark. Just approach the police, show your IC, tell them that you live here, let you go in and park your taxi.