• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This guy should have move to Pappies ward instead of staying in Hougang

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
muziniaoren
Today, 11:40 AM
Finally there is a chance for Hougang to be upgraded, but it is too late for me. Here's my story.

My dad is very ill and he has difficulty in walking, especially climbing the stairs. We would bring him down to the park a few evenings of the week. But as his condition get worsen, it is a torture for him to climb the stairs, and it is not possible to carry him due to his size. Since then, he can only spend his time within the house.

During every election we keep hearing that there will be lift upgrading, but only if we vote for the RIGHT person. And in the end, there is no upgrading. Last GE there is even a promise of $100m upgrading, and again if only they win. We were hoping that since it is a huge sum of $100m, even if they lose, they will use a portion of it to upgrade the lifts, as Hougang is not a new town and there are a lot of old folks in the estate. And again we were disappointed.

Now they announce there will be a chance for Hougang to be upgraded, but it no longer matters to me. My dad has passed away. During his last few years he can only stay in the house.

My Dad has been working all his life, I have also served my NS and pay my taxes. What makes us so different from other citizen? Just because we live in an opposition ward? Whether there will be any upgrading means nothing to me now, it is just too late.

http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=22194&page=2

Maybe he should have just move to other estate like AMK or Marine Parade.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
His dad is lucky to have a filial son like him. Others would have put them in an old folks home.

Its still not too late. Cause when he gets old, he would not even be in a local old folks home.
He will spend his last days in a JB old folks home where it cost less. The expenses will be financed
by monthly disbursement from his paltry CPF which he will never see.

PoThePanda

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP using the usual tactics of dividing Singaporeans.

Now resorting to bringing in foreigners en masses and dividing Singaporeans again.