• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IMPORTANT NEWS: Are Such Oils Being Used To Cook Food In S'pore?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe they are. Hawkers and fast food chains here ALL (99.9%) used recycled oil to cook food as its CHEAPER.

Maye that's the real reason for high cases of Colon Cancer here.

Anyone else care to add?

RECENTLY, the Taiwan consumer protection agency discovered that fast-food chains Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonald's had been re-using their oil for deep-frying for days without replacing it. Some of the restaurants' cooking oil test even failed the acid value stipulated by local health officials.

It was reported that the chemical compound acrylamide, which is linked to cancer (although not scientifically proven), forms in some foods during high-temperature cooking processes such as frying. Therefore, it may be a potential health risk if oil used for deep-frying is not changed after prolonged use.

Is there any official guideline or regulation here to ensure restaurants and hawker stalls regularly change the oil used for deep-frying?

Chu Wen Yuan

boundThunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
All outside foods are killers eventually because of the ingredients they used for economic reasons. Learn how to prepare one's nutritious meal is the best way and cheap too.

Fuck the hawkers and restauranteurs and those fast food chains for they have bad karmas.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hawkers would do anything to maintain the profit...what choice do they have when the rental is so high nowadays...

kaikora

Alfrescian
Loyal
they only change the oil when it turn darker in colour which is not suitable for frying anymore, its all depend on the volume of the bzness, n how often the oil is being used. once this oil being drain fr the fryer, this dirty black oil will be sold to oil collector for recycling purposes.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
so we are following the foot step of china...a lot of their roadside restaurant use recycled oil...very toxic..
our MHA should conduct srictcheck on these..especially we have a lot of PRC runnibg food stalls and eating house...........our health are at risks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
as someone suggested, eat at home lah. cut down on meat and eat up to 70-80% full. this will ensure a longer healthier life

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
they only change the oil when it turn darker in colour which is not suitable for frying anymore, its all depend on the volume of the bzness, n how often the oil is being used. once this oil being drain fr the fryer, this dirty black oil will be sold to oil collector for recycling purposes.

So, recycled oil may contains pork?

Babi, you have to tell those Muslim hawker because saw lots of them buying cheap oil in from those wholesalers in and around Geylang Serai.:p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our MHA should conduct srictcheck on these..especially we have a lot of PRC runnibg food stalls and eating house...........our health are at risks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would the gov't do anything :confused:

In Spore the gov't has business ties with the medical community. People getting sick is good for business$$$. :rolleyes:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long-term consumption of food (especially) cooked using recycled cooking oil likely to cause cancer of the colon.

Hawkers would do anything to maintain the profit...what choice do they have when the rental is so high nowadays...

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know they always used recycled oil.

Everytime i eat out, i get a sorethroat. I eat 90% of my meals at home so i'm very sensitive to all the crap being used.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Biggest culprits are the Ah Nehs stalls. See their fried fish? Black all over from overused oils. A good thing probably. Crows killer.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
must wait until news come out then pay attention? this leave me an impression that the are like donkey, spank and it moves a bit, another spank on its backside and it move a few steps?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, recycled oil may contains pork?

Babi, you have to tell those Muslim hawker because saw lots of them buying cheap oil in from those wholesalers in and around Geylang Serai.:p

What difference does this make?

If the others eat and didn't die straight away!

What they don't know, won't kill them!:biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
5-large.jpg

Recycled Oil

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
All outside foods are killers eventually because of the ingredients they used for economic reasons. Learn how to prepare one's nutritious meal is the best way and cheap too.

Fuck the hawkers and restauranteurs and those fast food chains for they have bad karmas.

Absolutely!!!! Dont understand why sinkies cant cook for shit. The sinkie women are even worst!!!! Dont even dare to step into a wet market. All the freshest ingredients comes from there. Maybe the only wetness Sinkie women know are when their pussies oozes juice when they get aroused.